“Would not go there”
Review of American RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
American RV Resort
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here in past and liked it. This year new staff. The whole place went downhill. Staff unfriendly, kept changing rules. Garbage overflowing. Roaches in gathering room where food is served. Stay away.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Susanabear
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at American RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions with us on TripAdvisor. We do have new staff this year but are actually doing our best to improve the entire park experience. We have changed quite a few rules to help all of our campers have a better vacation including policies that no longer allow parking of vehicles on the grass. This is due to a large landscaping project we are undertaking to bring back green grass to every single site. As for your comment regarding roaches, we have never had an issue there and regularly undergo and pass thorough health department inspections quite frequently. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences these new rules may have caused during your stay and we hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for American RV Resort

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This campground is beautifully maintained and all of the sites are paved. There are a lot of activities and a nice store with local crafts. My favorite part is the breakfast that is include with the camping fee. It is a convenient off and on location next to I-40. It is a convenient distance from downtown Albuquerque to use as a base camp for your visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for your kind words! We really do our best to make every single camper have a memorable experience at our resort and hearing from people like you makes all that effort worth it. Our free breakfast included in the camping fee is one of the best features our campers tell us they love about the park and we'll continue to offer it. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We've stayed here many times over the years and it is due to it being a great park - very clean with an excellent staff.
Asphalt interior roadways with level concrete sites. There is some roadway noise from I-40, but not bad. I'm not sure what happened, but all the grass between sites is gone and the weeds have taken over - when I mentioned it to one of the staff, she said she was hoping to get some new turf put in soon.

Clubhouse, laundry room and bath houses in perfect shape. Well stocked market and gift shop.

They also include a continental breakfast - waffles, cereal, juice, toast, coffee and juice.

Good location to visit the Albuquerque sites - Route 66 and old town within 10 minute drive - Camping World just across the highway.

They will honor Good Sam discount, but you have to ask. Would Recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a rear site to avoid highway noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

We really appreciate your candid comments here on TripAdvisor and are glad to see that you enjoyed your time here at our campground. We are working on a major landscaping project to bring back beautiful green grass to all of our RV sites over time. We have a brand new management team that is still within their first year so expect constant improvements! Hope to see you again soon at American RV Park!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful, immaculate RV Campground. This was one of the nicest campgrounds we have stayed in. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Bath rooms were very clean. Our site was near private restrooms & showers which was great. Each site was well landscaped. They offered a continental breakfast each morning. They a good selection including great boiled eggs. The gift shop had a good selection of merchandise with reasonable priced items. They had a real nice pool & enclosed hot tub. The pool was open & the water was warm yet refreshing. Hot tub was wonderful. My only complaint was the wi-fi service. I was told I could sign on up to five networks. Only two showed up as choices on my IPhone & iPad. Regardless of the time of day or night I was unable to access their wi-fi. The only reason I gave a poor rating on value was because prices were very high due to the Balloon Fiesta. They are probably in line for a nice campground at other times.

• Stayed: October 2013

We really appreciate you taking the time to write an honest review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during the annual Balloon Fiesta! We are always looking at ways to improve the park and our wireless internet is often one of the most requested amenities we offer. During our busiest weekends (of which Balloon Fiesta is #1) we often have over 300+ guests using multiple devices all trying to access the internet at once. Unfortunately this creates quite a congestion problem on the network, no matter how fast our speeds are! We'll do our best to look into solutions that help address this problem but we're so glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We're pretty new to the RV'ing life and we tend to wander without much of a plan so its kind of a crapshoot when we choose a park. We've stayed at some really nice places but we've also had our share of bad parks. We would definitely recommend this park. We're a very big rig so that's a top priority. This park accommodated us easily. All concrete pads with picnic tables. The laundry was excellent. The WiFi was excellent! ( I can't tell you how many parks we've stayed in that the WiFi was useless!). We stayed a week because there is just so much to do in the area. Even though the park is located outside of town, it was no problem with the easy I40 access.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Foodiekristy
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Sorry its taken so long to get to this review, we stayed here in May 2013. We have a 33 ft motor home and stayed here because the Route 66 hotel dosent have any hook ups for RVs. The park is some what clean, although I thought the prices were a little on the high side for what you get. It seemed the staff had a little atttitude,my coach is a little old,1990, they told me i could only stay a short time because of its age. They put me in the rear of the park so the newer rigs could be showcased up in front. I noticed a couple of real old trailers that looked like they were permenent residents,When I inquired about this I was told the policy just went into effect and they were grandfathered in. Basically I was told to mind my own business.

Room Tip: Dont come during Baloon Fiesta unless you already have a reservation,BTW the prices double at that t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nmfallguy
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Arrived just after closing and was met by attendant who guided us to our site. This campground can accommodate a number of RV's. Great pads. Very roomy. Right off the Interstate and only a few miles from the City. Book months in advance for the balloon festival. Otherwise, you may risk having to rely on a late cancellation. We visited in late August when we could pick our spot. Bathrooms are all travertine tiled, clean and spacious. Nice pool and hot tub. Great reception area with dining area for continental breakfast offered. We didn't partake in this but it looked like a nice gathering area with fireplace (obviously not in use in August). Laundry room prices were reasonable. Although there are some trees, I would not consider this a shady, but that's to be expected. We couldn't use charcoal grill due to heightened fire threat. Lives up to their Good Sam seal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple