“Thanks La Quinta”

Ranked #47 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Kirtland, New Mexico, United States
“Thanks La Quinta”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I stay in this La Quinta once a month usually one night, sometimes two nights. It is easy to access from the freeway. Our treatment by the staff has always been top notch. They are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and big. The breakfast is very well presented and on time.

Room Tip: Ice machine on second floor. Rooms on west side are quieter because the freeway is on the east side...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
jasonnaper, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
It was great getting this review. Our team here is 100% dedicated in providing nothing but excellent service. Thank you for letting me know we did a great job for you during your visits.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Kirtland, Ohio
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have attended the Balloon Fiesta several times and this is where I stay. Wonderful staff that was always cheerful and willing to help with anything we needed - even very early in the morning. Good breakfast, nice pool, close to Sandia Casino and freeway to all local attractions. I will stay here again next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. My staff and I are here for you and thank you for your business.
Dallas
Reviewed 13 October 2013

It was a great location for the Balloon Fiesta. There were also shops, dining, and a movie theatre not far down from the hotel.

The staff was very very sweet and seemed so happy to help us!

We never tried the breakfast, but it did smell good and I saw a waffle maker.

Our room was clean and smelt like a lot of air freshener. But I'd rather smell air freshener than smelling that smokey hotel room smell. The only negative was that our A/C didn't work too well, luckily there was a fan in the room so that helped.

It was great!

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor. We were on the 2nd floor but could hear EVERYTHING from upstairs and even so...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
jasonnaper, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for your review. It was great having you during the Balloon Fest, what fun. I made sure my maintenance department repaired that AC unit. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
Lombard, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel was close to the balloon fiesta and to the Sandia casino. The clerk Lisa made our stay pleasant. If it wasn't for her the hotel would have got a 3 star rating . The hallways smelled but the room was clean and smelled good . We stayed for three days and housecleaning forgot to tidy the room . Disappointed when we got back . Room key stopped working and Lisa promptly came up and gave Us. some new cards. Excellent customer skills . I would stay here again next year .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Your positive review of our property was very helpful, thank you very much. We are here for you and hope to see you again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Excellent Place to Stay. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and quite. Had a great time. I missed breakfast due to attending the Balloon Fiesta so early in the morning. I also was told that my checkout time was at 3pm. This was perfect since I was traveling on a motorcycle. I was able to leave everything at the room, attend the Balloon Fiesta and get back to shower, pack and checkout.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

It was such a pleasure having you at our property. Thank you very much for your review.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The rug had a moldy smell. It rained that week and with showers and the moister it was smelly. Staff at front desk outstanding. All staff was nice. Had no problems with anything. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review of our property. We are always Here for You, and we thank you for your business.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 8 September 2013

If you are travelling on I-25 through ABQ, this hotel is convenient. The rooms are clean and roomy. The staff is friendly if a bit overworked. The moderate price gives you want you expect in quality. The one sour point is the lackluster breakfast. I'll stay here again as an in transit one-night stop, but if I plan a longer stay, I'll look for a better place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple