“I am watching this hotel slowly get old and dingy”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque
Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
SAN DIEGO
“I am watching this hotel slowly get old and dingy”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

1. lightbulbs out in room. 2. No battery in smoke detector. the wires were just hanging. 3 key to room did not work or were very difficult to get them to work 4. Overall the hotel was run down. 5.It is need of new carpet. 6. the laundry room is old and not fresh. The machines are all banged up and leaning on a floor that for flooding reasons is slopped. I would not want to do laundry there. 7. Why do most guest fight for parking in the front of the building? Because lighting in the back is poor and no real inviting entrance in the back. It needs some improvement. I have stayed here for many years and have seen it when it made me glad to have chosen this place. Now, I feel that I could stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. It is our goal here to make sure that each guest is 100% satisfied and his needs are taken care of. I will make sure that any problems you faced will be corrected . I encourage you to please give us one more try and I will make it worth your time. we highly appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention.

Thank you so much for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We really enjoyed out stay at Hawthorn Suites for two night. The staff at front desk were very polite. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. It is review's like yours that drives us to improve our performance day by day. We hope to see you again soon and we thank you for making Sleep Inn your choice for stay.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I paid $60 through Orbitz for a pre-paid non-refundable room. I think that is about the right price for this place. I probably would've been upset had I paid more. While the hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly, the hotel is in dire need of a makeover. The wallpaper, carpet, elevator, and really everything else looks like it hasn't been updated in well over 20 years. For a person without a car, the dining options in the area are limited to a order-at-the-counter pizza joint called Dions and, unfortunately, the gas station in the parking lot doesn't sell beer because it is across the street from a church (according to the security guard). In short, if you don't have a car, once you check in, you are pretty much stuck until you get back on the shuttle.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your business.
Apollo Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Our stay at this hotel was an A+. Staff went beyond the call of duty, Room was excellent, We both enjoyed our stay and recommend it to everyone. I would stay at Hawthorn again...
thanks for a great stay.
Claire & Bob Upton
Apollo Beach, Fl

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 September 2012

when booked thru Wyndham Rewards, the price is most excellent!
The packaged coffee that comes with the coffee maker (like others anywhere else I've stayed) is not good, the buffet coffee is somewhat better, but I may be spoiled by Starbux.

Room Tip: close to the university & with GPS ok when exiting I-40. Wyndham properties are always clean and...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marge T

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The room was clean and the king bed was very comfortable. We appreciated the mini fridge. Did not use the microwave or coffee maker, but we would have except for the included hotbreakfast. It was nothing special: scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and gravy all from a steam table, plus cold cereal, juice and coffee. But it was WAY above a cold sweet roll and coffee we have had at other places. The Mexican restaurant they recommended was not at all like the good Mexican food we are used to in Phoenix, but the prices were reasonable. We would stay there again. Also the sign said pets were welcome, but we didn't see any.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. It is review's like yours that drives us to improve our performance day by day. We hope to see you again soon and we thank you for making Hawthorn Suites your choice for stay.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Clean, nicely appointed rooms, great staff (thanks Lauren for great dinner suggestion at the local Mexican Restaurant). Hotel was very accommodating even with a mix up in our reservations. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a nice plus with the microwave and fridge. Would highly recommend - AND not really airport noise even though we were 5 minutes away. Easy access to 25 as well!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends