“Nice Stay”
Review of Hotel Parq Central

Hotel Parq Central
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We met my daughter and friend here. Our two rooms were spotless. The bathrooms were very nice. Great shower and very nice fixtures and counters. Very high class. Toto toilet with soft close seats. The roof top bar was fun with a great view of the city. We used the hotel's shuttle service to dine out and to visit Old Town. Grey was nice to take us to around and give us advice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear NewDelhi69,
Both Grey and the rest of the staff here at Hotel Parq Central are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your time here in Albuquerque. All the amenities you listed were hand selected to provide our guest a level of comfort unmatched by any other hotel in our fine city. We hope your travels once again bring you back to the southwest and we eagerly look forward to you staying with us once again. All the best-Matthew Troche

Write a ReviewReviews (1,765)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hotel Parq Central is a beautiful place to stay. The rooms are big, bright, new and extremely clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, and I actually bought one of their pillows, they were perfect. They use CO Bigelow bath products, which were great. It is a really interesting and pretty hotel, it was a former hospital and they celebrate this history with displays throughout the hotel. The staff are all excellent, extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Breakfast was nice, it included quiche, hard boiled eggs, a selection of pastries and cereals, and fruit. The wifi is free and reliable. It is quite central, between Old Town and Nob Hill (though having a car us helpful). I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 214 is on the corner with two walls of windows and no neighbours.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MatthewTroche, Guest Services Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear CLM285,
It means the world to us that your stay at Hotel Parq Central was all together a “wonderful experience”. Thank you specifically for highlighting the vividness of our rooms, something we rarely get to talk about! One of our favorite things about our living accommodations is how lovely they look with the natural light streaming into them. It certainly does add a sense of cheerfulness to any guests stay!
I know you said having a car was quite helpful to you all during your stay, but just in case please keep in mind we do offer complimentary shuttle service as well should you ever need a break from driving. Both Old Town and Nob Hill are well within our area of service. We hope to see you all again soon. All the best. –Matthew Troche

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed in the main building. Our room was super convenient to get to. They had a wedding the Saturday night we were there. It looked like such a beautiful setting and being a guest staying there we were never inconvenienced by it. The roof top bar was kinda cool. The drinks were not up to par but the ambiance was. What a great space. I'd definitely recommend Hotel Parq Central to anyone staying in Albuquerque and if I ever go back I know where to stay. Can't say enough nice things about it. Beyond our expectations for sure!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Amy G,
Exceeding expectations is simply what we do here at Hotel Parq Central! Thank you tremendously for taking the time to write such a kind review of our property! If you enjoyed our main building on your last trip, I might recommend that on your next visit you give the equally impressive doctor’s residence hall a try. It houses some of the most unique rooms of the entire property.
In regards to our lounge, please know we are constantly evolving to make sure the experience on our rooftop is equally as amazing as that of our hotel. We hope we get a second chance to absolutely wow you as soon as possible! If you are ever to return, please contact me directly and we will make sure your experience is nothing short of spectacular. All the best.-Matthew Troche

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is the second time staying here, such a great gem for the Alb area. The location is close to downtown, old town and the sunport. The rooms are amazing, request the power plant rooms!! Fitness center not too great. Breakfast area and food are great. The staff here at HPC are some of the most hospitable I have seen. Rooftop bar was average, craft cocktails were made by bartenders that knew very little about the ingredients involved in the drink.

Room Tip: Request Dr or power plant rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joey M
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Joey M,
Thank you so very much for returning to stay with us at the Hotel Parq Central. It’s always a pleasure to host guests on their second time around. It’s a great joy for us to know you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and please know that the areas we can improve on, we most certainly will. I further hope you can stop by the Apothecary lounge once again, especially now that the weather allows for patio seating, so we might have the opportunity to show you what it is that makes it such a unique destination. If this is ever the case, please feel free to contact me directly and I will do everything in my power to make sure your experience is nothing short of spectacular. All the best.-Matthew Troche

Reviewed 31 March 2014

A last-minute trip to Albuquerque for a family funeral. We had difficulty finding rooms due to conventions in the area, which caused me to look beyond our familiar places. I chose Hotel Parq Central based on TripAdvisor and the hotel's own website. We're glad we did! A beautiful place with excellent, attentive staff made our stay memorable and pleasant. A very rare trip for my sisters and I, all in our 50's, traveling with our dad and his wife, in their 80's. Inviting common areas great for visiting. Great rooms with adequate personal space, and visiting too. The lounge gave us a place to de-stress and enjoy each other's company. We may never make such a trip as a group again and we all agreed the Parq Central was the perfect setting to allow a somber travel reason to become a cherished memory.

Room Tip: Cottages are beautiful and spacious. The main building was better for our group. I would chose t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
MatthewTroche, Guest Services Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Jane W,
We are very sad to hear about your loss and are all together pleased that we were able to make this difficult passing a more bearable experience. Thank you tremendously for taking the time to write such a kind review of our “de-stressing” property. Our guests visit us for a variety of reasons and it means the world to us that we are able to help in both times of celebration and sadness. We hope you, and your family, have the opportunity to visit us again as soon as possible. All the best.-Matthew Troche

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed, for the first time, in this hotel earlier this month for 3 nights on a business trip. It also happened to be my first trip to Albuquerque. I cannot say enough about my experience in the hotel. The staff is absolutely amazing! When I checked in, the woman who greeted me and escorted me to my room was so genuine. She shared with me the history of the hotel, that it was built in 1926 and that it had been a former hospital. As we made our way to my room, I noted that there is an embracing of the hospital history. The rooftop lounge does the same in both the name "The Apothecary" and the atmosphere from the coaster they bring to set a cocktail to the medical bottle labels on the wall. They are the vintage labels. Really cool. There are beautiful displays in the hallway with historical medical items. It thought it was a cool way to be unique. Once in my room it is apparent that the housekeeping staff takes great care in taking care of the rooms. I stay in hotels a lot. This is one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. The beds and pillows were so comfortable! Very soft, premium towels. One of the most awesome things is the shower/bathroom. The shower... amazing! The Continental breakfast is among the best I've experienced as well. Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of the carb rich Continental breakfast because I find there's not really enough protein to start my day. Definitely not the case at this hotel. The daily quiche was delicious! I also enjoyed having protein choices like cottage cheese and hard boiled eggs. You can also absolutely find wonderful pastries, toast, yogurt, fruit, etc. as well. Better than expected breakfast for sure. The hotel is really a great place to stay. The staff makes it amazing. Every person I interacted with was so friendly. I had the pleasure of meeting the GM and the hotel pup. Noelle in sales is also fabulous. Matt from the front desk was warm and welcoming. Just a great experience. All the staff had fun recommendations for me since it was my first trip to the area. It was also really nice to ride in their "shuttle" which is really an SUV. Makes you feel far more special than your standard hotel shuttle. Should I ever need to be in ABQ in the future, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The rooms were clean, comfortable, and well appointed. Amazing to think the building was once a hospital. Bathrooms were modern and spotless.
The service was so friendly and helpful. We appreciated directions, suggestions for local activities, the laundry facilities, free parking, soft pillows. Breakfast was good. Wi-Fi was excellent, and much appreciated. Even our check-out at 4:00 am was easy and smooth.

Room Tip: Our rooms in the back were quiet and had nice views over the patio and park.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear NJFamilyAdventrues,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our lovely hotel. It’s always our goal for every aspect of a guest’s stay to remain absolutely seamless in terms of enjoyment. Next time you have the unfortunate task of leaving our hotel at an early hour please let us know and we will have a made to order breakfast to go bag ready for you upon departure. We hope to see you soon. All the best. -Matthew Troche