“Best hotel we have ever stayed at BY FAR!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown
Ranked #69 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Plainview
“Best hotel we have ever stayed at BY FAR!”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My husband and I came to New Mexico in July to adopt our son. Front Desk person, Abby, was AMAZING! We arrived at 8 on a Saturday morning during a very busy check-out, and she went out of her way to get a room cleaned for us to check in so we could shower and clean up before meeting our new son. Room was amazing!! We had to stay for a week for adoption paperwork and we were well cared for here! Room had a nice sitting area including a couch, small kitchenette and desk. Bed was also very comfortable! Breakfast lady was so nice and welcoming, and breakfast was very good! Eggs, sausage, bacon..... Another front desk staff remembered the name of our baby and asked about him every time we saw him. We were so grateful to have found such a great hotel with such wonderful staff! You won't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My lady and I enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Express chain and were happy to find one close to both I-40 and the popular in-town neighborhoods. As the hotel was all-suites, we were rather happy with our studio suite with an expanded living area. The bed was comfortable with the near-requisite flat-screen TV. The bathing area was arranged interestingly with an expanded sink area facing the bed and a “water closet” of sorts consisting of a toilet and shower/tub combo. The free expanded continental breakfast was consistent with the quality I’ve come to expect from HI Express.

The most convenient feature for me was the hotel shuttle whose radius covers all of the popular areas around Route 66/Central Avenue. The friendly shuttle driver, who doubled as maintenance staff, dropped me off in Nob Hill and later picked me up a few miles east at the Downtown transit depot. He seemed to be content with the $5 I tipped him each way.

Although I wouldn’t have minded being to be closer to Central Avenue, the availability of the shuttle as well as the consistency of this Holiday Inn Express property would encourage me to return here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Everything was great, as we expect a HI Express to be, except the bed was perhaps the worst hotel bed I've ever (attempted to) sleep on. When mentioned to the clerk on checkout, she said, "Yeah, we get that on a regular basis," and said they can send up an extra blanket to use as extra padding. Wow. When they finally break down and get better beds, this will be another great HIE. You should call to ask about the beds before staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen W
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2011

A friend and I were on a cross-country trip, northeast to southwest. This was the 2nd very long day of driving, and it was late when we pulled in. We were out early the next day as well, so our stay was short but no complaints in that time. The room layout was interesting....ton of essentially unusable space where the hanging closet was and very small bathroom; I assume the less-than-ideal use of space was due to a recent remodeling where this room was converted from a different type. However, it was a very clean hotel and room, we slept soundly, and service was very good.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 February 2011

My husband thought that this would be a nice, clean hotel for me to stay at, but was wrong. The hotel appeared to have been remodeled which would be fine normally. My room door was broken at the bottom and the furnishing seemed dirty and unkempt. All night long I kept hearing little rusting noises in the room. At one point I thought there was a cat in room next door. Whatever it was was....my theory is mice....it kept me awake all night long!! No sleep and I tell the manager the next morning about it and he just apologized. Unacceptable!!! Plus the heater in the room will roast you out if you keep it on, or you will freeze. Breakfast was okay. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Homewardbound12
stpender, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
We take pride in ensuring our property is one of the cleanest in Albuquerque. I can reassure any future or past guest that there is no, or never has been, such a problem as stated in the above review. We maintain a high level maintenance program that is designed and deployed by professionals that are experts in providing services to eliminate such problems from ever occurring.
Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The hotel is close the I25 and I40 intersection which is pretty central. The staff was very friendly and the hotel and rooms were nicely decorated. The room was much bigger than i anticipated, however, the bathroom was small but not a deal breaker. The bed was a little hard for my taste but still had a good night sleep. There was a free breakfast that had a lot to choose from-hot to cold items. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ALadyLasCruces_NM
Mission Viejo, CA
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed at this Holiday Inn both directions on our road trip. We got the hotel at a great price through Hotwire. The rooms were spacious with a couch/sitting area, and both stays we were able to arrange a king room next to a double to accomodate our family. The first time we stayed on the 3rd floor, which was nicer than the rooms on the 5th floor for some reason. The breakfast was great - it had a lot of variety. And the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family