“Wonderful 2BR 2 Bath + Kitchenette at terrific weekend rate!”

Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Maine
“Wonderful 2BR 2 Bath + Kitchenette at terrific weekend rate!”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

We stayed at the Staybridge near the airport at their special weekend rate. It was a steal - we got a suite with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen + sitting room and 2 bathrooms. It was more than enough room for our family of 5. The free breakfasts included fruit, waffles, bagels etc. and it filled everyone up. The pool is outdoors and also has a mini putting area that the kids enjoyed. It was my favorite hotel of our NM/Colorado trip. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
StaybridgeSuites32, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey for your stay with us. As General Manager, I do appreciate hearing from our customers as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations. I am glad to hear of your great stay.

I thank you for your feedback and allowing us to serve as your host while in the Albuquerque area.
As always, we look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mora, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Took my kids for a little weekend get away to Cliff's Amusement Park, an Albuquerque Isotopes ball game and to do some school shopping before school starts. We stayed at the Staybridge Suites near Albuquerque Airport because I got a very good rate on our room. Since there were five of us, we wanted a place where we could spread out without feeling crowded. I rented a one bed room suite with two queens. There was also a sofa bed in the living room area which was separated from the bedroom by some doors. The linen and towels were all very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable, even the sofa bed was comfortable. There was a television in the bedroom and one in the living room area. The room was pretty clean although the carpet looks like its getting worn with some stains and a few small cigarette burns (it was a non-smoking room) which is bound to happen over time with many different travelers passing through. There was a full size refridgerator, a microwave, a stove top and dish washer. The kitchen was stocked with dishes, pots and pans and silverware.

The breakfast buffet was nice. They served bacon, ham, eggs, cheese omlets, biscuits, sausage with gravy, assorted cereals, breads, muffins, waffles, fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, coffee and fruit juices. My kids used the swimming pool one of the mornings while we were at the hotel. They had to wait for a short while because the maintenance man had to clean the swimming pool. Since it is an outdoor pool, there were a few beetles and leaves that had fallen into the pool and hot tub; however, he cleaned them as soon as the front desk was notified. I even got into the hot tub and I must say, the temperature was very nice. I'm not sure about the pool but my kids seemed to enjoy it. There is also a small golfing area which my kids also got to enjoy.

Staff was very helpful and accomodating anytime we requested different items such as towels or laundry bags. The hotel has DVD's that you can borrow and it also has a very nice media room which has a big TV screen and several reclining seats, basically it is like a home theatre. There is a laundry room and a small store which carries snacks, microwaveable meals, drinks, etc...

One of the things that I did like is that this hotel is convenient to the Isotopes stadium. It can be a little bit tricky finding the entrance into this hotel but hotel staff was very helpful when I called them asking them for directions. They made a great recommendation for room delivery pizza. I believe the place is called Pizza 9.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey for your stay with us. As General Manager, I do appreciate hearing from our customers as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations. It was great to hear you had a great time.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

We (A family of five) were very pleased with this hotel near ABQ's airport; because ABQ does not really have a downtown or central location, we were OK with being by the airport.

Great service (quite friendly and helpful), decent breakfast, nice pool, clean rooms, etc. Loved and used the free washer and dryer, too.

A couple drawbacks - as I understand it, this is a recently-renovated hotel; it is suceptible to getting "thread-bare" pretty quickly. The door to our room were beginning to fall apart; the kitchen sink was not as clean as we'd hope, and the stove burners were on the fritz. Having said that, we have no hestiation recommending this hotel.

Opelika, AL
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My husband and older single son stayed here for 10 days. Vacation for son who lives in CA; we live in AL. Had a 2 BR, 2BTH suite w/living room, kitchen w/eating and cooking utens., refrig., stove, dishwasher, mwave. Each room had tv. Outdoor pool; exercise room; free washer/dryers. Very clean; friendly, efficient hsekeeping, front desk, all staff. Enjoyed excellent variety breakfasts; 3 days week enjoyed evening foods, enough for a meal, from baked potatoes, salads, hot dogs, pizzas, etc. Very affordable, quiet despite being near airport and AFB. Hotel has a mini-store of foods and drinks for purchase. Airport shuttle service. Hotel was a very pleasant surprise, will definitely stay here again if in ABQ. Has to be one of ABQ's best deals.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey for your recent stay with us. As General Manager, I do appreciate hearing from our customers as their comments are vital for us.

Alamogordo
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Make sure they don't have a soccer team staying the same time you are! We stayed the same weekend they had a soccer team from Hawaii there about 20 girls running down the hall at 1 in the morning omg! The people that work here are great very accommodating and were always wiling to give us instructions on where to go. The pool was gross about a inch of dirt across the bottom ht tub was in the same condition! The complementary breakfast was very good! The room was very clean but had an awkward smell every time we walked in. We got a great rate by going in to hotels.com and then calling the hotel directly and getting the hotel to match it. Very good way to get around paying straight out if you make reservations about a month ahead. The location was right next to the airport which might be better for a one or two night stay and you had to fly out really early in the morning. We could hear the planes flying above us at night though. I should have thought about that before making reservations. The bed and pillows were very nice though. I wish the couch would have pulled into a bed like i thought it did but for our two years old it was fine not so good for a 12 years old though.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Angelitta87
We understand you experienced an issue or problem during your stay and I want to assure you that they have been brought to the attention of our departments. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard for our hotel, there is no excuse for this and I sincerely apologize.

Tucker, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We took an evening flight into ABQ to begin a 6 day road-trip and stayed here because of it's proximity to the airport. While it is very close to the airport I suggest getting specific directions before leaving as the road to the hotel is not well marked from the airport. The hotel seems very new. The person at the desk was very polite and made a point to ask if we had stayed there before or if we had any questions. The room was very clean. Although we were only staying one night it was nice to see the suite had all the proper amenities (fridge, sink, dishwasher, etc.) One complaint is that they leave the ice makers off in the rooms so you have to wait on ice and there weren't any public ice machines on our floor. The bed was reasonably comfortable, not the best but not the worst. They did have newer flat screen TVs and all the channels worked (I hate it when half the channels on the TV are fuzzy). We slept well although we were woken up by barking dogs pretty early in the morning. Just be aware that apparently this hotel allows pets so there could be noise problems. They also offered a complementary breakfast although we chose to eat at a local place. All in all a great value for the money. I'd definitely stay again if I needed to stay near the airport.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Nw Chicago Suburbs
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I booked a one-bedroom suite for 6 days for myself when I traveled down from Chicago to stay with a family member who was having major dental surgery.

The suite was perfect! All the appliances were extraordinarily clean and worked well. Having a full-size refrigerator is an outstanding money saver--even when you don't need to have it stocked with pudding & soft foods. The temperature controls actually controlled the temperature of the rooms!! (Rarer than I'd like when I travel.)

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was well stocked with breads, cereals, fresh fruit, a "hot dish" that varied every day, yogurt & a waffle maker. They offer a free evening "light meal" (such as "hot dog night" or "Taco Night") on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. This is a big plus if you don't want to have to go out foraging for a restaurant.

I used the Dinner delivery service, with brought a terrific Italian meal right to my room door. And, with the microwave & refrigerator, leftovers were no problem.

The location, right near the airport, would be a disaster in Chicago, in terms of rest and traffic, but in ABQ it's not a problem. The location is right off if Rt. 25, so anywhere in ABQ is within a few minutes drive. (You need a car, but that's a given for exploring much of Albuquerque anyway...)

I didn't use the pool or the exercise room, but both looked clean and well-maintained. The pool is small, but if you had a kid along, I'm sure it would be plenty big enough for them to enjoy!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo