“Great Rest! Wonderful Cinnamon Rolls!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Colorado
“Great Rest! Wonderful Cinnamon Rolls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Historic Old Town in Albuquerque. On arrival we were greeted by a delightful , friendly front desk staff member by the name of Jalena. She quickly and efficiently dealt with us so that everyone could get settled in and rest after a long day on the road dealing with the worst snow I have ever encountered in over 50 years of Colorado driving. She even had my IHG account number which I had forgotten in making my reservation. Her friendly manner was a welcome sight at the the end of our day.
The breakfast is quite nice and the cinnamon rolls the best we have had at any motel/hotel buffet.

Room Tip: The suites provide a nice place to sit and relax after a long day's drive as well as a restful n...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
48Irish,

Thank you for the kudos to Jalena! She is a wonderful asset to our team and our organization. She represents Holiday Inn Express & Suites Old Town very well. Thank you also for being a valued IHG Rewards member. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Albuquerque.

Haleah Todd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
South America
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is quiet, comfortable, well run, large rooms, has excellent breakfast bar, friendly helpful staff.

Dogs are welcome for what I think is a reasonable fee.

Hotel is close to Old Town and other attractions.

We would definitely stay here on our next trip.

Room Tip: There is no on site restaurant but many excellent options nearby.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
utahluke,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am so glad that you and your best friend. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you on your return trip.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Great stay - staff was extremely helpful, free breakfast was well done. Nothing was wrong but I have a feeling that if I had a problem it would have been addressed. I can't remember a budget hotel manager seeking me out to ensure everything was satisfactory, which this manager did. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Candor87
gmabqww, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Candor87,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found your stay to be great and no problems. And yes you are right the team would act quickly if there had been any issues. I will be sure to share your comments with our wonderful team. Hope to see you on your return trip to or thru Albuquerque.

Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We drive through Albuquerque at least once a year, and have always had bad luck with the hotels -- didn't want to spend too much since it's only for a good night's sleep before heading on our way. However, I was able to book this hotel with points, and totally enjoyed our stay. Since I have an IHG credit card, we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, and it was enormous, with two separate rooms -- very comfy. The breakfast wasn't the greatest, and it's true that the pancakes were pretty bad, but we enjoyed it anyway.

The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because when I originally booked the reservation, I called the hotel and requested a rollaway bed, and they said that was fine. However, upon arrival, I was told that the hotel doesn't have rollaway beds. Since they upgraded us to the suite at that point I wasn't going to complain, but felt they should have told us in advance.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alma, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were warmly greeted, and we received an upgrade for our room. Signage could be better since we turned too early. Location to Old Town is good.

The only negative which is true for ALL HIE is the marginal breakfast. So much more could be done other than stale pastries from Sam's Club. The pancakes are terrible. HEI needs to freshen up this breakfast. We typically do not eat breakfast since it is so poor. More fruit would be helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed on Friday February 28, 2014 and we were very pleased from the time we walked in the door! The hotel is clean, fresh, and very hard to believe it is 5 years old. Every corner of our room as clean and fresh like it was opening day. I was almost sorry we couldn't stay longer! I come from a background in the hotel industry and customer service. We will most definitely stay here on future visits to ABQ!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Debra C
Galena, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Very happy with our stay here. Staff at the front desk was very welcoming, location to Old Town was great(short drive, don't expect to walk) and it has a very clean look. Room was very nice, but do ask for one not on street side as it was rather noisy. Restaurant at the Pueblo Cultural Center across the street was excellent and the craftspeople very skilled. Enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: As stated above, not on street side.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple