“great, clean place to stay”

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #46 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“great, clean place to stay”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed here for a track meet. Great location near the airport and university. The beds were comfortable and it was nice to have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Continental breakfast was okay, but it was free! Complimentary business center and gym were nice as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
El Paso, TX
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was our first time staying at any Residence Inn and we were very happy with our 2-night stay at the Residence Inn Airport, Albuquerque, NM during the Memorial Day weekend. The property is new and in outstanding shape. The room we had was spacious with a king bed and a fully functioning kitchen. It was very clean. We were on the third floor and although the rooms near us had people in them it was very quiet and we heard very little if any noise from the rooms around us. Check-in at 8:00 in the evening was pleasant as the front desk person was friendly and professional. We used the indoor pool that first night with our 3-year old grandson and had a great time. It is very clean with plenty of lounge chairs and towels. Breakfast the next two mornings was excellent and the lobby area is very comfortable with plenty of tables to eat at. The ladies on duty there were first rate and kept everything stocked and clean in the breakfast area. On Saturday evening we even bumped into the General Manager in the elevator and she was very friendly and kind enough to personally get my wife some extra shampoo bottles. Our impression was that everything --- the physical plant, people, and service at this hotel were working smoothly and efficiently. Management and staff should be commended for the great environment that guests experience. We are already talking about visiting Albuquerque again and staying at this Residence Inn in order to see some things we missed on this trip.

Room Tip: The regular suite was large enough for my wife, I, and our 3-year old grandson. There is a sofa bed...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Los Alamos, NM
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed here before and enjoyed the hotel. This time was no different, except the customer service was much better than my first experience. The hotel is on the edge between the airport, a somewhat shady area of town, and then the local university. But it is still a nice place to stay, given the state government price. Initially I was worried about the safety of the grounds, but as long as you stay within the hotel property, you should be ok. I would just suggest to make yourself familiar with the area before you attempt to travel around. The room we stayed in was a one bedroom suite with fireplace, which was clean and spacious. Our view would probably be a c+, due to the fact that one of the windows looked out upon a trade school. The pool was small but enjoyable. However, during our stay, someone took the initiative to steal the knob to the hot tub, so we were able to sit in the hot tub, but unable to turn on the jets. Front desk was truly apologetic, but the new knob never did arrive during our stay. Outside grilling area was a plus to have and the hotel supplied you with appropriate utensils. The staff here really went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, something that the staff on our last visit did not do, and actually made me doubt staying there again. So, in closing, overall, the hotel is clean and worth the price if you are wanting something near the airport. Just be careful and aware when you travel around the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Litchfield
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I travel each year back to New Mexico where I lived to visit my friends and take the pilgrimage to Santario de Chimayo Easter weekend. On my last night, I stay in a hotel in Albuquerque to fly out early the next day, so this is a review for one night's stay. Usually I bid on a hotel for cheap just to save money because the stay is so short, but this time, I had a free night stay because I am a Marriott member. I usually stay at Marriott and this one was very, very nice. I believe the hotel was built in 2009, so very clean and new. The decor of my studio suite was very pleasing, the usual kitchen, living area, and bedroom layout, but the little details stood out. The hotel provides pickup of groceries if you are staying longer, a grill on the outside patio to use if you want to grill a meal, a reclining chair with ottoman, numerous outlets for charging cell phones and using the ironing board, cabinets and drawers for good storage. All of this would be quite comfortable for someone needing a longer stay but really nice for a final night in New Mexico. The staff was excellent - picked me up at the airport to bring to the hotel as well as the usual shuttle back to airport. Marriott breakfasts are above average, with hot dishes as well as a griddle to make waffles - this one was free and usually is at Marriott. The lobby is inviting with a gas fireplace running and comfortable lounge furniture. I used the business area to print my boarding pass and wireless is free in the room. I highly recommend this hotel particularly for those needing a place to stay for several days or even one night. Airport hotels usually don't have much in the way of entertainment or sites to see close to the hotel, but downtown Albuquerque is an easy bus ride away and the staff is willing to take you into town if not during airport rush. I'm definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room #425 which provided a nice view of the Sandia Mountains, although near the airport...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank santafegal54
Midland, Georgia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here 172 nights. Front desk staff is outstanding! Breakfasts are very good. Rooms are very functional. Great shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. The room was great, stayed in the king fireplace suite. Asked for a room with a view/higher floor and got put on the first floor. This actually wasn't a problem since I'm a smoker and this meant easier access to the smoking area outside. Only real complaint was with the bathroom. The light in the bathroom had dead bugs in it and also no option of turning off the air circulator/fan which got really load and annoying. Would get so loud that when I was done with my shower I would dry off in the dark just to get rid of the annoying sound. Never got a chance to check out the pool/whirpool, each time went to check it out there were families/kids in there. The breakfast was good: pancakes, sausage patties, hash browns and eggs, along with coffee, juice, cold/hot cereal and bagels. Would definitely stay here again. A little more than I would have liked to spend but the room was worth it, felt like my own apartment!

Room Tip: stayed in room 131 (or was it 133) very last room off the back/parking lot area, good if you're...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank octoberasteria
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times and most recenly this week. It is a pretty standard Residence Inn and the bed was very comfortable. The staff there is outstanding...very helpful and competent. The rooms and public areas were clean and inviting. Complimentary breakfast was very good. I did not have the evening refreshments, so can't comment on that. The hotel is mere minutes from the airport, which is convenient for those early morning departures; however, it is a little removed from many nicer areas of Albuquerque. A car is a necessity if you stay here (unless you are only planning to take the free shuttle to the airport). If you do rent a car, be careful where you buy gas. I forgot to buy gas for my rental car the night before I departed and had to get it at 5:30 AM There were already a couple of people hanging around the gas station (7/11) a couple of blocks away trying to panhandle. Not what you want to deal with before your morning coffee. For the quick trip to Albuquerque this is a good hotel, but if you plan to be there for several days I would recommend the Marriott on Louisianna Street due to a more convenient location.

Room Tip: No really bad rooms. The hotel is far enough from the freeway or major streets to ensure a quiet ni...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business