“Business travel home away from home!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #40 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Rooms are spotless and spacious. The lobby is up to date and the cookies in the evening are something to look forward to after a long day of work. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality!!!

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 16 January 2012

this is one of the nicest rooms that I have seen in a holiday inn. the roomsnhave a micrp wave, refrigerator, flat sceenn TV and a nice view of the mountains. they were nice at the front deck and let us check in an hour earliert than the rule(3:00 PM is normal check-in time). We are in room 202 and it does have a view of the mountains if you disregard the commercial buiuldings right across the street. I was able to get the room with credit card points, saving the $113.00 charge. I give this place an A+.

Room Tip: check out the exrecise and heated pool and hot tub
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John B
ABQYI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport! We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.
We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from our property. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.

Debra Hyvarinen
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed here only one night. Hotel has great perks for guests. Free shuttle from 4am until 11pm and if you arrive after hours, take a taxi and hotel will reimburse you. I arrived late and had a flight out next morning I was really impressed by how quickly shuttle came once I arrived. check in was great and I was upgraded to what I think was a suite due to being platinum pc member. Another excellent perk that I've never encountered before was I could select any post card from front desk and hotel would stamp and mail them at no charge.
Pool and jacuzzi were great as well as gym. My only issue was the bed. The room looked made up when I checked in and I went to sleep after 1am. When I pulled back the cover, the sheets were wrinkled as if they had not been changed. I found it odd but thought that perhaps these were the kinds of sheets with the thread count that makes it easily wrinkle. Upon further inspecting the left side of the bed, I noticed toward the bottom round water stains on the sheets. I went to the other side nearest the window and while there were no water stains, the sheets were still wrinkled. Too tired and too late to complain, I just slept on top because I really didn't want to ponder the idea whether these sheets were clean. That was the only disagreeable part of the stay.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank citoyennea
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your stay at our property! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the perks our hotel has to offer our guests, including our shuttle service and complimentary post cards. I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with the sheets in your room. Quality and cleanliness are of the utmost importance to every member of our staff. I have brought this issue to the attention of our housekeeping department to ensure this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention so that I was able to immediately begin working to correct the issue. Our best means of improvement is always the valuable feedback that our guests can provide. I invite you to contact me directly and inform me of the exact room you were staying in so I might further investigate the issue and any and all causes. I can be reached at 505-338-5255. Thank you again so much! We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

We often stay in Albuquerque at hotels near the airport. This is by far the best sunport hotel we have stayed at. It is relatively new and the physical accommodations are super. Being Priority Club members, I think we got an upgrade on the room.

However, check-in is the first impression one gets at a hotel. The clerk was quick to tell us that pets weren't allowed & there was a $200 fine for smoking. We don't own any pets and we don't smoke. She repeated this a couple of times. It was starting to border on demeaning. And we are a couple in our very early 60s. She also gave us a welcome water bottle apologizing that it wasn't cold (it was very warm outside).

The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express fare. It would have been nice to have some yogurt that didn't have artificial sweeteners. The check-out clerk was much friendlier.

I would definitely stay here, again. This is by far, the best airport hotel along Gibson. What I find surprising is that it rates so high on Tripadvisor compared to the rest of Albuquerque. It's fine for the airport, but it would seem there should be better options in a metropolitan area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at our property! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that you would stay with us again! I am disappointed however that you did not find the agent who checked you in to be as welcoming as she might have been. Please be assured that I have addressed this with the staff. I hope to ensure that in the future the necessary stating of our policies does not hamper our ability to make our guests feel welcome. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is our best means of improvement and we always welcome it!

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Most efficient and friendly hotel I've visited in years. I have traveled for over 40 years, staying at various hotel chains. This particular hotel location was the fastest, friendliest, and most efficient of the multitude of visited hotels. The upgrade to a suite was minimum and very, very affordable. The bed and coverings were clean and highly comfortable. The location is perfectly situated away from the highway, yet remains comfortably close. Late night eateries are close and many within walking distance. The breakfast was plentiful, fulfilling, hot, and a delicious variety. Fresh fruit, juices also available. No weird noises, no questionable smells, safe environment, well lite, just perfect for my on-the-road needs. I highly recommend this location and will always look at this hotel chain first when searching for overnight stays.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property! I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel and staff to be fast, friendly, and efficient. All of our guests are looking for for something different from their favorite hotels and I am so pleased that we provided just what you desired! As a representative of Holiday Inn Express I can tell you that any of our hotels will be thrilled to have you as a guest! We are so pleased you will be seeking out our locations. Should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque we look forward to having you as a guest in our hotel again! Thank you again for your kind words and thank you so much for being our guest!

Reviewed 12 November 2011

I'd be hard-pressed to find fault in this hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and very attractive, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was hot and yummy.

The only complaints I'd have (and they're very minor) was that the pillows appeared fairly lumpy (though they slept well) and the desk chair had some crumbs on it and was slightly (cosmetically) damaged.

The suite, which cost very little more than a normal room, was absolutely HUGE!

The area is full of hotels, but just behind the hotel was a business with a lot of junk cars and there was an RV storage place next door to that. There's an empty lot and then a self-service car wash next door.

I'd stay here again. It was very quiet, clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank boB M
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property! I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I would also like to thank you for taking time to point out the small issues you did encounter as this gives us the valuable opportunity to correct them. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon!!

Reviewed 9 November 2011

This hotel has an upgraded efficient and clean feel. Nothing to rave about, but for an airport hotel it does exactly what you want.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011