“Dinner for Two. DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!!”
Review of P'tit Louis

P'tit Louis
Ranked #235 of 1,826 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Raynolds Addition
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While myslef and a co-worker were traveling on business in Albuquerque, we decided one night to just go out to Knob Hill and eat dinner. No place in mind, no plan. We had seen sveral places along Central, but they looked really busy. So in the process or turning the car around and going around the block, our Jedi skills kicked in when we saw P'tit Louis on Gold Avenue. It was instinctive for us to go check it out. The owner/chef/waiter was obviously French and so was little Louis, his son. Louis had found a friend out front and was playing in the water fountain. It was nice to see well-behaved children having a good time. There were 3 tables outside on the proch area, and what looked to be seating for about 20 inside. Our meals were different, (one fish one beef filet), and both were outstanding. We were not overwelmed by size or volume of food. It was exactly the right proportions. Usually I have to salt my food to get any flavor, but not here. The flavour of my steak was great! There were potatoes and green beans. All very tasty. We ordered a dessert and shared it.
This is a great place to eat. Quiet, good service. Great food. Not a place to be missed.

1  Thank Gerry T

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've always wanted to go to this place and we just did for our 39th wedding anniversary. Saturday lunch of moules and trois fromages. The food was delicious and the ambiance delightful, but the service was beyond compare. Alex treated us like royalty! I can't wait to go back again and again.

1  Thank dulcineacrew
Reviewed 15 November 2013

OK so the party of 8 next to our table was noisy to the point of being grossly inconsiderate. It will be better when management develops and employs a technique for courteously but effectively asking such a party to consider that other diners are being affected. We were unable to converse in a volume that reached across our table and NOT beyond.

Our meals and drinks were very good. This was a first visit and there will likely be a second visit at some point BUT if it is again unreasonably noisy there will NOT be a third visit. It is good to have choices.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I’ve eaten here a couple times now and have just loved it each time. The decor, inside and out is excellent, like eating at a tiny village bistro in France. The food was excellent both times I went, with special high marks going to the charcuterie, especially the paté maison, the escargot (I asked for extra garlic the second time and oh boy was I happy!) the moules frite (piquant – awesome) and the filet mignon was perfect as well. I tried a couple different French reds that they stock and they went from good to an absolutly fantastic Corbieres we drank till they had none left.

The waitress was as good as it gets, sweet yet professional, and the owner, who was there both nights, treats his guests as if they were his personal friends – he is everything you could want from the owner of a tiny French bistro. Yes, the place is small, but I would not have it any other way. Strongly recommend you make reservations as they had to turn away people both nights I was there.

Oui, I Iove this place. Can’t wait to go back.

1  Thank LePirateDeAvalon
Reviewed 12 October 2013

There are only a few french restaurants in Albuquerque, this is one of the two better ones and this one has the atmosphere. We sat next to the window, very nice, but as the entire space is small you never find a dark corner. Everything we ate was prepared just fine and the wine was not expensive. Wheelchair access is very tight, call in advance. Parking is limited, you may look for a while. Give them a call, (505) 314-1111 and ask for a window seat, it's a nice place for a couple to enjoy the evening.

1  Thank Baba-Kahawa