“A true bake shop!!”

Price range: US$1 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Description: Since 1972, ABC Cake Shop has served the best in cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and pastries to generations of Albuquerque residents. In fact, many of our customers who came in with their parents and grandparents now bring their children and grandchildren. ABC's specialty cakes and other items have become family traditions for weddings, graduations, birthdays, holidays and other memorable occasions. All our treats are prepared with special care, and it shows. Customers and critics consistently judge our sweets among the best in the city. ABC now counts the bustling New Mexico film industry as patrons, too! Ask us about the celebrities who have enjoyed ABC Cake Shop's wares on and off local film and television sets.
Reviewed 21 March 2012

One of the only true bakeries left in Albuquerque! I know they have had better days but the quality of the baked goods is still quite good. I've not had a Cake from here but I hear they are quite good, I return now and again for their cookies which are delicious!! (Try the Hermits!)

1  Thank Richardjr

Reviewed 12 March 2012

ABC Cake has been a fixture in Albuquerque and my family for at least 20 years. I remember my mother going there to buy family birthday cakes that were considered special. Service has been going downhill and costs have become exorbitant lately. So, when I went to order a birthday cake from ABC Cake on March 6th, I just walked out when they finally gave me the price they wanted to charge.

I wanted a sheet cake, preferably single layer with chocolate icing and a happy birthday greeting. Problems started when the clerks chose not to wait on me, but on patrons who entered the store after I did. When a woman finally decided to wait on me, she laid her head on the show case because she was tired. (I get the feeling that the clerks are not happy in their jobs at ABC Cake, and that is starting to show in customer service. One remarked to me "Well, at least I have a job. Some people cannot even say that.") I got the woman laying on the show case to pay attention to me. I wanted a sheet cake; she started rattling off sizes, but did not have an example to show me so I could visualize which one was what I was looking for. So, I chose what sounded good. Then I described what I wanted. (The clerk had a poor vocabulary, although she sounded like an American speaker of English. I mentioned a shamrock to which her reply was "Is that those four-leaf clover things?" I had to explain that shamrocks do not have four leaves.) She could not tell me the price of the cake, so she left and eventually came back with another clerk. She announced that it would cost $89.00. I was aghast! Sadly, neither she nor the male clerk had the salesmanship to suggest alternate choices that would have made the price more palatable to me. (The female clerk who had laid down on the display case said "Well that is a big cake you ordered" and "It is hard to decorate in chocolate.") I did not feel like teaching them to sell, so I just left the store. I ordered the same cake from the bakery in my local Smith's grocery store. It cost me $16.00, is beautiful, and is very tasty.

ABC Cake has gone downhill in this recession. I recommend buying baked goods from your local grocery store, instead.

4  Thank AlbuquerqueMary
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We came in on a Sunday for a wedding consultation. All of the other consultation tables were full so we were just treated like a number. Since it was just my fiance & I, they seemed to spend more time with the other tastings as they had 4 people with them. We were given 6 "canned" cake flavors with no choices (meaning we couldn't mix & match the filling flavors or the icing flavors). We were even told that one of the cakes was a mistake and it was not something you could get on their menu. We left feeling very disappointed and ignored. Do have to say that the Lemon cake/lemon filling was wonderful, so was the Almond/Almond but I would rather spend my hundreds elsewhere where I can get choices and not be ignored.

5  Thank Midnitesun3
Reviewed 25 October 2011

ordered eggs which were scrambled and served hot.friendly owners who gave great servive.pastries were fresh cooked and delicious.ate there 2 mornings while there.prices were reasonable

1  Thank rebelwebb
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We discovered ABC when we first moved to Albuquerque and use it for all special occasions. (I've tried other places but keep coming back here.) Delicious and beautiful cakes. If they sold their icing by the bucket—and it's a good thing they don't—I'd probably start buying that, too.

3  Thank Jane B