“Good Facility but not up to HIE Standards”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #40 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I love the Holiday Inn Express Brand and stay at them often. I thought this property was below average when compared to other Holiday Inn Express locations I have stayed at in the past year. The staff wasn't friendly on check in and when we were in the lobby and at breakfast. The breakfasts ended early one day when we got there with a few minutes to spare after viewing the balloon fiesta. Overall, not the best experience but I would try it again in the future to see if it was just something with the staff and management that was on during my stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our property. I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not feel that we were up to the standards that you have come to expect from our properties. I will be bringing your comments and concerns to the attention of all staff involved as well as making sure that we all work to keep this from happening again. I am pleased to hear that if in the area again you are willing to give us another shot. I am sure you will find that we have corrected all the issues you encountered and have used your valuable feedback as a learning opportunity. I thank you for pointing out our challenges as this is always our best means of improvement. If you have any further questions or concerns I invite you to contact me directly so that we may further discuss them. Thank you again!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently for a conference (altho' this wasn't the conference "hotel") and was happy with my choice. While a basic hotel, it does offer comfortable rooms with excellent bed linens and matresses. The room was spacious for my purposes and the free WiFi was great. The included breakfast was "continental" but included eggs, bacon and pancakes, if one wished for them. I would say it was fairly basic, but the breakfast food was well stocked, whether you came down at 7 or 9 am. (Some places you have to get there early or you are out of luck!). I greatly appreciated the hotel shuttle service which made getting around easy (they even took me to Old Town one day which certainly exceeds their 3-mile limit). Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. The tiny business center was stocked with paper and pens. The only drawback for me was the shower. The shower had a "rainshower" type nozzle which reduces the water pressure considerably, and also some of the holes were minteralized and the rain shower was more like a light sprinkle through a forest. The management would do better to replace those shower heads with something more standard. While the housekeeping staff was quite good, the management should have the rugs shampooed because they are starting to show dirt and wear. That is a shame because the staff does such a good job keeping everything clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay at our property! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our complimentary breakfast and shuttle service. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our showerheads to be to your liking. I will certainly bring your concerns to our planning department. I appreciate you bringing both that and the issue of the carpet to my attention so that I may immediately begin working to correct these issues. Our best means of improvement is always the valuable feedback that our guests can provide. Thank you again so much! We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I'm looking to switch favorite chains, and am giving Holiday Inn a chance. On the good side, the rooms were clean and nicely apportioned. The bed and pillows were fine. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. I can see the appeal of the cinnamon rolls! The pool looked decent and the workout room equipment was cheap and a little worn out - I'd recommend another hotel if that's important. there's not much in the neighborhood, but it's an easy drive to KAFB and the airport. Overall, a favorable impression!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We had a great breakfast omelettes ham etc, I'm so impressed with the area near the airport the rental car return road signs were well positioned so I felt no stress the car rental center was well organized, fast and security was fast with many lines ready to go. I still feel the relaxation from the trip.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Staff was great!Rooms were Comfortable, black out drapes, working AC, nicely furnished with new appliances & electronics. Pool clean & was open till 11pm included a hot tub. Breakfast not the best, but still free, no major complaints. Shuttle service avail to airport, quick 5 min drive, runs every 1/2 hour starting at 4:30 am. Nice gym, small but updated & efficient, outside smoking area w/ bench for smokers. Ample parking outside. Approx 2 miles up Gibson for nearest gas station. Overall great place. Would def return!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We were upgraded to a suite which was roomy and clean. The staff was pleasant and quick to check us in and out. The only downside to the room was that the sound proofing was not great and we could hear the person in the room above us.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We were extremely happy with our stay at this H.I.E. The motel is very clean, well kept, with wonderful employees. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable with wifi that works smoothly. The breakfast was better than most, with the eating area large, open, and clean. On our check in Bill was very helpful. We were having some minor car troubles, and he took time to help us find a Chevrolet dealer close by. There is an Applebee's within walkin distance of the motel. You won't be dissapointed with your stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking time to post a review of our property! I am always happy to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. I have taken the liberty of passing on your kind words to Bill. I am glad to hear that he was able to help you get your car trouble taken care of. Thank you again for your kind words! We can't wait to have you as our guest again soon!