“Excellent Hotel”

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #50 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Front desk service was amazing. Always made me feel welcome and appreciated for my stay. The whole hotel is very modern and spacious. The rooms were excellent especially for the price paid. The free breakfast has a variety of options and all are great. The only downside is the breakfast service. The servers can get a bit rude. The location is perfect. No airport noise what so ever. The suites are amazing. There is so much space in the two bedroom suite. I will definitely be returning for future stays. The parking lot can get crowded.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Great room, price and walking distance to the Pit. Airport shuttle and hot breakfast were included. The room was very clean and spacious with a full kitchen. We enjoyed the pool and exercise room on our two night stay. We will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kim E
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This appears to be a brand-new residence Inn as everything was just beautiful. Everything in the rooms appeared to be brand-new and worked very well. The kitchens fireplace everything was just beautiful. The staff was very nice and very helpful with directions to area attractions. We chose this hotel to be close to the airport and couldn't have been happier. The property is less than a mile away from the airport but the best part is you never hear the planes and you are right on the main road to the airport. Well done Marriott!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here for the Balloon Festival from Oct. 10-13. It was a great location because it was far enough away from all the traffic to be easy to deal with but close to the areas where the shuttle buses were. We went with some friends so had a 2-bedroom suite. Reservations made the job easy and they were very friendly and helpful. The room and accommodations were very, very nice and we really enjoyed our stay. They were helpful when we needed assistance in planning our balloon adventure and the Business Center made it easy to set up our plans. The only concern I had was that they made a mistake in charging our credit card (overcharging). Although they did correct it, it took several visits with them to get the job done. Very concerning when there isn't anyone who can give you a straight answer. Again, though, we really did enjoy our stay here and would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here for the Albuquerque Marathon--the rate was comparable to the other hotels in the area and so we chose this based on past experience with Residence Inn's being good. This hotel did not disappoint! It is very clean and is modern--the floors are solid and there is no noise from the other rooms. The room itself was very roomy with a great layout, the kitchen had full size new appliances. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom with the extra counter space and cabinets was really nice. The breakfast area was very clean and the staff was super friendly--going out of their way to get us ice for our cooler. Only complaint is that the king bed fitted sheet is small and pulled up off the mattress on the corners.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This Residence Inn is one of the nicest I've stayed in. It's modern, clean, efficient. It's located just minutes from the airport and close to the University with easy access to I-25 to get to other parts of Albuquerque (the traffic is another matter) and there's a free shuttle to the airport. The free breakfast is passable, comparable to what you get at similar motels like Homewood Suites. The suite room I had was very nice, very spacious and comfortable. The reception staff was very cordial although the one person I asked about restaurant recommendations had no ideas at all. The fitness room is small but adequate. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Overall, the hotel was very nice, and I would count it among the better Residence Inns in which I have stayed. The location is very close to the airport; it was about a five-minute drive from the airport. There isn't a ton of stuff in the immediate vicinity of the hotel itself, but it's a short drive to the area around the university (lots of restaurants) and downtown. I arrived relatively late in the evening and was able to find parking (albeit a ways from the door) in a well-lit lot. The staff member who checked me in was very welcoming. I was in a one bedroom suite. It had very high ceilings, a large living area (larger than other Residence Inns in which I’ve stayed), the standard kitchen, and a roomy bedroom. Everything was in working order. Furnishings were basic but very functional, and the décor was in-line with the more modern Residence Inn properties that I’ve seen. The bed had a comfortable mattress and linens that, while nothing fancy, were in good condition. Breakfast in the morning was complimentary and had a decent (though not fantastic) selection. After my morning business in Albuquerque was complete, a colleague then met me at the hotel, and we were able to conduct a business meeting in the suite of my room (which is, of course, one benefit of extended-stay properties). The hotel was willing to extend my check-out about an hour to accommodate this meeting, for which I was grateful. Departure was easy; the staff working check-out were pleasant and thankful for my business. I would be happy to return to this property on future business in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business