“friendly staff and ok for 1 night.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown
Ranked #73 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel was ok. The rooms were large but the beds were really small. We stayed in a room with 2 doubles and to my standard, they were more like 2 king single beds. My husband and i are not big people but we were falling out of the bed because of how small it was. I think the fold our lounge was bigger. The staff were lovely, pool was really nice and it was in a good location. I guess if you are only here for 1 night like us, it is ok, but for longer stays for more than 2 people, I would not reccommend (unless you sleep in seperate beds). Breakfast was ok, not much to choose from, and the pancake machine was not working.

Room Tip: only stay if your on your own. beds not large enough for 2 people to fit comfortably.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 September 2011

The staff was very accomodating, friendly and helpful. Even loaned me paper towels and window cleaner to clean the car windshield.
Easy across the street access to the Museum of Pueblo Culture so you don't have to use the car to get there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a must stop if you are staying are passing thru ABQ; this is a new property for the Holiday Inn brands and boy is it great for families or business travelers. They have the BEST staff and real service with a smile attitude, I was VERY,VERY surprise with my stay and the city of ABQ! We are looking forward to going back to ABQ and sataying at the Holiday Inn Midtown, you guys have won my HEART; just KEEP SMILING!

Room Tip: They all suites which makes all the rooms GREAT!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Shirley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear Guest,

You absolutely made my day with your very kind words! I agree with you, we have a happy, smiling and lovely group of team members here who strive to ensure that each and every guest feels welcome and looked after.

Please accept my sincere thanks on behalf of myself and the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel very soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact if I may be of any further assistance.

Kindest Regards,
Shirley Snell

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here on 9/3 for only one night. The hotel is very clean and modern. The pool was heated, which was a plus. Considering it was an outside pool, and it was a cool night, the water was warm. The pool was clean with plenty of towels. The staff was friendly. The room was modern and spacious for out little family of 4. We have two young kids 8 and 5 and they liked it. It was good room for all of us, and their jumping around. The room has a small area with a sink, microwave and little fridge. There was a little desk top for my laptop. The TV swivelled for the sitting area and to the beds. That was a plus. The bathroom seat was warm (kinda strange, but kinda cool I think). There was a lot of reviews on the air conditioner being loud, which i dont really think is as bad as they made it sound. It does make noise, but it is not overwhelming where you cant hear each other or the tv. The breakfast was great. They served omelets, cheese and cheese with ham, tomato, and onion. They had pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, cin. rolls, bagels, yogurts, cereals, and a variety of juices. The breakfast was well stocked, and good. Overall, everything was great. The only thing for ME, was the BED! MY GOD it is the most uncomfortable bed ever!! I tossed and turned all night! I went to bed at about 12 and gave up on sleeping at 5. I was so restless the next day! That is the only thing that I can complain about, but I dont think I can get over the fact that I couldnt sleep, that is why I dont know if id come back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Looking to save money on the ever increasing cost of hotel accommodation, I’ve discovered Holiday Inn Express. OK. It’s not 4 or 5 star accommodation, no room service, but so far the rooms are well equipped, clean and comfortable.
At this hotel, the room was a large suite, with a small kitchen equipped with a microwave and a refrigerator. The large bed was a little firm, but OK for a one night stay.
There is a complimentary breakfast, not an extensive choice, just a couple of hot items plus breads, pastries and some fruit, but fine for a quick start.
On the whole, good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Shuttle to and from the airport, as well as destinations around the hotel. My trip was to visit a family member in the UNM Hopsital, so my main focus was hotel to hospital, hospital to hotel. While they did provide a complimentary shuttle service, most times it took way too long, or they did not communicate where they would pick you up, not very good communication between front desk and shuttle drivers or vice versa. Other than than, it was a clean hotel with a more than adequate complimentary full breakfast. Front desk was pleasant and rooms were large and clean. Main chain restaurant right next door, less than a two minute walk. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: clean rooms, fridge and microwave
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My husband and I came to New Mexico in July to adopt our son. Front Desk person, Abby, was AMAZING! We arrived at 8 on a Saturday morning during a very busy check-out, and she went out of her way to get a room cleaned for us to check in so we could shower and clean up before meeting our new son. Room was amazing!! We had to stay for a week for adoption paperwork and we were well cared for here! Room had a nice sitting area including a couch, small kitchenette and desk. Bed was also very comfortable! Breakfast lady was so nice and welcoming, and breakfast was very good! Eggs, sausage, bacon..... Another front desk staff remembered the name of our baby and asked about him every time we saw him. We were so grateful to have found such a great hotel with such wonderful staff! You won't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family