1,889 results
All reviews quiche rooftop bar apothecary lounge boutique hotel railroad hospital artichoke cafe main building new mexico top floor beautiful hotel nob hill fresh fruit rooms are small within miles shuttle service hot tub free shuttle
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Superb boutique hotel that I remembered from its earlier days as a hospital. The rehab of this landmarked and historic register building has been remarkably done, with artwork of the originally facility (my room had a well-framed blow up of picture postcard when the Parq Central was the Santa Fe Hotel in the 1920's). The rooms are rather small, but the bathrooms are rather large with fab shower heads and showers. No bathtub so, so for me, small room and no tub mad it less than excellent. Amenities are just what you want: Bigelow soaps, gels, shampoo/conditioner and body lotion; soft, white, elegant Frette linens. Breakfast buffet is plentiful, with some great pastries and an outdoor patio. The Apothecary Lounge on the roof, while it doesnt carry through the Apothecary theme is modern, with a great cocktail and wine list and a view of Alb that's gorgeous. Service during daytime is truly truly spendid; over the top: hospitable, gracious, helpful. One of the best staff members is Molly: the dog behind the reception desk. Service after 5 PM isnt up to the day time staff, and like many of the better hotels in Alb. there are few in staff to help with bags. I would definitely stay at the Parq Central again, and though I wont mention my other fav hotel in Alb here, its a toss up which I like better; so I'll just have to split my visits between the two!

Room Tip: I asked for an upgrade upon check in and was given a room that was slightly larger than others-- I did peek into others to see. It was facing Central Ave and the front parking lot, but was sunny and fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy L
NoelleWallace, Director of Sales at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Amy L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are glad that you remember the former days of our property and have an appreciation for the renovation. We are pleased that you enjoyed the bathroom and would love to place you in the Residence on your next trip, as those rooms do have bathtubs in addition to showers. We are delighted that you enjoyed the amenities in your room and the Frette linens. The Apothecary Lounge does boast incredible views of the city and also some delicious cocktails, which we are glad you were able to enjoy. We are sorry to hear that the service after 5 pm was not on par with the service you received earlier in the day. We have addressed this with our team and hope you will note improvement on your next visit.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel had great staff and nice amenities but I have a few suggestions for improvement.
This is a pet friendly hotel, which is important to me. However, they charge an extra $75 per pet which I think is a bit excessive. To their credit however, I applaud them for joining the ever-growing ranks of pet (which should include cats as well as dogs) friendly accommodations.
I would make some minor
changes to the lighting in the room. The floor lamp switch was difficult to locate. It was located in the base of the lamp... I expected to sit in the chair to read and just reach up to turn the light on.
Also I would have liked a bathroom light that was not accompanied by a noisy exhaust fan.
Small details, but little glitches in an otherwise wonderful hotel which was staffed by some of the friendliest and most pleasant personnel I have encountered.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Xtine46

Dear Xtine46,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hotel Parq Central and offering some suggestions for improvement. We are glad that you appreciate of pet friendly policy, but we are sorry you find the fee to be steep. We appreciate your thoughts on lighting in the guest rooms and also the separation of the bathroom fan and the light; our maintenance team is taking these into consideration for future renovation. We are thrilled that you find our team to be some of the friendliest personnel you have encountered- we strongly believe that hospitality is the vital aspect of your experience with us.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We spent one night at this wonderful hotel. Our room had everything we needed. The rooms are not large, but the bed is very comfortable. Very nice bathroom and shower. Make sure to checkout the hotub and roof top bar. The sunsets are beautiful. This seems to be a very private, cozy, quiet, hotel. Allison at check in was great. The decor is stunning, modern, but still has remnants of the hospital it used to be. This will be the place we will come back to when visiting Albuquerque.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louie2012

Dear Louie2012,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are pleased that your guest room was very comfortable and quiet. The Apothecary Lounge on the rooftop offers incredible views and we are glad that you were able to take in one of the New Mexico sunsets. Allison is a valued member of our team; we are happy that she offered excellent hospitality. We are delighted that you enjoyed the decor and the renovation of our property.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Albuquerque!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel as part of our Route 66 trip across America and this as one of the best we stayed in.

The hotel reception girls are lovely and even show you up to your room. They are very helpful and don't mind giving ideas for places to go and visit. Without them, we wouldn't have visited the tram link! It has a great location and plenty of parking.

The hotel looks amazing with a beautiful interior and hallways. The breakfast is excellent - try the quiche if you can!

Sadly, the fridge was missing from our room (big gap where it should be) and the room and beds were a little small if comfortable.

All in all, we had a great stay. I'm very surprised this hotel is only rated 3.5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear dan_saviola,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hotel Parq Central. We are honored to be one of the best hotels on your Rt 66 trip! We are delighted that the young ladies at the front desk walked you to your guest room and were able to assist you in planning your Albuquerque outings. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast each morning and overall had a great stay.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again if you find yourself in Albuquerque!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Spent one night at the Parq Central on my way to Santa Fe. What a wonderful night's experience. The room was more than I expected for a converted hospital. Furniture and wall decor were appropriate and delightful. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was well laid out and the shower was large. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was very nice. My room faced the courtyard and was quiet at night. Heard some highway hum in the morning. I would recommend this hotel for a great night's sleep, pleasant stay, and uniqueness. Look forward to my next trip to stay at the Parq Central.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard facing room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Faye-SVL,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Parq Central on your way to Santa Fe. We are so glad that your guest room exceeded your expectations and that our team was very helpful and pleasant to interact with. We are happy that your guest room was quiet and that you were able to have a good night's rest before heading north.

We appreciate your kind recommendation to other travelers and we look forward to your next visit!