“Terrific staff, beautiful property, fine location, tiny room”
Review of Hotel Parq Central

Hotel Parq Central
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Winter Park, FL
“Terrific staff, beautiful property, fine location, tiny room”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

A beautiful repurposing of an old hospital, this hotel was generally a delight to stay in. From the fine welcoming team of Jeremiah and Dave to the well-planned bathroom to the clever bits of hospital-referenced decor to the tasty breakfast, this property is very very good. But our room, which I think was typical, was very small - probably the size of the original hospital rooms. No desk. No room for suitcases. I'd certainly stay here again if I didn't have much luggage or was traveling alone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
YancySturgeon, General Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear artichokeannie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at HPC. We are glad that you enjoyed the grounds and breakfast. If you would prefer a larger room in the future please feel free to talk to us down at the front desk in order to explore the options of providing you with a different room or an upgrade.

Hope to see you again soon!

Yancy Sturgeon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Lubbock
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I am sorry I was only able to spend one night at this very special hotel. If you need a clean room, with great linens as many fresh towels as you need, a great bathrobe to slip into after an incredible showering experience this may be it. Who knew this was available in Albuquerque. I would have expected it in Santa Fe but this was a very pleasant surprise. Yes Albuquerque, not only do you have some class restaurants you now have a class boutique hotel.
What can I say; they had me under their spell as they escorted me from their intimate front desk, through the lobby past the observatory to my room. I will be back.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the lounge on top of the hotel. The view and drinks are worth a visit. Also ta...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
YancySturgeon, General Manager at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Peter L.,

We are ecstatic that your recent stay with us at HPC was so enjoyable. It is always great to hear that our hard work and customer service is paying off so thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We are working on creating a vivacious neighborhood in east of downtown Albuquerque and it is wonderful to hear that our guests enjoy the area as much as we do.

We hope to see you again soon maybe grabbing a drink or a light meal at the Apothecary Lounge. Thanks again!

Memphis, TN
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This awesome hotel was converted from an old hospital. They reused and upcycled many fixtures and features from the hospital to give the hotel a very personal touch. The bed was very comfortable. The place was immaculate. The hot tub outside felt private even though you are in the middle of the city. The water was actually very hot (rare for a hotel from my experience). The only thing that could be improved was the breakfast offerings, but for the price you can just grab something at a cafe nearby. The bar/light food options on the 4th floor were great and provided a nice view of Albuquerque. Will definitely stay here again if we are back in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear TheKonz,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review of your recent stay at HPC. The historic element provides the hotel with a lot of local character so thank you so much for mentioning our renovated elements. We are happy that we were able to make you feel comfortable and at home during your stay and we hope to see you again next time you are in Albuquerque!

Tucson
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Nice hotel, but staff needs help. Doorman / bellman stood there until I unloaded the car in the rain before he offered to help at all. He looked right at me. When checking out the breakfast options, because my wife has dietary restrictions, I got a smart retort from one of the guys.. Sorry, people do not make fun of my wife. Bad form. When I mentioned this to the desk person, it was like a shrug of the shoulders and a half hearted sorry. We stayed in 4 establishments this trip. This was the worst.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ron K.,

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at HPC. If you ever choose to stay with us again in the future we hope to change our opinion of the staff. We try to constantly maintain a professional and courteous attitude towards our guests and we wish that this behavior would have been brought to the attention of the management team so that the matters could have been dealt with accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we are constantly searching for ways to improve.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at Hotel Parq Central in Albuquerque. The entire staff is fantastic, love the breakfasts and enjoyed the greeting by "Molly - Pet Concierge".
Thank you for comping us each a glass of wine on our last night. Can't wait to stay again!!!

Room Tip: We've always had a room overlooking the city!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Jennifer C.,

Our hotel dog Molly was overjoyed to greet you as well! We are so glad that you chose to stay with us again and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future. Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our complimentary items as well as our grounds and views.

Hope to see you again soon!

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I had heard the hotel was haunted so was a tiny bit freaked out but I didn't experience anything out of the ordinary. They have a fabulous continental breakfast each morning and tea/coffee set out on each floor around 6 AM. Thankfully, I didn't run into anyone while i darted out there in my pajamas to get some caffeine! The bed was really comfortable and I believe the linens were Frette (super plush!). My favorite part, though, was the rooftop patio called Apothecary. There are comfy round "bed" up there and and amazing view. It wasn't crowded at all during my visit and i spent time up there each night after work with a glass of wine and a good book. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to coworkers who may make a similar trip to ABQ.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Colleen M.,

We are so glad you chose HPC for your recent business trip to Albuquerque. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We couldn't be happier with your comments regarding your stay and we are so glad that you found the grounds and amenities up to your liking. Specifically we are pleased that you enjoyed the Frette linens and the Apothecary Lounge.

We hope to see you back again soon!

miami, fl
Reviewed 15 September 2013

History. Mysterious. Luxury. My friend Muriel recommended this boutique hotel just east of downtown and close to a breaking bad landmark. We checked in and got upgraded to a suite. Nice. Continental Breakfast included. And they had very good espresso. Staff is friendly. They have coffee stands in every floor. and ICE bags ready packed. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank carlosmvaldes
Dear carlosmvaldes,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at HPC. We take so much pride in our customer service and in the many amenities that we provide to our guests. We overjoyed that you found everything to your liking and we hope to see you back again soon!