“Pleasant stay”

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #49 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Staff were friendly and helpful, good recommendations for local restaurants. Hotel room was comfortable, cozy and very clean. Wide variety of food offered for breakfast (was there on a weekend so cannot comment on dinner). Good location, close to town and major roads. Even though it is close to the airport, noise was not a negative factor. Will return anytime I am in town.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Nice, quiet, spacious rooms, close to the airport. The staff was friendly and helpful. Even though it was only a one night stay, it was a nice hotel. Next time in Albuquerque this hotel is on my list.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I want to start off by saying that my experience at this hotel from when I was picked up at the airport till I left was so great!!! The whole staff was so cheerful and willing to go out of there way to give great service. When I walked in my room it felt very clean and looked amazing!!! I have stayed in a lot of hotel and this hotel had it all!! The breakfast was amazing. It had many selections each day and I was not disappointed 1 day. The staff was alway saying hello and how are you and for me that is a big plus. I want to applaud upper management and their staff. It may be the liitle thing you do that could go a long way. This experience was WONDERFUL!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Had a wonderful experience at the Residence Inn Albuquerque. The rooms were spacious, clean, and well maintained. It felt more like I was in an apartment than in a hotel room. Breakfast was wonderful, and all the staff were great! The general manager, Janet, made sure everything was taken care of. Everything at this property was well above the Marriott standard. Every guest is treated as a welcomed friend, not just a hotel guest. Will recommend to family and friends! Management is doing a great job!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ew322
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I'm a Marriott loyalist, but this hotel made me begin to reconsider.

Cutting to the chase, there were three of us staying there, and I booked the two room suite; one bedroom had a king bed and the other had a queen, and each bedroom had its own bathroom. In between the two bedrooms was a nice little living/dining/kitchenette area. I knew that the hotel was pet friendly, but I requested a room in which pets were not allowed. Unfortunately, all rooms allow pets (for a fee), and as soon as I entered the room, I knew that a territorial cat had left its mark. The living room portion of the suite reeked of cat urine. Fortunately, the bedrooms did not. The next morning, I had a staff member come in and spray/disinfect the room, and she observed that there were stains on the carpet. The manager offered us to switch rooms (to a smaller suite) so they could clean the carpets. This would have been a huge inconvenience, since we were preparing to go to a wedding that day. So, we suffered through the smell.

Yet the smell was not the only problem. There was obvious pet damage to the room, with a shredded bed skirt in one room and a battered lamp shade in the other. Also, another problem was the dishwasher, which was not properly secured, and every time one of the racks was rolled out to load dishes, it nearly fell forward. Another huge strike against the hotel was the excessively king soft bed. I've stayed in many Marriotts, so I knew that this was a substandard bed. I asked if they could switch the mattress, but I was given a shrug and a tub of ice cream from the market for my trouble.

Admittedly, the staff was friendly. However, I noticed on numerous occasions that the front desk agents and the housekeeping staff were lackluster. In one instance, I saw the front desk agent lounging on the couch in the lobby. In another I noticed that the housekeeping staff would leave their cleaning cart in the hall every night, right outside my room.

In the end, I gave the general manager a tour of the room, and we negotiated a fair deal that made our stay a bit more worthwhile. We ended up being stranded in Albuquerque because of Hurricane Sandy, but we decided to move to the Courtyard Marriott down the street, which was an overall improvement.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel; there are plenty in the neighborhood.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Silver_Lake23
General_Manager_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

As stated in your review, we did make an offer to move you to another room for your 4 night stay, but you refused the move, and thus the opportunity to experience the normally superior experience we aim to provide to all of our guests. The room you were in is also our only wheelchair accessible 2-bedroom suite, which means that as a pet-friendly hotel, we do need to make that an option as some individuals require that room type and have service animals, etc. Unfortunately, as anyone who has had to deal with agressive cat urine, you might think you've taken care of it, but it can re-emerge. We have had this room deep cleaned and the carpets professionally cleaned since your stay, and several other happy occupants since. I do recognize it was an unpleasant room for you, and again wish we would have been allowed the opportunity to place you in a room you would have had a much better experience in. We would always love the opportunity to show you what we really are all about should you choose to return to Albuquerque and give us another try.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

In the past few days, I have stayed at Residence Inns in Albuquerque, Oklahoma City (Bricktown), and Cool Springs, Tennessee (about 15 miles south of Nashville). Each one was nicer than the next. I usually choose Fairfield Inns because they are cheaper. But, I got good rates at these Residence Inns so I chose them. I consider all 3 of them to be in the “luxury” category. My review of all hotels will be very similar.

This is the second or third time I have stayed in this Residence Inn in Albuquerque. It’s great. The location is near the airport, but downtown Albuquerque isn’t far away (not within walking distance, though). The girl at the front desk was very pleasant and welcoming, even giving me directions of where to go to get some gas. I like nice people.

I got a 2 bedroom suite that was beautiful. VERY comfy bed with nice, clean linens. There is a bathroom in each of the bedrooms - lots of clean towels, and the bathrooms were spotless. Like all other Residence Inns, there is a full kitchen (including stove top AND oven in this particular hotel), dishwasher, microwave, full frig, ice-maker, etc. There were 3 TV's - one in each bedroom, and one in the living room.

They do something nice at Residence Inns - on certain evenings, they have full meals for the guests (complimentary). This day it was hamburgers and hotdogs. I think that is a nice perk. It’s great if you are on a budget and don’t want to spring for dinner out.

The breakfast at Residence Inns is always good. It’s always a full buffet, complete with eggs, meats, sometimes biscuits or pancakes, a waffle maker, as well as all the continental stuff like English muffins, bagels, cereals, etc. The coffee is always excellent.

Plenty of free parking and great, speedy, wi fi. There is also a big coin laundry room on the first floor; there are about 5 washers and about 8 or so dryers – that’s very nice. Nice gym too – not that I use it!

Room Tip: I've stayed here 3 times and always had a good room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank tczig
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport is just about perfect for our Albuquerque and Santa Fe requirements. We love the “new” Residence Inn design, and find it much more friendly than the sad old Residence Inn design.

Come on Marriott, build a new Residence Inn in Santa Fe, and construct a new Marriott Vacation Resort in Santa Fe. The market is ripe.

Our early morning flight required an Albuquerque Airport hotel, and Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport is a no-brainer.

We registered in an instant, took luggage to our room, returned rental car, and Marriott picked up us at the car rental area. There are several restaurants for dinner within a short walking distance, and of course Marriot provided a “service” to deliver dinner to the hotel door.

Marriott has taken it several steps higher at $81.00 per night.

Ok, the same old tired, free breakfast. How about brining in several cooks, a wait staff, and a made to order breakfast. Charge for it. Enough with the free breakfast, and we are Platinum Elite!

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple