“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #71 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Had the opportunity while traveling on business to stay at this property. The hotel is ultra-clean. The all-suite Holiday Inn Express offered us a very spacious and well appointed room. The bathroom however was very very small and did not have an exhaust fan which was a bit odd.

The breakfast was very delicious and well prepared each day. In all my many many miles of travel and hotels, I have never found a more charming hostess than Tanya. We were greeted each morning by Tanya and welcomed into "her kitchen". I cannot say enough about her service and charm. While eating breakfast an elderly woman came into the breakfast room who obviously had difficulty walking. Tanya noticed this and served the woman her breakfast and coffee.

Rooms are very reasonable, good location, just a short drive off I 25. No problems here folks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The following employees go out of their way to accommodate our annual visit to this area:
Ron (Front Desk) -------- Always cordial and professional
Tanya (Dining Room) -------- Super friendly and attentive to our wants and needs
Viola (Housekeeping) ------- Always concerned about cleanliness and room appearance
Alex (Front Desk) ------- Welcoming and efficient
Laura (Front Desk) ------- Willing to satisfy guest requests
Mandy (Office) ------ Guest stays are #1 priority
We consider these people the best when it comes to taking care of their guests. We always book our Albuquerque reservations at this location and receive excellent service.

Room Tip: End rooms on the ground level work out best for our needs.
Albuquerque
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Friendly staff, nice, clean and very comfortable room, and a delicious hot breakfast too! Will absolutely stay again. I wish I had more time to check out the other amenities such as the pool, and the TV, but this was a quick stay.

Room Tip: The double beds are on the small side, I would get a single King instead if you have 2 people sleepi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few years back while house hunting and it is in an excellent, central location. While near the highway, we felt relatively safe in the parking lot. No problems.

More recently, we had planned to stay at this location for a night as our cable had gone out and there was an important game I wanted to watch, in addition to letting the kids swim. We were very rushed to get to the hotel and, as it turns out, Direct TV had messed up the particular channel we needed. So we had partly unpacked in our room and then bailed to go to a different hotel. The manager that day, Alex, was very courteous about this event and I believe called Direct TV that day to have repairs made.

The next day, at a different hotel, I realized I was missing both my class ring and my wedding ring. Evidently in the business of the day with three little kids and trying to swim and watch the game, I had actually left these items at the Holiday Inn Express. These rings are worth about $2500 and I searched multiple places, not realizing I might have left them in a room in which we didn't actually stay.

Ron, the day manager, contacted me the next day, despite the fact that we never actually stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown. He told me that Delilah, a housekeeper, had found the rings and to come on down and pick them up. Needless to say, we were relieved and did so.

I plan on booking my parents into this hotel for their next visit to town, based on our two experiences at this hotel. Oh, and the hotel is fairly new and is very clean.

Pagosa Springs
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Tanya was so nice! Her customer service was amazing! This was a pleasant surprise as it seems customer service is so very rare these day! Thanks for a great stay!

My sister-in-law and mom met me in Albuquerque to visit and shop and we had 2 children, both 14 months old and the rooms were clean and were large enough to fit the pack and plays! Plenty of room and very comfortable!

We also enjoyed the pool! It was very clean! The babies loved it but wished there was a hot tub!

Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Evidently the 6:00 AM start time for breakfast on weekdays is only the objective for some of the hot food. Eggs, bacon, and biscuits at 6:00, gravy at 6:20, etc.

Rooms are very nice, and the staff is friendly and generally cheerful.

• Stayed September 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I want to thank Tanya Viole and Holiday Inn Express in Albuquerque for being so kind and welcoming. Your facilities were clean and comfortable, your breakfast was fantastic and your city was beautiful.
Susan
Lexington, Ky.

Room Tip: Handicap Accessible Room was outstanding.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family