“Great place to stay”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed here on a recent move to Albuquerque. The front desk staff and the manager were all very friendly. They spent considerable time with me helping me select a room that suited me. The hotel is conveniently located. The room, while small, has what you need to be comfortable for a time: bed, kitchenette, warm shower, TV, small table and chairs. It's a good bargain for the price. The laundry facility is clean and sizeable, and the free take-away breakfast in the morning good for a quick bite. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nmplaces
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your wonderful compliments! I'm so pleased to hear that you were more than happy with your accommodations and I am also thrilled to hear that the staff was able to give you their undivided attention. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Took a chance at $26/night ($35 including taxes etc) through Hotwire. Good, basic older motel that appears to be newly renovated. My room was shiny clean, small but included one full size bed, table and two chairs and kitchen (mini fridge, micro, 2 burners, sink, cutlery, dishes). Wifi worked great, nice size flat screen tv. Carpet, entire bathroom, walls all appeared to be brand new. Outside entrance, window and doors had very secure locks. Full size bed comfortable for one person. Could hear people talking next door but may have been because they had their door open most of the time. Front desk staff excellent. For the price, it's a really good deal.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Patricia S
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I was headed to Albuquerque to visit my teenage son, who just began his freshman year in college when i discovered this little gem. I had trouble with my internet at the house and asked my son to get online and book me a cost effective room for the two weeks I was there. I gave him my credit card number and didn't think about again until I hit the duke city. I met up with my son and asked him where he had gotten me a room at. He said he booked it online with hotwire and the entire hotel was a a whooping $495.00 for the two weeks I would be there. I felt the stomach acid rush to my stomach, in my minds eye I saw myself at the Bates motel on central waiting to be ambushed by the dregs of society as i walked to or from my car. No Hotel in my world would only cost $495.00 for a week, much less for two!! He said ,"Dont worry Mom it's cool. Wilbur (my dog) will be there with you and besides I know the place it aint bad at all!" DETERMINED TO PROVE TO MY SON THAT I HAD COMPLETE FAITH IN HIS DECESION, I steeled myself for what I thought would be my last few hours on earth and began to think about a ways to make a weapon from various items in a hotel room. We drove up to the hotel which was in an excellent location, by the airport close to some name brand hotels, with a big field behind where i could walk my dog, and a civil, professional young girl checked me in. Then the moment of truth was upon me, I began to walk to my room, and waitied to be acosted by the large family walking towards me. Luckily for me i got to my room before the family with two smalll children could eat me alive. I was pleasantly surprised by the furnishings, a 32 inch lcd tv, new bedspreads, a kitchenette, clean floors, white towes, white sheets, and I liked it! Free wi fi,cable tv with showtime, lite breakfast, in room coffee, all for a mere $25 a night. And never, not one time was I ever fearful for my belongings or my safety. I wont be going anywhere else but here when i go visit my smart , son!

Room Tip: The manager isn't very helpful but the rest of the staff were great1
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lisa V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Economy Albuquerque - Airport. Our company takes great pride in offering friendly service, clean rooms and comoftable surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy. It is rewarding to know that we were able to provide this for you and make you feel safe on top of that!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I recently completed a month long stay and was impressed. The location is conveniently located by the airport and the Air Force base. My room was clean and comfortable. Although fairly basic, it met my needs. The LCD tv was a nice touch. Customer service was great. I would highly recommend this value-priced hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Economy Albuquerque - Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed here for one night as its location close to the airport suited my early departure the next morning. Beware that all car rental agencies at Albuquerque are off-airport and time needed to return car and take shuttle bus to terminal must be factored in. Jason at check-in was very professional and courteous (also offered to change my room if the need arose). Room was clean and smelt fresh. Did not use kitchenette amenities. Had a good rest but did notice cigarette butt marks in comforter. Bathroom sink has no space to place personal items so had to find space elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Economy Albuquerque - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I will never, NEVER, stay here again. I showed up at checkin time and my room was not ready. That was actually OK with me since I had things I was planning on doing in town. When I did check in I noticed my shower was littered with someone else's hair. Then I got to the bed which I did not expect to be superberly comfortable but I did expect some level of comfort, NO just a rock to sleep on. Spend the extra $5 a night and stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank eweiss
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Albuquerque - Airport. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

We come to New Mexico for Medical reason at the VA. Room has everything we need to cook or just have coffee. Nice new flat screen television. Iron and Ironing board in the room. Bedding was clean and new. I just so please with this place. We have stood at other Extended Stay American and they are not as clean and updated. I Thank You

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter, we stood on the bottom corner and it was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.