“Great value, staff and location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #41 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The title of this says it all. We were there conducting a week long professional certification program for 28 people and used the hotel meeting space, which was a bit tight but very comfortable.

The staff was very responsive, the rates were fair and the week was a success.

Well done!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear HoganHospitality,

Thank you for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are happy to hear that your meeting was a success! Please so not hesitate to contact us for your next event.

Have a great 2014!

angel@tnjgroup.com

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights here as part of our first-ever vacation to New Mexico. We liked the location close to the airport; despite arriving on a late evening flight and driving a rental car in a strange city for the first time, we found the property fairly quickly.

We were warmly welcomed and quickly checked in by the lady working the front desk that night, Debra. Debra was very helpful during our stay and delivered excellent customer service. Explaining that we were tired after a long flight and not wanting to drive around at night looking for a convenience store, Debra quickly gave us several bottled waters to get us through our first night.

We got a suite and did not regret spending the slight premium for more space. The whole room was quite clean which meant a lot to us as we both suffer from dust allergies. The bed was VERY comfortable and we slept well in it. The breakfast the next morning lived up to expectations and carried all the advertised hot items such as egg dishes, sausages and waffles. All the staff we encountered here and throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

I tried the pool on my second night and had a ice swim, despite the small size and consequent limit on the length of my laps. I think I stayed later than the official pool closing time of 11 PM, but the staff graciously let me finish my activity.

The Manager, Angel, seems to take great interest in the customer experience and offered Priority Club members 1,000 points just for dropping her an email and letting her know how things went. For us, things went really well and we felt that this property deserved its current high rating on TA.

Room Tip: Splurge on a suite, we enjoyed the extra space
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank septyandcindy

Dear septyandcindy,

Thank you for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that both our team and Debra was able to make your stay that much more relaxing! We look forward to seeing you again!

Yours in hospitality,

angel@tnjgroup.com

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My sister chose this hotel for our stay in Albuquerque during the International Balloon Fiesta. We met there from the East and West coasts. It proved to be a great choice. The location is just 5 minutes from the airport so I was a bit concerned about noise but our room was very quiet and we slept well. The management was prepared for balloon fiesta crowds who leave quite early to get parking before the dawn balloon launch. There were cold breakfast items out at 3:30 am. We were given a slip to request a specific time to have maid service. This worked well and our rooms were clean when we returned just after the 9:30 am morning session for a nap! The desk staff were always friendly and helpful during our 5-day stay. On the days we made it to the breakfast buffet the breakfasts were plentiful and staff did a good job of keeping the hot food trays replenished.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolb2301
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Carolb2301,

Thank you so much for your review on the Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay and we hope you had a great time at the Balloon Fiesta. If you are ever return Albuquerque, we look forward to seeing you again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My coworker and I stayed at this property because it is in close proximity to office that we will be meeting in the morning. The hotel is in a sketchy location. The room was an ice box when we entered. I quickly turned on the heater and saw the collected dust in the heater. The floor (carpet) was dirty. The mirror in the bathroom and end table were shredded. After an hour with the heater at 86 degrees the room is still cold, as if the walls are not insulated. The grout in the bathroom was cracked and tiles were loose. Breakfast is free but I do not trust the food if they cannot keep the rooms clean. DO NOT STAY HERE! There are other hotels in the area that are cleaner.

Room Tip: "Avoid all rooms but in particular 301"
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Joab M
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Joab M,

Thank you so much for your review on the hotel. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced at our hotel as we take a great pride in what we have to offer our guests. At your earliest convenience, can you give me a call for we would love a chance to make this right and get more details about your stay? Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. Our hotel phone number and my cell phone number are provided below. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

(505) 338-5255 Hotel
(505) 450-9644 Cell

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had not stayed at this HIE before, but it was the perfect spot to retreat to after returning my rental car. The shuttle driver took me directly to the hotel which was warm and comfortable on a wet, chilly day. My room was far more spacious than a standard room and so clean. I'd missed one meal so was very thankful for yogurt, tea and fruit snacks in the lobby. It is a quiet hotel and the large pool is beautiful for swimming laps and a hot tub.

Breakfast the next day was delicious. Staff are so friendly. Travelers cannot go wrong with this hotel - well above the norm and such a respite between flights! Thank you to everyone at this hotel - you were delightful.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor near breakfast, but choose the bottom floor if you want to be next to the po...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank elaine s

Dear eds44,

Thank you so much for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked the amenities that we have to offer our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip into Albuquerque.
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel needs to do some serious cleaning. The bathtub drained very slow and after three calls to the front desk someone finally came and cleaned the hair from the drain. The air conditioner filter was filthy. There was also a large spot of black mold in the bathroom. After discussing with the Manager, I was told it was just discoloration. I won't be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PAC01234
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear PAC01234,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot and have to say this is one of the best experiences I've had. Ben helped me and went above and beyond to make me happy and comfortable. I got a great price for a great room. Thank you Ben! I'll always stay here now!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Erikab38,

Thank you for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest regards,