“Very Clean and updated”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We come to New Mexico for Medical reason at the VA. Room has everything we need to cook or just have coffee. Nice new flat screen television. Iron and Ironing board in the room. Bedding was clean and new. I just so please with this place. We have stood at other Extended Stay American and they are not as clean and updated. I Thank You

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter, we stood on the bottom corner and it was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

My flight was delayed, so I arrived late at night. The desk clerk was very nice and check-in was smooth. My room was small, but that was not a problem - after all, I had paid less than $60, inc taxes. It was equipped with fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, etc, but since I had to leave early the next morning those amenities were wasted on me. My main complaint was that the AC was off and the room hot when I arrived - and although I turned it up high, it wasn't very powerful and the room didn't really cool down till almost time to get up. So although the bed was reasonably comfortable, I did very little sleeping.

Just so you know, there is no shuttle to and from the airport, unlike most of the nearby airport hotels. I had to take a cab ($12 + tip) from the airport and then back in the morning to the car rental place at the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you so very much for your positive review about your stay at our hotel. It is rewarding to hear that our nightly Front Desk staff member was able to help you in an efficient and friendly way. As well, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed seeing so many great amenities at your disposal as well as enjoyed the bed. I do apologize for the lack of AC in your room; I will have maintenance look into the issue immediately.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Very clean room for a phenomenal price. Room has an equipped kitchenette ( refrigerator, stove, coffee pot, plates, bowls, eating utensils, microwave ). Nice size room with an iron and ironing board,plus a new flat screen television. Hotel is relatively close to Airport and the University of New Mexico, yet it was extremely quiet. Very pleasant staff that ensured that all of our needs were met for the week. Great Place to stay for the price

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Inexpensive clean and comfortable studio rooms in a great location. No road noise and close to University district and I25. Some second hand smoke from top floor smoking rooms.
Staff was friendly and responsive.

• Stayed: July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Please accept my apologies for the second hand smoke. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. Overall, it sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We rented two rooms here in April of 2012. It was a nice place to stay. Rooms were average size for American hotel rooms and had a small kitchen that was furnished with cooking and eating utensils. The room also had an iron and ironing board, mini-fridge, and a coffee pot. Shower had plenty of hot water and overall it was a great stay for us. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Economy Albuquerque - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We were in town for the PowWow and working a booth, so we did not need a room with lots of amenities. The room was old looking, clean neat and the bed decent. Having the kitchenette for breakfast and in our case, very late dinner, was really nice as we were keeping odd hours. The TV's were new flat screens. The front desk staff were pleasant and accomodating, finding ice cube trays and giving us extra coffee. We had smoking rooms, as one of us smokes, and they bought a candle for the second room because it smelled bad. It is my experience that smoking rooms are always shabbier than the rest of the hotel. One of the rooms had a warped door on the refrigerator and would not make ice until we stuffed a wet rag in the opening between the door and the frame. Nothing fancy but the room was cheap and close to the Powwow and we'd stay again. Towards Gibson the neighborhood is good, but 2 blocks in the other direction we polled into a 7-11 at night that was scary. They would not give us a receipt because we had paid online.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Albuquerque - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Front desk was not very professional when I checked in. Bed was so hard I might as well have been sleeping on the floor. I had a non-smoking room but it smelled very strongly of smoke. Phone did not work and when I tried repeatedly to call the front desk from my cell phone there was no answer. I have stayed at much nicer hotel for the same price and would not use this hotel again nor will I recommed it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo