“Great king bed!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque
Ranked #53 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a package from expedia.com with car rental from dollar rent a car. I only paid $107 for the package and Hawthorn was very near UNM so I took it. I say its too bad I only had to stay overnight because all I wanted was to stay the whole day on their king size bed! Really nice sheets and pillows! And they served hot breakfast. I had sausages and scrambled eggs biscuit and gravy. One thing I noticed though was I could hear faint sounds from th e other room but it was disruptive. The room was clean and big. And they had hbo. And They have a coffeemaker too. So all in all I think its worth what I paid for.

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed here for one night & that was enough.
1) Our room keys didn't work. Had to lug all of our bags back down to the lobby to get new keys.
2) Our room was hot. The AC hadn't been turned on & it was well about 90 degrees in the room.
3) Our sink drain didn't work. Had to brush our teeth & wash our hands in the bathtub.
4) Breakfast was alright - English muffins were all slightly burnt.
5) Walls are paper thin - heard people in the rooms adjacent to ours speaking clear as day.
6) Parking is terrible.
7) LOTS of homeless people hang out around the hotel in the front of it, pan handling & such.
8) Staff was curt, almost rude.

For the price, it was 'ok', but I doubt we will ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor - elevator is terrible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LynnA302
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel. Location was ok but guestroom and breakfast were great. Staff was very cordial. Would definitely reccomend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I recently stayed here July 23 - 25, and was satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The amenities provided were good for the price. The location was convenient to tourist attractions. When I return, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Nice room well appointed. Breakfast was great with hot item such as eggs, sausages and waffles. The carpet in the room did look stained which detracted from the overall comfort. The flooring in the elevator could be updated. This was the first Hawthron I stayed at and was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Barry S
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The staff went out of their way to be helpful. They were extremely nice as well. The breakfast wasn't the usual bagels and muffins, had a full array of food. The bed was very comfortable and room had a flat screen TV. The hotel is a bit old and the walls/rugs look it. But the important things were the best!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sjwbigcats
Reviewed 22 July 2012

OK On this rewiew your rating should have a good spot. You go from average to very good. I believe some of the areas would be good not very good. On our return trip we talked to the girl at the front desk about a mexican restaurant, she suggested one and it was good.

Room Tip: Do not get a room attached to ajoining room unless needed. On our first stay the ajoining room was l...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family