“Didn't feel like a chain hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Boston
“Didn't feel like a chain hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

First, I never review hotels. I have standard expectations for hotels, and most neither impress nor disappoint me. The Holiday Inn Express at the ABQ airport, however, is making me seek out several online venues for review. First, they sent a shuttle for me at the airport very promptly, I was met by a really pleasant woman at the front desk who got me checked in and then happily offered me a banana and yogurt from the breakfast stash when I whined that it was 1 am on my east coast clock, and I couldn't be bothered to make it across the street for a proper dinner. The room was impeccably neat with a comfortable bed, free internet access, full cable television - all standard but well-fulfilled expectations. But there were also little things like the hand towel and washcloth on the counter were neatly folded to resemble a collared shirt and tie - cute detail! Breakfast was a big surprise - bacon or sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes in addition to the usual cereal, fruit, and yogurt you come to expect for a free breakfast. HIGHLY recommended and I would return again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mnahmnah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dublin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Holiday Inn Express never lets us down and this one was no different. A good rate, quiet, clean & comfortable. The beds are always great, with nice linens and two pillow softness choices. The breakfast room was bigger and more comfortable that many we've seen. Didn't get any cookies like some others mentioned but we were given two bottles of water at check-in, which I really appreciated. Thanks Holiday Inn Express, Albuquerque - we'll be back!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and it was very quite.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Wales UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Great hotel near the airport at Albuquerque. Rooms are really great with a modern style. Standard Hiliday Inn breakfast of juices, waffles etc etc which is great. There is an Applebees just across the street that is a really busy neighbourhood bar serving normal good american food til late.
Would definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your opinion of our hotel! It is truly a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! I hope that the next time you come to Albuquerque we will see you again! Thank you again for your kind words and thank you for being our guest!

Winslow,Az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My friends and I stayed here the night before our flight out of ABQ. The hotel was very nice and the room was excellent...The hotel offers a stay and park for guest flying out of the hotel. It was a great deal and the shuttle picked us right up after we arrived. We didnt even have to wait!!! The breakfast in the morning was great all in all not one bad thing to say about this property!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport! We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.
We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. It is great to hear that the park and fly option worked well for you! Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from us. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon!

Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Rooms are spotless and spacious. The lobby is up to date and the cookies in the evening are something to look forward to after a long day of work. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality!!!

• Stayed February 2012
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

this is one of the nicest rooms that I have seen in a holiday inn. the roomsnhave a micrp wave, refrigerator, flat sceenn TV and a nice view of the mountains. they were nice at the front deck and let us check in an hour earliert than the rule(3:00 PM is normal check-in time). We are in room 202 and it does have a view of the mountains if you disregard the commercial buiuldings right across the street. I was able to get the room with credit card points, saving the $113.00 charge. I give this place an A+.

Room Tip: check out the exrecise and heated pool and hot tub
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank John B
ABQYI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from our property. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.

Debra Hyvarinen
Front Office Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed here only one night. Hotel has great perks for guests. Free shuttle from 4am until 11pm and if you arrive after hours, take a taxi and hotel will reimburse you. I arrived late and had a flight out next morning I was really impressed by how quickly shuttle came once I arrived. check in was great and I was upgraded to what I think was a suite due to being platinum pc member. Another excellent perk that I've never encountered before was I could select any post card from front desk and hotel would stamp and mail them at no charge.
Pool and jacuzzi were great as well as gym. My only issue was the bed. The room looked made up when I checked in and I went to sleep after 1am. When I pulled back the cover, the sheets were wrinkled as if they had not been changed. I found it odd but thought that perhaps these were the kinds of sheets with the thread count that makes it easily wrinkle. Upon further inspecting the left side of the bed, I noticed toward the bottom round water stains on the sheets. I went to the other side nearest the window and while there were no water stains, the sheets were still wrinkled. Too tired and too late to complain, I just slept on top because I really didn't want to ponder the idea whether these sheets were clean. That was the only disagreeable part of the stay.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank citoyennea
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your stay at our property! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the perks our hotel has to offer our guests, including our shuttle service and complimentary post cards. I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with the sheets in your room. Quality and cleanliness are of the utmost importance to every member of our staff. I have brought this issue to the attention of our housekeeping department to ensure this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention so that I was able to immediately begin working to correct the issue. Our best means of improvement is always the valuable feedback that our guests can provide. I invite you to contact me directly and inform me of the exact room you were staying in so I might further investigate the issue and any and all causes. I can be reached at 505-338-5255. Thank you again so much! We hope to have you as our guest again soon.