“Had everything we look for”
Review of American RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
American RV Resort
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We're pretty new to the RV'ing life and we tend to wander without much of a plan so its kind of a crapshoot when we choose a park. We've stayed at some really nice places but we've also had our share of bad parks. We would definitely recommend this park. We're a very big rig so that's a top priority. This park accommodated us easily. All concrete pads with picnic tables. The laundry was excellent. The WiFi was excellent! ( I can't tell you how many parks we've stayed in that the WiFi was useless!). We stayed a week because there is just so much to do in the area. Even though the park is located outside of town, it was no problem with the easy I40 access.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Foodiekristy

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Sorry its taken so long to get to this review, we stayed here in May 2013. We have a 33 ft motor home and stayed here because the Route 66 hotel dosent have any hook ups for RVs. The park is some what clean, although I thought the prices were a little on the high side for what you get. It seemed the staff had a little atttitude,my coach is a little old,1990, they told me i could only stay a short time because of its age. They put me in the rear of the park so the newer rigs could be showcased up in front. I noticed a couple of real old trailers that looked like they were permenent residents,When I inquired about this I was told the policy just went into effect and they were grandfathered in. Basically I was told to mind my own business.

Room Tip: Dont come during Baloon Fiesta unless you already have a reservation,BTW the prices double at that t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nmfallguy
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Arrived just after closing and was met by attendant who guided us to our site. This campground can accommodate a number of RV's. Great pads. Very roomy. Right off the Interstate and only a few miles from the City. Book months in advance for the balloon festival. Otherwise, you may risk having to rely on a late cancellation. We visited in late August when we could pick our spot. Bathrooms are all travertine tiled, clean and spacious. Nice pool and hot tub. Great reception area with dining area for continental breakfast offered. We didn't partake in this but it looked like a nice gathering area with fireplace (obviously not in use in August). Laundry room prices were reasonable. Although there are some trees, I would not consider this a shady, but that's to be expected. We couldn't use charcoal grill due to heightened fire threat. Lives up to their Good Sam seal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here recently and very much enjoyed the park. We arrived late, but the paperwork was waiting for us as promised and we entered and set-up with no issues. The park itself was very nice: clean with good hook-ups and wide, well spaced, level pads. We didn't have the opportunity to use any of the facilities, but we did see much of them and they all looked quite nice. About the only gripe I have is that the park is rather far outside of the city limits of town....a drive in for dinner was about 15 minutes. The trade-off was the view: spectacular vistas of the city at night!

All in all, we'd stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I'm not sure where the great reviews are coming from for this place. We stayed here and were pretty disappointed. The pool was dirty and very cold, the sites were crowded and there was very little landscaping. There was a tiny, broken down park for the kids that had no shade at all, and the dog area was just a plot of desert with a fence around it and a metal picnic table. They serve breakfast, but it starts at 8:00 and we wanted to take advantage of the cool morning for traveling, so we left well before that. The clubhouse was nice enough, and the store was pretty well stocked. We asked for a large pull through site because we clarified on the phone that we had a 36 foot rv and were towing, as well as driving a personal vehicle, but when we got there the site was too small, and I had to park all the way across the park, in spite of the fact that almost all the sites around us were empty. One of the front desk ladies commented that we should just take our trailer off and move it to the side, and I said that the whole point of getting a pull through was to not have to do that. To which she responded with a sneer: "Well, that's how it's done, Normally". I was irritated to say the least, but we were only stopping for the night and pulling out early, so I just walked away. I'm glad we didn't plan more than one night here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aileen M
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Many parks to pick from but this one caught my eye for having all we were looking for and easy access from highway. Parking was very easy there was someone that drove you to the site and stayed to answer any questions. Park grounds clean, shower, laundry and toilet area very clean. A lot of shade, landscape attractive. Simple continental breakfast but many choices. Staff were helpful and courteous. Felt like a home away from home. Have to try if in area. 2 camper dealer close buy for those repairs or items you need. Wal Mart close by too.

Room Tip: We chose #119 it was right by showers and laundry but away from highway and doggy park. Most sites a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly R
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We spent one night here on our way down south.All staff was fantastic and friendly. We pulled in spot 103 and right in front was the kid's playground. The place is well maintained and the propane price was very reasonable. Price was also great and continental breakfast was included ! (BONUS!) Some of the cleanest bathroom facilities in an RV park we have seen on our month long trip.
We would definitely stay here if we were to repeat our trip the same way.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family