“A delightful downtown surprise.”
Review of Hotel Parq Central

Hotel Parq Central
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I spent several nights at the Parq Central on a recent trip to Albuquerque. The hotel is a renovated Railroad Hospital from the 1920s. It sounds weird, but the Hospital theme is subtle and appears throughout the hotel. It is so tastefully done that one hardly notices the connection, e.g. a hallway display with flowers in test tubes, and a coffee table in the bar which has gurney wheels. The rooms are small, but comfortable and well appointed.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room away from the stairway to the bar. There is some late night noise...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UW70SCUBA
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear UW70SCUBA,
It was always been our hope here to Hotel Parq Central that as we move forward we are always able to continue to hold a deep respect for the historic nature of our building. We take a tremendous amount of pride in working in a place which has played such a prominent role in the history of our wonderful city. Thank you so much for taking notice of this and giving us the chance to host you during your visit to our lovely city. Please let us know if you might ever return as it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us once again. All the best. –Matthew Troche

There are newer reviews for Hotel Parq Central

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our family had a wonderful stay at Hotel Parq Central. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are very clean and nice, breakfast was delicious, and the staff could not be better!

We were picked up at the airport by the hotel shuttle -- a Suburban -- and the man driving gave us a nice description of Albuquerque. His name was Matthew and I found out late he was the "Revenue Manager" of the hotel.

We had thought of renting a car but we didn't need one as the Suburban took us everywhere we needed to go.

Matthew made sure we had a nice room and whenever he saw us he asked what the hotel could do for us to improve our stay.

I travel some for business and have stayed all over the country. I have never been to as nice of a hotel (it is a smaller hotel converted from a hospital -- very unique) but especially I have never come across employees who care so much for the customer.

In this age of lousy customer service, this hotel is almost shocking in how nice they are. Anything they can do to help, they will.

The atmosphere is very laid back and friendly. There is a cute "hotel dog" that the kids loved playing with.

I asked Matthew who owned the hotel as it didn't seem like any place I have stayed. He said it was privately owned by some investors whose goal is to make the experience of staying in the hotel a wonderful experience.

They have met their goal.

By the way, the rooftop is spectacular -- view of the city and very relaxing.

I've never been motivated to write a review of a hotel before but Parq Central is that impressive that you almost have to give them a review.

All of the staff was wonderful -- I do want to especially tell you that Matthew made us feel very comfortable. I had to leave to another city for business and my family (and an 88 year old great aunt) stayed behind. Matthew assured me he would take care of my family and it was genuine.

I truly felt comfortable leaving them as I knew the hotel would make the rest of their trip a unique and enjoyable experience.

If you stay in Albuquerque, you need to go here. We took one day and went to Santa Fe -- stayed in a nice hotel there. It would normally have been very impressive -- but it lacked "character" and when we returned the next day to Albuq the feeling was "Ahhh..... we are at home at Parq Central."

Enjoy!

John Watts
Birmingham, Alabama

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms -- they were both nice. No complaints!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnGWatts

Dear John,
Firstly, I apologize for the time it took to respond to your thoughtful review. In short, the pleasure was all mine, and the hotel’s, in hosting you and your family. There was not one employee you came into contact with any one of your family who did not find them entirely delightful. Time and time again it is our guests which make our job such a delight and this was without a doubt one of those times. We are deeply honored to have had the opportunity to play a role in creating s special vacation memory for each of you. If you all need a break from the Alabama heat this summer please come back as see us as soon as humanly possible. All the best and hope to see you soon.-Matthew Troche

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at the Parq Central for one night on a business trip. Very nice stay - the service was excellent and the desk agent gave a tour of the hotel while showing me to my room. Complimentary breakfast was very high quality, including a choice of fresh quiches. Perhaps not the best surrounding area (road is a little loud), but the accommodations are very modern and clean. Free wi-fi and parking. Great value overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard side instead of the road side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan K
MatthewTroche, Guest Services Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Dan K,
Thanks for staying with us during your recent business trip. As much fun as we have here at Hotel Parq Central we hear time and time again from business travelers how well our hotel accommodates those here for work related travel. Whatever the reason for your visit, please let us know if you might ever again be in our neck of the woods as we would love to host you at HPC as soon as possible. All the best. –Matthew Troche

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay. Very clean, very modern, and a cool history with the building. The staff is top notch. The rooftop bar has a great 360 view and good specialty drinks and munchies. Even if you don't stay at the hotel, go catch a sunset from the roof sometime. The quiche breakfast was great in the morning. Make use of the driver and the hpc suburban. She will take you anywhere in the unm/downtown area. Well done hpc staff and management!

• Stayed: April 2014
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear abqmike,
It sounds like you had quite a time here at Hotel Parq Central! We truly do love to hear when a guest not only enjoyed their time here but also made use of all the unique features and amenities which make our hotel a location like none other. Keep in mind for your next visit we also shuttle down to the Old Town area should you ever want to explore that neck of the woods. We hope to see you soon again and all the best!-Matthew Troche

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed one night at the hotel prior to a business meeting the next day. We had a 1 bedroom suite just steps from the hot tub. The quality of everything from linens to construction detail was wonderful. The rooftop deck/bar is awesome...great drinks, good appetizers and first class seat for mountain and sunset views. we booked a special and the value was superb. Staff could not have been more accomodating...almost feels like you are at home !

Room Tip: The free standing casitas are a great choice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear GreenChile21,

We can tell just by your name that you are just the type of guest we love here at Hotel Parq Central! It is such a joy to hear that you and your daughter were able to take a quick break here at the hotel prior to your meeting. Whether traveling for business of pleasure we firmly believe HPC is the perfect location for weary travelers to unwind here in the Duke City. Thank you again for writing such a first rate review of our hotel. Hope to see you here again soon. All the best. -Matthew Troche

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was spacious and clean. Check out the rooftop bar for yummy eats and drinks! This is an interesting, historic building with loads of character. I wish we had more time to explore it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
MatthewTroche, Guest Services Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Unbeatenpath,
Our building really is something else, isn't it? We love working in a place which holds such a historic significance to our city and the southwest as a whole. We realize that our location is something special and will do all we can to preserve the wonderful history of our establishment. Thank you so very much for the kind words and we eagerly look forward to your next visit. All the best. –Matthew Troche

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've had the fortune of staying at a lot of nice hotels through business travel and vacations. This is one of my all time favorites. Everything about the hotel is perfect. The decor is terrific. Very tasteful throughout the lobby, gathering areas, rooms, etc. It's decorated beautifully. I was worried about the room size but it's not an issue. Everything is so so comfortable that it does not matter. I was in a deluxe king and it was perfect. The finishes are all high end (hans grohe showerhead, etc).

They have coffee and tea all hours. I like this. It's not in your room - which is fine since it is available whenever. The breakfast was very different than most. Quiche is available, as well as toast, muffins, sweet rolls, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. No eggs/pancakes, but a lot of other selections that were quite nice. I might even say there are too many sweet rolls and muffins.

They have a great outdoor courtyard that is so relaxing with fountains. The property is beautiful. I wouldn't worry about what people say about not being a safe neighborhood. It is near the freeway and there are some hotels around, but it seems safe and the location is convenient to everywhere. There's no pool but there is a hot tub. Maybe not an ideal place for kids, but wonderful for couples.

I LOVED the Apothocary rooftop bar. It's a nice bar and great roof top. The view is spectacular of the city and it's spread out with comfortable couches, etc. There are also happy hour specials so this is a great way to kick off your night. After staying 2 days, I went to Santa Fe. I stayed at a great hotel there as well but it didn't compare to Hotel Parq Central.

The staff is great. Very accomodating. Jeremiah at the front desk was very nice. Matt is also great. The GM appears to go from location to location and always check out how things are running. It's nice to see so much concern - I was impressed by him always checking in on breakfast, the bar, etc. I highly recommend this place. I would love to go back!

Room Tip: Restaurants I would recomment: The Grove, Farinas Pizza, The Patio (little dive but some great mexic...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J2theLO
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear J2theLO,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review about our hotel which covers so many of the features which make Hotel Parq Central the absolute best hotel in the city. We've found that by coupling the best location in the city with a high standard of customer service our guests are likely to return and stay with us time and time again.
We are also so delighted that you were able to enjoy a cocktail at the Apothecary Lounge. If you can, please come visit again as the weather continues to improve as the rooftop hosts some of the most beautiful sunsets you have ever seen! We truly do hope to see you again as soon as possible. All the best. –Matthew Troche