“Very Nice, Clean Hotel!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque West
Ranked #57 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed for three nights at this hotel in west Albuquerque. It is an extremely clean, nice hotel for the budget-minded traveler and has easy access to the freeway. The staff is very friendly, polite, and efficient. Housekeeping is excellent as well. Requests were answered immediately. Nice, well-lit parking lot. It is also nice that they serve continental breakfast (cereal, waffles, fruit, donuts, bagels/cream cheese, coffee, juice). Free wi-fi. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank broncofan303

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed there on my current road trip, and I was very pleased with the accomidations, the room and the breakfast. Also a bonus to have a truck stop directly across the street, for us truckers! I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James_C1967
Reviewed 7 July 2012

we stayed for 7 days and the staff is very nice and very helpfull ! we will stay their again ,
The rooms are nice and clean and they take pets it was a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank charliebrenda
Reviewed 19 June 2012

very friendly staff who were really concerned about my being comfortable during my two night stay. close to restaurants and fast food and have shuttle for a three mile radius. Free wi-fi that really was fast.....I certainly will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I needed a comfortable room for a three month stay for my work. This was the best value in town. A room with a good size refrigerator and micro wave at an affordable price. Easy access to the highway and a 24 hour nearby restaurant to boot. Morning breakfast downstairs and always a courteous 24 hour staff person on duty. No excuses, just the honest desire to please the tired clientele wanting hassle free accomodations at a working mans price. Also, close parking to the entrance too. The best value in Alburquerque....Jim Clark

Room Tip: ask for the five dollar a night upgrade........
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank james c
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Things started 3 weeks before my daughter and I arrived at our PREPAID-NONREFUNDABLE hoetel room. My daughter got kidney stones, and I need to cancell plans. Jeremy at the hotel was very nice and caring to my problems. He also was able to get me a refund on my room , Thanks so much Jeremy.
Ok so this same trip, i was to meet sister in Albuquerque to celebrate birth of 2nd grandchild...WRONG...All hell broke loose at my sisters sons home and I needed to book a hotel for her, So I called Microtel, explained the situation, and at that time I was dealing Corinna,Allison,and Jeremy of course. Due to the problems that accured and my sister very upset about everything going on, the staff at Microtel were very very nice and supportive to my sisters needs. She said she couldnt have asked for a better staff.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
JeremyD-FDS, Front Desk Supervisor at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

First off, let me say that we are very glad we could accommodate your sister, despite the personal emergency that kept you from traveling out, yourself. Your whole family has been a pleasure to work with, and we deeply appreciate your patience and understanding during such a frustrating ordeal.

If I may, I wish to clarify to our readers that this was a RARE EXCEPTION to the terms of a non-cancellable prepaid reservation. Such a reservation guarantees our best available rate, and can be found exclusively online. By the terms of your online purchase, only in the case of a DIRE emergency (acts of war, natural disaster, urgent medical treatment, etc.) which is either publicly or privately documented, can such an exception be granted. You were able to submit private documentation which I used to verify your claim, and that is how your cancellation came to be approved by both franchise and management staff.

Please be cautious about purchasing such a reservation in the future, if you have any uncertainty over travel plans. The fact that you know your daughter is at-risk for developing stones in the future, means you may prefer to call in a property-direct reservation over the phone, which will still entitle you to a fantastic rate!

With that said, I did notice you rated us only 3-out-of-5. You booked a room for your sister, and she claims she couldn't have asked for better staff. Was there something in all of this that we could have improved upon? I realize the situation surrounding these two reservations was nothing short of disappointing, but if there is any way we could have eased your anxiety over this series of mishaps, we are eager to know. Feel free to leave further commentary on a subsequent visit, or contact us directly with your concerns.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Extremely courteous, interested to deal with my problems and even got a phone call in the room asking me if is anything more they can do for me! Supper recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank omega2000
JeremyD-FDS, Front Desk Supervisor at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

We are very pleased to hear that our team efforts at improving customer service and overall guest satisfaction paid off for your stay! My personal role in the teamwork is a relatively-recent addition, and the crew was already very close-knit, helpful, and outgoing from the onset. However, we feel there is always room to improve, so your confirmation of our success will motivate us all to keep it up!

Recently, we redoubled our efforts to perform those "check-up calls" you described in your post. For your peace of mind, though, please know that staff is available 24/7 at the Front Desk, as well. Part of that role is to take care of you, should you need something... even at midnight or 2am!

It also means a lot that you noticed our efforts at improving sleep quality. ALL our beds now feature pillow-top mattresses (provided by either Simmons or Sealy) and are new as of 2009. So, even our "oldest" bed is likely to be replaced before it can adversely affect your slumber.

Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to your next visit.