Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Eagle Point, Oregon
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Could not have had a better experience at this lovely hotel. Front desk staff was friendly and accomodating, the hotel its self is modern and well maintained. The room was immaculate, the bed one of the best we've slept in on a 5,000 mile journey, and the breakfast was great. This is a excellent hotel with a staff that is focused on customer service. I would not hesitate to stay at this HI Express.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property! It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay at our property. Our staff is always eager to ensure that our guests feel welcomed when they stay with us and I am glad to hear that this is apparent to you, our valued guest. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Albuquerque, and thank you again for your kind words!

Molly Judd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Every time my family and I stay in Albs. we ALWAYS stay here friendly staff and very helpful my kids love the pool. Very peaceful and quite environment. I LOVE STAYING HERE!!! I recommend this hotel to my friends and family

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank MRLEE75
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our property! I am so pleased that you consider our hotel to be your second home! This is the highest of compliments and we truly appreciate it! Rest assured we will continue to strive to uphold the level of quality and and service that you have come to expect from our property. We look forward to having you join us on your next visit to Albuquerque!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Everything at this hotel was awesome! The room was really large, comfortable, and spotless! The staff was courteous and helpful. We loved the breakfast too! The cinnamon rolls were delicious. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport! We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.
We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from our property. We will also of course continue to stock those yummy cinammon rolls you love so much! Thank you again for your kind words. We can't wait to see you next time!

Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2011

My husband and I had a very pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn Express close to the Albuquerque Airport. Typical HIE – clean, comfortable, nice staff. Breakfast was typical – cereals, breads, biscuits & gravy, etc.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
ABQYI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a pleasant experience at our property. Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from us. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.
Silver City, New Mexico, US
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Visited this hotel and room (235) in Dec. 2010 in preparation for my wife's surgery at Presbyterian. Good location, good room, nice people. Arrived Feb. 27, went to bed. Next day, hot tub. Early rise following morning to hospital I noticed an irritation on my chest. Thought it was the chemicals in the tub. Next three days were a blur of hospitals, few hours sleep at the hotel, meeting with the surgeon at dawn. Rough times. Finally, when the itching kept getting worse, I asked one of my wife's nurses to look at my chest. 'Bug bites', she said. Impossible, I thought. Not at the HIE! By Friday morning at 4am I knew that I had to do something and I couldn't risk bringing my wife back to the the room I was in. I railed at the front desk people showing them my bites and they moved me to 221, another handicap room. My bites continued to get worse but I had my wife as a priority so I toughed it out, got her out of the hospital, and prepped to drive back to Silver City. We asked to speak with the franchise owner, Molly Judd, but she stood us up. The Guest Services manager was useless and implied that it was just my imagination. The cleaning help didn't find anything and why didn't I move earlier? Her version of professional courtesy.
We've been loyal HIE people for while, Priority Club members, all that. Never had a problem and would never expect to have one, especially a problem with bed bugs. This was a great disappointment and could have been a medical tragedy for my wife with bed bugs in an open wound. This has become an epidemic problem in some northern states but I never suspected it here in the Southwest, but I guess it can happen anywhere to anybody. Nothing personal, but skip this hotel until it gets a clean bill of mental and physical health. I would still support HIE as a chain but this kind of treatment of loyal customers cannot and should not be tolerated.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank starlight22
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Although your review cannot be edited after its posting I am glad that after
our telephone conversation you feel that we are genuinely concerned for our
guests as well as their safety and comfort. Your belief that we immediately
and aggressively addressed your concerns is of the utmost importance to me.
As we discussed on the phone I would like to assure you, and all of our
guests, that we have fully addressed the concern of bed bugs in our guest
rooms. As we take our guests' health and safety very seriously we decided
it would be best to have an inspection performed by two separate, licensed
pest control companies. Neither company that inspected the room found any
signs of bed bugs anywhere in the room and we are prepared to share this
information with any of our valued guests as confirmation. Despite this
clean bill of health we had the room treated nonetheless to ensure that our
guests continue to enjoy the security of knowing that they are safe in our
hotel.
I am always pleased to read positive reviews about our property but this
review and your concerns gave me the unique opportunity to be reminded that
the concern of bed bugs is very real to our guests. Please rest assured
that we will continue to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and
safety to ensure that all of our guests have nothing but the highest level
of satisfaction when leaving our property! Should you or any of our other
valued guests have any further questions or concerns please contact me as it
will be my pleasure to speak to you.

Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Pros: When we got to the hotel, we were told there was a volleyball team that had decided to extend their stay, so our requested 2-queen suite was no longer available. (We had requested that room as there were 3 of us.) Instead, the reception manager gave us 2 adjoining rooms - a king room and a 2-queen room, for no extra charge. In addition, when they charged my card, the total with taxes etc. came to $25 less than the quoted price when I booked and prepaid online at the Priority Club/ICHhotels website, so that was a nice extra bonus as well!
Overall, the hotel is very suitable. The rooms are fairly spacious, the decor is blah but looks fairly recent, nothing to get excited about but great considering what we paid.

One con: the basin sinks, which look lovely, are actually awkward to use if you're not tall (my traveling companions and I are all under 5'5" tall). I'm the tallest, and while it was fine for hand-washing, trying to wash my face in the sink was a real challenge. We got lots of laughs out of those sinks.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2011

As mentioned before - I pretty much stay exclusively at Holiday Inns. This location was wonderful - comfortable and friendly. There were a couple little minor hickups (brief interruption in internet) which the Manager was very apologetic about. But, they were quick to resolve any issue and made it a very comfortable stay. I also enjoyed all the staff. Very friendly and professional.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property!! It was a real pleasure having you stay with us! Your understanding of our hiccups was appreciated and I am so pleased that we were able to resolve them quickly and without to much inconvenience to you. I know that internet access is very important, especially when traveling on business. Rest assured we have addressed the issue and have seen no further disruption. Should your travels bring you to Albuquerque again we hope that you will continue to be our guest! Thank you again for your kind words and thank you for your loyalty!