Quality Suites Albuquerque - Gibson Blvd
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesthe living room arearoom was cleanthird floorclose to the airportnext morningan early flightcomfortable stayindoor poolhot breakfastfront desk staffgreat roomnew mexicogoldieroutercerealfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2008

Very nice stay at this Quality Suites. Easy airport and Interstate access. Good hotel for the price. The breakfast wasn't awesome but I have seen lots worse at other hotels.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 31 December 2007

I booked my stay from Kayak.

I was surprised to see such bad reviews for this hotel. I do not agree with them at all. Our stay was just fine.

The good points: The continental breakfast was very good, and the hours of it (6-10) were great for families with sleepy-head kids (some hotels cater to business travelers only, and late sleepers get the crumbs). Check-out was 11, which is also great for weary travelers. I never heard anyone in other rooms, which is a big plus over other hotels in the same price range.

The rooms are very comparable to the Embassy Suites. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows were fluffy enough for me. The pull-out sofa meant our family of five was very comfortable in three beds. There were two tvs, so the kids could watch sports while I watched a chick-flick. The shower-head had tons of water pressure and felt great after the long drive from southern California.

The downsides: the hotel lobby needs redecorating (not renovating). It really is a bad first impression to an otherwise nice place. The decor was like a Grandma decorated it, with floral sofas and tons and tons of fake floral plants everywhere. I think they should invest in some nice lobby furniture that is simple but classy, and put in tasteful southwestern accents, instead. The pool was warmer than the hot tub, which I thought was wierd, so I did not go in either. There was a sign on the hot-tub saying it had just been fixed and is warming, though. Also, there was a strong smell of perfume in the hallways. They said they had just de-oderized the carpets. I think Grandma DOES live there.

Our room did not smell like perfume like the hallways did, so I had a great night's sleep.

Other than that, everything was fine. The desk staff was great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank njcronk
Reviewed 13 December 2006

This place is in desperate need of some maintenance and upgrades. Dirty room, closet had bullet holes in it, sofa bed was hard as a rock with little or no mattress left, carpet bubbled, contenential breakfast was the worst I've ever seen, staff non responsive to our needs and we had a son who had surgery and this place was totally unacceptable for a recovery room. Indian from India management and they are nortorious for letting hotel properties get run down. I contacted the corporate headquarters about this place and they didn't offer anything to compensate us for the terrible two nights we spent at this establishment. ADVICE: STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank NMRawker
Reviewed 12 December 2006

Yikes! I don't know if it is Albuquerque or Quality Suites but we stayed at two of these hotels in ABQ and they were both filthy. This one, on Gibson Blvd. had a filthy elevator, stairway, hallways, pool area and rooms. The pool area was especially gross with hair floating in it and scum in the hot tub. The front desk clerk seemed clueless and it took him over 5 minutes to find our reservation after I handed him my email confirmation. The room was spacious with a TV room but things were old and needed updating including the refrigerator which was also dirty. If we were not catching a plane early in the morning we would have left. The breakfast person did a nice job making a ho-hum breakfast look attractive.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank kellykabuki
Reviewed 22 March 2005

We have stayed at this hotel three or four times over the last couple of years, just for a night before or after flights. The first couple of times it was excellent, with spacious rooms and a nice indoor pool. Last fall it was still OK though starting to look a bit worn. But our one night there in mid-March is likely to be our last. Maintenance on this hotel appears to have gone downhill fast. The halls were dirty, possibly because it seems to have become party central on weekends (my husband saw two rooms down the hall from us that had 10-12 people in them). We were approached by a panhandler - albeit a polite one - in the parking lot (11:30pm). The room itself was reasonably clean, but two pieces of our room furniture were damaged, the bathroom floor tiles were loose, one of the beds had a huge stain on the side (coffee?), and a washcloth had black marks on it. The hotel's hot tub was murky with a brownish tinge, and the whole pool room reeked. It had also clearly not been cleaned since it closed the night before: we got there when it opened at 9am, and there was trash, spilled coffee, and even a used diaper on one of the tables. (Ultimately it's the hotel's responsibility to keep the place clean, but that's no reason for people not to clean up after themselves!) The only halfway bright spot was breakfast, which is still decent. We filled out the hotel comment card and gave it to the girl at the front desk, but I have to wonder how far up the chain it will get. The hotel's decline is a shame, because it's convenient to the airport and highway, and was an excellent value when it was kept up better.

• Stayed: March 2005