We chose this hotel because it was close to downtown and the softball fields. Last year we happen to stay across the street at the Candlewood Suites, and wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn but they were sold out so this year I my husband placed reservation early. I was very disappointed with the staff at check in (Mellissa and Zharia). We were traveling from Phoenix, AZ and we had a family friend staying with us who happen to get into Albuquerque 4hours before us. We informed the hotel that our friend will be checking in for us (gave them our friend name). When he showed up he spoke to Zharia, and she told him that the hotel does not have a reservation for us, than gives her the confirmation# and said no I don't have a reservation in that confirmation. She than send him to the Holiday Inn on Eubank. So he went to the Holiday Inn on Eubank and they also told him the same thing. Our friend goes bank to this hotel and asked Zharia are you sure you don't have a reservation for us. she said yes! So than our friend gives us a call, and we call the hotel and gave her our Confirmation# and she's like yes I have you for tonight for two rooms, and we asked her if it was okay for our friend to check-in, she said yes that's fine, but her not knowing that the call was on a three way, Our friend goes back inside and tries to check in again but deny him to checking in because we were not present. Our friend said he will just wait for us to get there, so he slept in his car. Once we showed up we approach Mellissa and she was friendly asked me how far along I was "I told her six months" and checked us in. I went up to my room and I reserved a non-smoking single king (two rooms), but my room was smoking. I go back down to the lobby and asked to please switch my room I cannot stay in this room. Her knowing I was six months pregnant she wouldn't switch out my room ( than her attitude changes) and she hands me back the keys. I told her I'm sorry I am not stay in this room, if I wasn't pregnant and didn't have kids than I wouldn't have cared. I told her if she cannot get me a different room than find me another hotel that has non-smoking. That's when Zharia stepped in asked what the problem.We explained everything to her again and she also told us I'm sorry I cannot change your room out. Than she goes and tells us that we booked a smoking room and one non-smoking. I told her NO I didn't, I booked two non-smoking. I also told her I should have comments and an alert on my reservation. So she tells me if I can show some type of proof I booked non-smoking rooms, she will she what she can do for us. So I pulled up my reservation for her and gave that to her to look at. That's when she changed our room. So much hassle to get checked in after an 8hour drive. Yes I was very upset with the customer service that I experience at this Hotel. As for me who use to work in Hotels, this is not a way to treat your guest. Overall the rooms are great and very large, the only thing is the bathrooms are small you have to step around the toilet to close the door. Breakfast was good. I hope my next stay will be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Midtown, Albuquerque. Our all-suites hotel is centrally located near the intersection of Interstates 40 and 25 and only a few miles from the Albuquerque International Airport. Our friendly staff invites you to experience our spacious and comfortable suites featuring the Express Bedding Package. All suites include: Keurig Brewers, microwave and refrigerator for your convenience. An Applebee's restaurant is located adjacent to the hotel as well as an array of enticing shopping and dining options. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites offers easy access to attractions such as Old Town, the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, Balloon Fiesta Park, and Sandia Peak Tramway. Business travelers will enjoy our hotel s close proximity to Intel, Lockheed Martin, University of New Mexico, Kirtland Air Force Base, Sandia Labs and General Mills. Complimentary local shuttle service, based on availability, weekdays from 7am -9pm. During your Albuquerque visit, be sure to enjoy all the amenities our hotel has to offer, including free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel, complimentary Express Start breakfast buffet, a business center, fitness center, and a heated outdoor pool. We look forward to making sure you have a great stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Midtown
- Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque
- Holiday Inn Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Holiday Inn