“District Manager completely ignored complaints”

InTown Suites Albuquerque
InTown Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #103 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“District Manager completely ignored complaints”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was at this property for 2 months, and after the first month, started noticing a change in the "quality" of guests. I complained (repeatedly) about the noise of some neighbors (who had other complaints), & the manager yelled and chastised me in front of everyone in the lobby. I heard he likes to talk down to people when others are around, apparently as some sort of ego trip. Another long term guest told me there were countless various complaints to Guest Services, with NO response. When I moved out, I left three voice-mails and one e-mail for Guest Services, also with not a single response from their WORTHLESS District Manager. The manager also tried to keep my deposit, although my room was left clean and undamaged. I got that back through the credit card company. NOTE TO ANYONE STAYING OVER 30 DAYS: This property will try to keep the refund on your city taxes, although the city mandates that it be returned to the guest. I got mine back, but only through the credit card company.

Room Tip: Go to another location.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank LTGuest

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I guess these days are not like they used to be in the past when you can just travel to different states and have a enjoyable memorable experience. It was MEMORABLE, but not for the reasons you'd think. From consistently, one disgusting extended stay hotel after another. SO, I guess I shouldn't have thought this would be any different. I've never been to New Mexico or Albuquerque, but let's just say it is the absolute last time I am ever visiting and that is solely based on this hotel. I literally was at my wits end when I entered this room, because I assume now after relocating once again from Las Vegas to Albuquerque that over on the midwest and southwest coast, you are not treated properly based on a certain creed, and I quickly learned that after residing in rooms like the one that InTown Suites housed. Originally, I am from the NorthEast, so I am not familiar with the lackluster service or unsanitary room conditions that is provided with regard to a person's background. I figure if I am spending my money, then I should deserve nothing but a clean, comfortable environment with a peaceful setting. Well, that was the other amenity that was lacking...the PEACE! From the first day of move-in, loud talking, stomping on floor, banging against my wall..whilst I'm in the shower or sleeping until wee hours of the morning. When I tried to complain, is when I found out that the office is only open from 11am-7pm....WoW a FULL 8 hour shift, I hope it's not too daunting on them! Now, lets get back to the room itself, the linen reaked of cigarette smoke, I could not sleep on them. (Thank God, I already had linen I purchased for prior extended stays) The carpet had specks and crumbs on the floor. Tears and scratches on the sticky end tables and chairs. Fridge and Freezer were dull and unclean and the microwave had stains. The kitchen and bathroom floor and woodworks were full of grime. The bathroom sink leaked, toilet seat knob missing,(scratches on vanity, ) and the linen(towels) provided looked like rags. The front door chain lock was bent, so I didn't feel that extra sense of security. Trust me, this place was totally not worth it. You know the irony is that they hold a deposit for damages to the room. So I wonder if I should of asked if they credit you a deposit if they subject you to a half damaged room. But One thing's for sure, won't be returning!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo