“repeat visit w/ some "reservations"”

Motel 6 Albuquerque North
Ranked #97 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here 6 years ago due to proximity to Fiesta; beds are really good; pillows are awful; bathrooms clean water hot and plentiful; and the worst part- couldnt even borrow hair dryer from the desk!! Desk staff friendly; would consider this again but they all up their rates for Fiesta

Room Tip: 1st or 2nd floor( has elevator) back of the building
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a booking with this motel and arrived at 9.30pm after having travelled for 20 hours from the UK. When we arrived the receptionist said, "We have tried to contact you - we tried to debit your credit card - because we are full - but it declined. So we don't have a room for you." This was clearly not true - we had no missed calls on our mobiles and our credit card would not have declined the transaction. We remonstrated with her, but she would not help. She suggested that we try Motel 6 in Santa Fe - another hour's drive north. Reluctantly we agreed and she called them to reserve a room for us. We arrived there around 10.45pm to be confronted by the rudest receptionist (Brian) I have ever encountered, who told us that he had sold our room even though it was apparently been reserved by his Albuquerque colleague. He refused to assist in any way and clearly could not give a damn about us. We ended up having to stay at the Best Western. I would not recommend this or any other Motel 6 properties if this is the way they treat their customers. Pay a little more and stay somewhere decent.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahandclive
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here for one night during the balloon fiesta because it was close to the Balloon Fiesta Park and not quite as expensive as the other hotels in the area during that event. The hotel was recently renovated and the rooms were clean but somewhat stark, almost like dorm rooms. In addition to a bed, a bathroom, and a tv, there was a piece of soap in the bathroom. It was about as basic as it gets, not surprising for a Motel 6. There was and coffee & tea in the lobby which was nice. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They printed our tickets for us and waived the $3 internet fee. We were able to walk to the Fiesta Park in 40 mins which saved us a lot of agony trying to get in and park.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear saraandclive,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the guest service issues you encountered during your recent stay. This is not consistent with our standard for service at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This review is for The Motel 6 which is at;
13141 Central Ave NE
I-40 & exit 167
Albuquerque, NM 87123

This was a typical Motel 6, a few shadey folks about but overall it was fine for motorcycling across country. Spots were well lit and slept OK.

NO AMERICAN EXPRESS ACCEPTED. Must be a franchise thing.

There is a waffle house in tha parking lot and a Starbucks right across the street so good if you like those two places like I do.

I must say, I only needed help trying to figure out what TV stations were what numbers because there was no guide but the young lady at he counter made a real effort to figure it out, and she did, so I give her 4 starts for that ****.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I wrote “Rude front desk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012
I was promised a free replacement hotel room from a hospitality manager after writing about my worst hotel experience I've possibly ever had and still more than a year later they have not contacted me even though I had given them all of my contact information. I can't believe how this hotel chain has reduced its customer service over the years. Really your going to hire horrible staff and lie to your customers that wear extremely tired from driving and stuck to where we had to drive an extra 2 hours to find an unbooked hotel for a busy weekend in the area because of an online mistake. I am appalled at how my family was treated by this company.

Room Tip: Never book through super 8 hotels pick anywhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rockymtngirlco
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Dirty halls and rooms. Halls smell of cigarette smoke and carpets are filthy. Rooms aren't any better. Towels had several different colored head and pubic hairs. Sheets were not clean either. Received a second set of linens to remake my bed and wished I hadn't. The mattress cover didn't fit the bed and the mattress had stains all over it. I advise against staying here even if you are considering it for the budget. It's risky.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Just stayed at this hotel last night. We picked it because it was cheap, and the pictures made it look pretty cool and modern. We checked in after a very long day of driving, and got room 254.

First off, when we walked into the lobby, most of the check in area had a big metal security screen covering it, with one small window open off to the side. It was behind glass, so transactions had to be done via the passthrough. The guy was nice enough, but it gave me the impression of not exactly being safe.

Got to the room and found the tiniest hotel room I've ever seen. It wasn't modern or cool, it felt like a crappy dorm room.

There was some sort of red stuff smeared all over one of the light switches, one of the bath towels was covered in hair. The bed was so far from comfortable it was funny. The shower, while nice and hot, was on at such a high pressure it actually hurt. Plus, it was also incredibly small, impossible to shave in.

After laying in bed awake for about an hour this morning listening to other guests running up and down the hall, slamming doors, and what sounded like vomiting in the hallway, we decided to get up and leave earlier than planned just to be out of this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple