“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #87 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I'm currently a guest in this hotel. Ill start with the positives. The room is clean, its also pet friendly. That's it. We paid extra for a room with a refrigerator and microwave. The refrigerator does not work, haven't tried the microwave. Just after I fell asleep on our first night the headboard FELL OFF THE WALL and onto my head. Because apparently they are just set on the wall with 2 hooks not mounted. Very unpleasant way to wake up after a long day. I asked for a extra blanket and pillow as there is only 2 very thin pillows and 1 very thin blanket and the front desk lady said she will let us know and never did. I was also charged for 3 nights when the charge should only have been for 2 nights. When my husband went to the front desk to talk see what we could do about the non working refrigerator and to tell them about my headboard incident the lady responded "well its been a bad day for you hasn't it." She then offered to move us rooms even though we were told there were not more of our type last night and we mentioned that to her and again another smart mouth response of "yeah i know i don't know why I'm even offering you one. and what I can give you is free WiFi." Which does not work by the way. Seriously I work in hospitality industry and I would never imagine saying that to a guest. I understand this in only a motel 6 I'm not expecting luxury by any means but I do expect a little respect for your paying guests. We will be speaking with the corporate office as no one in the hotel seems to care about anything there. I would like to be refunded for the extra charge and something should be done about the headboards.I will not stay here again just because of the attitude of the staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We moved across the country from Chicago to Los Angeles. We had to drive in a small car with our big dog. We stopped three times…at other Motel 6 locations…and NONE of them were as nice as this. This place was great in comparison and I'd rank it in with other hotels that I've paid much more for the room. Clean, quiet and the staff was nice. I'd actually stay here again for leisure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chgo919
Silver City, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Have to agree with other reviewers, the hotel is very difficult to navigate to with all the construction. Upon first glance, clean, nice place. However, out bathroom towels were covered in someone else's hair. Getting out of a shower, that was not what I wanted to see. We had booked a room with two queen beds and upon arrival was told it was no longer available, so we all had to cram into full beds. Also, I was double charged for my stay and after trying to resolve the issue I have yet to hear from the manager again. Not going back.

• Stayed June 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The room was very clean and nice. It was close to the lobby and you could hear voices most of the night. The television was old and did not have a clear picture.
Couldn't even read the scores for the soccer games! Having coffee ready in the morning was nice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Gallup, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. Its located off of I-25 and is somewhat hard to get to. It took me a few minutes to get there because it is located on a one-way frontage road, which makes it hard to get out and back to again.
The manager on call that evening, Tina, was very courteous, friendly and knowledgeable.
The room was very clean, had enough towels for two adults, a TV, desk. Just the basics. There are a few good restaurants around.

Room Tip: If you need extra towels, go down to the front desk and ask for some.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Shafiq C
Arvada, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Okay, we all stay at a Motel 6 once in a while, and it's usually something we don't tell others about. But the Motel 6, Albquerque North is a gem in this chain. Okay, so they still don't provide facial tissue in the rooms, and somehow they found a bunch of old cathode-ray television sets, but the room was very clean, hard floors made it easy to spot any bit of dust or debris, and the bathroom had a new, unmarred fiberglas shower enclosure. I've walked into $$$ rooms in other hotels that were not this clean. On the access road to IH-25, you may have to call for directions, since New Mexico road construction goes on endlessly. Veterans, be sure and present your ID for a discount.

Room Tip: This is a three-story operation, make sure the elevator's operating. You won't hear freeway...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MacPoole
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was snowing and roads were icy so saw this hotel off the freeway and it was getting late, so decided not to drive any further. It is on a one-way street and I got lost finding it again when going to get something to eat. For the price, it was clean and better than most Motel 6 places I have stayed. Only complaint was that it was pet friendly and they were not in just one area of the hotel! The staff were very nice.

Room Tip: If traveling solo, I always choose a room near the office. Easier to bring in suitcases and safer.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo