“The Best Business Stay I've Had!”

Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Colorado
“The Best Business Stay I've Had!”
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Excellent suite rooms. The desk and chair in the room were well suited for heavy computer use. The wireless internet was excellent with no slowing down at peak times like what happens at many hotels. The hot breakfast and afternoon "snacks" were great. The fitness center was better than most, with dumbells, a universal machine, a couple of bikes and a couple of treadmills too. There was a movie room with big lounger chairs free to guests that looked great, though I didn't get a chance to use it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank sambam68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chicago Suburbs
Reviewed 10 October 2009

I can't understand how this place got such a high rating on Trip Advisor. I previously stayed at a Staybridge in Austin TX which was very nice with extremely comfortable beds, pillows & bedding, but everything in this place was done "on the cheap." The interiors were designed in crazy ways--furniture was too big for the rooms, towel bars in awkward places, overly large door to bathroom. My biggest gripe about the place was the furniture, which was new, but had an odd smell. (I think it was probably made in China & had that chemical "Chinese factory smell.") I had to sleep with the windows open & fans going because of the smell.

They didn't have enough tables in the breakfast area, so many guests had to sit at sofas & eat their breakfast from coffee tables. The food was barely adequate. Some of the staff were sort of creepy. It's probably a step down from most of the airport hotels where I've stayed before. Also, I got my reservation over the Internet & at check-in they tried to make me pay a higher rate, but I showed them my confirmation & they backed down.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sherrychicago
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We stayed one night in this hotel and was impressed by the wonderful accommodations. It is about a mile or two from the airport but you would never know it because you could not hear a single plane. The desk clerk was extremely nice and helpful with regarding to finding restaurants and area attractions. The hotel is relatively new and it showed. We were given a 3 room suite including a fully equipped kitchen. The place was clean, comfortable and in a great location to downtown Albuquerque. The hotel provided a wonderful hot and cold breakfast buffet including fruit, muffins, yogurt and they even provided a doggy bag if you wanted to take some with you. This place did breakfast right! Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I just returned from Albuquerque, and spent a week at the Staybridge. It was my first stay with this chain, and it was a very good experience, aside from a few issues. First the good...Very nice rooms with all the amenities, very comfy bed, clean, quiet, close to the airport but no noise, very friendly staff, nice hot/cold breakfast, business center and free wireless, decent workout room, nice pool/hot tub, and shuttle service.

They do need to address their shuttle service, since a new Holiday Inn just opened, and they are now sharing the shuttle. I was left standing twice, after I had called to request the shuttle. After waiting about an hour, I finally got a ride. I also had a problem with my reservation. When I made my reservation, I received a confirmation number, but when I got there, they had booked me in the North location, not the airport location. The front desk staff was very accomodating, and was able to switch my reservation, and even put me in a 2BR suite since that was all that was available, and at the same price.

All in all, I would certainly stay at a Staybridge again. When out of town, it sure is nice to have a quality hotel to hang your hat.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank dgn1960
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I found this on Tripadvisor & decided to give it a try when we needed to stay at the airport for an early morning flight. The reviews are right on the mark - this place is a gem. Clean, quiet, with a generous breakfast & an amazingly generous evening snack, personable, accommodating staff, a clean pool, & free wireless. Even free DVDs to borrow. Usually if we travel with a child & stay at a suites hotel, the child has to stay on the pull out sofa. Here, there were 2 double beds in the bedroom, so our child could sleep in the other bed - perfect. My only complaint was that the AC blower was loud -so loud that it woke me when it came on during the night. That said, we reported it to the front desk & they said they would have it fixed. There is a free shuttle to the airport that was exactly on time. No question but that we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Washington
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This was my first stay at a Staybridge and will not be my last. This one appeared fairly new and had a great friendly staff. I entered wearing motorcyle clothes and wet with sweat from a long ride. The desk person welcomed me and upon checking me in, told me where everything was adding that there was a 5PM chill and grill barbecue free. My room had every amenity and was top of the line. This was a place you could walk in your bare feet! Very clean. I have travelled by motorcycle for a month throughout the USA and this place was the best. I recommend you not only stay here, but you find the best internet price because you won't believe the value as well.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank WashingtonRider58
California
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We arrived late in the evening to Albuquerque and didn't want to pick up a car so late and drive to our hotel. So after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose to stay at the Albuquerque Airport Staybridge Suites. We were not disappointed! The 2BR suite was enormous and very clean and comfortable. They have complimentary wireless internet and guest laundry, a pool, putting green, theater room to watch movies in huge recliners, and a delicious complimentary hot breakfast. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. They also provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport as well as to the rental car companies. We couldn't have been happier with our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Albuquerque! Top notch hotel at incredibly affordable prices!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family