“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #46 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Connecticut
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is a very nice RI. The two bedroom/bath suite is perfect for a family. The decor is modern and hip with the kitchen having stainless appliances and granite counters.
The breakfast is very good with a waffle station, and small buffet ( eggs, sausage, potatoes, French toast, etc), cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc.
I have stayed in all the Marriott properties at the airport and this is the one I would recommend the most.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night 7/20/2012 and I was very disappointed. I have stayed at Residence Inns all over the country and have until this facility found them to be very comfortable and clean. I am not sure if this is a franchise but if so Marriott should take their name off this hotel.
Our 2 bedroom room had an ice maker that was not working, AC that did not go below 75 degrees (in the summer on the top floor!), a couch that was so stained and dirty we had to put a sheet on it to sit on it and a table that was broken so we could not use it. I informed the front desk of these issues who said they would get someone to fix everything the next day. That was no help to us since we were flying out the next day.
With all of the hotels near the airport I will stay somewhere else as I know there has to be a hotel better than this one.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Three of us stayed in a nice two-bedroom suite for one night before early morning flights. I would highly recommend this hotel for this purpose. The hotel and the rooms were spotless. The suite was decorated in an updated style. The only issue was that one tub didn’t drain well. The morning breakfast was typical and tasty. I would consider staying here again for an airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tree
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My family and I recently vacationed in Albuquerque and stayed 4 nights at this property. I have nothing but good things to say about our experience. The location was convenient and we felt safe. The structure is new, clean, modern, and beautifully appointed. Our room was on the first level and handicap accessible, to meet the needs of one person in our party and it perfectly met her needs! It was quiet and our beds were comfortable. The AC was quiet, easy to control and kept us cool. We enjoyed having a living space, a sleeping space, a large bathroom, an a fully appointed kitchen. The indoor swimming pool and whirlpool were both clean and the swimming area was very inviting. The workout room was typical for a hotel, except all the equipment worked! How about that? Breakfast each morning was varied, hot, plentiful and delicious. The staff serving breakfast were quiet and reserved. In contrast, the front desk staff was all smiles, lively and ready to help in any way possible. I highly recommend this hotel and will go back should my travels take me to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: The first level was quiet and safe. We didn't have to wait for an elevator or take stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I stayed here for a track meet. Great location near the airport and university. The beds were comfortable and it was nice to have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Continental breakfast was okay, but it was free! Complimentary business center and gym were nice as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
El Paso, TX
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was our first time staying at any Residence Inn and we were very happy with our 2-night stay at the Residence Inn Airport, Albuquerque, NM during the Memorial Day weekend. The property is new and in outstanding shape. The room we had was spacious with a king bed and a fully functioning kitchen. It was very clean. We were on the third floor and although the rooms near us had people in them it was very quiet and we heard very little if any noise from the rooms around us. Check-in at 8:00 in the evening was pleasant as the front desk person was friendly and professional. We used the indoor pool that first night with our 3-year old grandson and had a great time. It is very clean with plenty of lounge chairs and towels. Breakfast the next two mornings was excellent and the lobby area is very comfortable with plenty of tables to eat at. The ladies on duty there were first rate and kept everything stocked and clean in the breakfast area. On Saturday evening we even bumped into the General Manager in the elevator and she was very friendly and kind enough to personally get my wife some extra shampoo bottles. Our impression was that everything --- the physical plant, people, and service at this hotel were working smoothly and efficiently. Management and staff should be commended for the great environment that guests experience. We are already talking about visiting Albuquerque again and staying at this Residence Inn in order to see some things we missed on this trip.

Room Tip: The regular suite was large enough for my wife, I, and our 3-year old grandson. There is a sofa bed...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Los Alamos, NM
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed here before and enjoyed the hotel. This time was no different, except the customer service was much better than my first experience. The hotel is on the edge between the airport, a somewhat shady area of town, and then the local university. But it is still a nice place to stay, given the state government price. Initially I was worried about the safety of the grounds, but as long as you stay within the hotel property, you should be ok. I would just suggest to make yourself familiar with the area before you attempt to travel around. The room we stayed in was a one bedroom suite with fireplace, which was clean and spacious. Our view would probably be a c+, due to the fact that one of the windows looked out upon a trade school. The pool was small but enjoyable. However, during our stay, someone took the initiative to steal the knob to the hot tub, so we were able to sit in the hot tub, but unable to turn on the jets. Front desk was truly apologetic, but the new knob never did arrive during our stay. Outside grilling area was a plus to have and the hotel supplied you with appropriate utensils. The staff here really went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, something that the staff on our last visit did not do, and actually made me doubt staying there again. So, in closing, overall, the hotel is clean and worth the price if you are wanting something near the airport. Just be careful and aware when you travel around the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family