Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown
  • Pool
MCM Elegante Hotel(Albuquerque)
Econo Lodge Midtown(Albuquerque)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskapplebee's restaurantsmall kitchenettecinnamon rollsthe breakfast areafree breakfastsitting areaparking lotbreakfast attendantfridge and microwaveovernight stopeach morningroom was comfortable and cleansleeper sofahot breakfastrooms are largewould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Shuttle to and from the airport, as well as destinations around the hotel. My trip was to visit a family member in the UNM Hopsital, so my main focus was hotel to hospital, hospital to hotel. While they did provide a complimentary shuttle service, most times it took way too long, or they did not communicate where they would pick you up, not very good communication between front desk and shuttle drivers or vice versa. Other than than, it was a clean hotel with a more than adequate complimentary full breakfast. Front desk was pleasant and rooms were large and clean. Main chain restaurant right next door, less than a two minute walk. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: clean rooms, fridge and microwave
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My husband and I came to New Mexico in July to adopt our son. Front Desk person, Abby, was AMAZING! We arrived at 8 on a Saturday morning during a very busy check-out, and she went out of her way to get a room cleaned for us to check in so we could shower and clean up before meeting our new son. Room was amazing!! We had to stay for a week for adoption paperwork and we were well cared for here! Room had a nice sitting area including a couch, small kitchenette and desk. Bed was also very comfortable! Breakfast lady was so nice and welcoming, and breakfast was very good! Eggs, sausage, bacon..... Another front desk staff remembered the name of our baby and asked about him every time we saw him. We were so grateful to have found such a great hotel with such wonderful staff! You won't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My lady and I enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Express chain and were happy to find one close to both I-40 and the popular in-town neighborhoods. As the hotel was all-suites, we were rather happy with our studio suite with an expanded living area. The bed was comfortable with the near-requisite flat-screen TV. The bathing area was arranged interestingly with an expanded sink area facing the bed and a “water closet” of sorts consisting of a toilet and shower/tub combo. The free expanded continental breakfast was consistent with the quality I’ve come to expect from HI Express.

The most convenient feature for me was the hotel shuttle whose radius covers all of the popular areas around Route 66/Central Avenue. The friendly shuttle driver, who doubled as maintenance staff, dropped me off in Nob Hill and later picked me up a few miles east at the Downtown transit depot. He seemed to be content with the $5 I tipped him each way.

Although I wouldn’t have minded being to be closer to Central Avenue, the availability of the shuttle as well as the consistency of this Holiday Inn Express property would encourage me to return here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Everything was great, as we expect a HI Express to be, except the bed was perhaps the worst hotel bed I've ever (attempted to) sleep on. When mentioned to the clerk on checkout, she said, "Yeah, we get that on a regular basis," and said they can send up an extra blanket to use as extra padding. Wow. When they finally break down and get better beds, this will be another great HIE. You should call to ask about the beds before staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 10 June 2011

A friend and I were on a cross-country trip, northeast to southwest. This was the 2nd very long day of driving, and it was late when we pulled in. We were out early the next day as well, so our stay was short but no complaints in that time. The room layout was interesting....ton of essentially unusable space where the hanging closet was and very small bathroom; I assume the less-than-ideal use of space was due to a recent remodeling where this room was converted from a different type. However, it was a very clean hotel and room, we slept soundly, and service was very good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends