“Don't expect much!!!”

Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown
Ranked #133 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was our 10th budget hotel/motel on our Route 66 journey, all booked via an agent. We have learnt not to judge on exterior first impressions but this time it was correct. On the far outskirts of Albuquerque at the rear of a Super 8 on an industrial estate overlooking a truck spares yard.
Ok it was budget but every other one so far had a pool at least, it was very sad looking. Piled right outside the entrance was a load of furniture and a washing machine, they were still there when we checked out the next day. I asked if they were having a refund, the girl on reception said she thought they were going to another location. It did not look good!
There was no fridge in the room and the fire alarm was just hanging from the ceiling by its wires.
Bath had cracks in and where the floor met the walls needed a good clean as did the corners and walls.
The breakfast really wasn't worth bothering with, no fruit only toast, cereal and waffle.
We certainly wouldn't recommend this place it's too far out and there is nothing joyous about it, even the staff seemed bored!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank SusanW751
abqhotels, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you encountered problems with your room during your stay. We strive to provide the highest level of service for our customers. The cleanliness and maintenance issues in your room have since been corrected. We would appreciate if any room issues are notified to us directly, so that we may correct the issue, before it becomes an issue for you. Additionally, fridges and microwaves are provided to our guests upon request. As for the furniture outside the hotel, this was recently delivered to us to update another hotel location we own. I can understand that furniture left outside our doors does not appear very good, but it was delivered over the weekend when our maintenance crew was not onsite to relocate it to its final destination. Lastly, our hotel location is not far out as you state. It is, in fact, located at the geographic center of Albuquerque at the intersection of I-25 and I-40. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

We had reserved and paid online for 3 rooms for 2nights....when we arrived Friday afternoon they had all our info ready in system and we were welcomed with no glitches what so ever.

Appreciated the staffs professionalism and friendly hospitality. It made our first experience in your city very nice and the location/price is right.....our 3day stay really was complimented by the shift changes and each person had friendly appoach to make us comfortable.

Keep up the great service and hope to return in the near future. Again thanks for you accomodating us in a welcoming fashion on our first visit to your wonderful city.

Sincerely
Robert V.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
abqhotels, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I arrived late and tired at the hotel for my overnight stay. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was sizeable and clean - at least I thought so until I found two hairs in the bedding. The sheets were also threadbare.

The continental breakfast was substandard and hardly worth putting on so I waited until I got to the airport.

The Travelodge shuttle bus driver went by my terminal three times even though I kept telling him he had it right the first time!

Room Tip: I wasn't there long enough to give advice here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
abqhotels, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

I am sorry for the troubles with your past stay at our hotel. We have spoken with our housekeeper that cleaned your room to make sure you don't encounter hairs in your bedding again. Also, the shuttle driver for that day was new. He is actually the husband of the regular driver, and may have not known his way around the airport. Rest assured that now he certainly does know all the terminals at ABQ Sunport. The breakfast we offer is the same or better than at most budget hotels. It includes 24hr coffee (both decaf and regular), hot waffles, cereal, toast, milk, orange and apple juice.

If there is any way we can earn your business back, please let us know. We will make sure your next stay with us is problem free.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This was part of business travel - got there late and woke early to catch a flight situation. In any case, drove 2 1/2 hours and got in about 11:30 p.m. really tired. Checked in but the room I was given, the key wouldn't work but someone open the door saying it's their room. Went back to the front desk, I asked for a new room and they gave it to me. They said that there shouldn't be anyone in the first room I went to but I didn't want any part of that discussion when the clerk went up.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

I am sorry for your experience at our hotel. After further reviewing your case, it seems that the person you encountered in the room had actually rented the room, but the change was not updated in our computer system. The front desk staff who took over the shift at 11:00pm was not aware of the room change for that guest, and mistakenly assigned the room to you. Again, I am sorry for your experience with your first room. I would encourage you to stay with us again, and I have personally made sure that you will receive a special discount for your next stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience here. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful on check in. The room was very clean--from the sheets, to the towels, the carpet, and the bathroom. The room smelled clean, not a hint of cigarette smell. The bed was very comfortable and I slept the sleep of the dead. Very quiet also--I didn't hear only one other guest. My car was parked right outside the office window, over a weekend, without issue. The breakfast was very basic, limited selection, but the coffee was fresh. There are few frills here, but if you're looking for a quiet place to sleep, with a clean room, a comfortable bed, brewed coffee, at a great price then this is your choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BaconFest
abqhotels, Owner at Travelodge Albuquerque Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad your stay was excellent!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We arrived late, and were greeted by the professional, friendly night auditor. The biggest issue was that the lobby, elevator, and even the luggage rack, all needed vacuuming. The room and bathroom were clean. The property and furniture are showing their age, but other than the clean factor, they are what one would expect for the price. Buffet was light on food (waffles, toast, cereal, coffee), but again, for the price, it is about right.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The actual room is fine, the showers good and room was clean. Not the best but we've stayed in much worse so was good value for money. The breakfast didnt have as much range as we're used to getting in a motel, there was coffee, waffles, toast and sugary sweet cereal but nothing healthy some fruit would have been nice.
the only thing that bothered me was the carparking which is such an important thing, i need to know my car is going to be ok. another guests found their car was riddled with bullet holes in the morning and was broken into. staff/ managment seemed to be trying to hide this fact from us and were a bit rude about it when we found out and their solution was to park our car somewhere else. some upfront honesty would have made me feel better about the situation. the only reason we choose motels like travelodge to stay in is that they have free carparking onsite, i dont want to have to park my car at another location!

Room Tip: ground floor with a view of your car!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family