“A Great Place To Stay”
Review of Hotel Parq Central

Hotel Parq Central
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I decided to stay here based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. We arrived on a Thursday night at 10 PM. Our room was located on the 3rd floor and it's a key access only floor from the elevator or stairs. All of the people on the elevator were going to the Apothecary Lounge on the 4th floor. We got a glimpse of the lounge and it was packed with "dress to impress" patrons. Our room was located right below the lounge, but you could not hear a thing upstairs.
Room was very nicely appointed. Not a small room by any means. King size bed was so comfortable and lots of pillows. A big screen TV on the wall. Small refrigerator inside the cabinet under the TV. The bathroom was excellent. Walk-in glass enclosed shower with rain water shower head. More than enough room for two! Robes and C.O. Bigelow products. We had a great view of downtown Albuquerque in the morning. Room temperature was perfect and made for a great night's sleep.
Next morning there was coffee service right outside the door. I was surprised to hear the cleaning staff tell me "good morning" when I stepped outside of the room! Continental breakfast was superb. Lots of assorted pastries, muffins and cinnamon rolls. Great coffee. Lots of juices and milk. Green chili quiche rocked! Comfortable seating.
Wifi worked perfectly in our room. Room was "tech friendly" with lots of accessible outlets to charge all your devices. Cabinet on the side of the bed near the window had a pull out tabletop to set my laptop on and flip open outlet.
Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating upon check-in and check-out.
Get up to the Apothecary Lounge in the morning hours and get out on the rooftop. A great place to take some pictures.
Hotel is centrally located. Old Town is 10 min drive to the west. UNM and Nob Hill just a few minutes drive to the east. It's about an hour's drive to Santa Fe on I-25.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and look forward to staying here again when we come back.

Room Tip: Key access only to floors 3 and 4 on the elevator and the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Big_T_Rocks,
We are so pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your time here at Hotel Parq Central. We are equally as pleased that you took the time from your busy schedule to write a review which encompasses so many of the features which make our hotel stand apart from the many options our city provides.
One of those features we truly appreciate you pointing out, and one rarely mentioned, is the technology friendly nature of our rooms and hotel. Despite being located in a historic building this place truly is state of the art! We ourselves are not big fans of being away from our data signals so we made sure the entire hotel has a strong Wi-Fi signal which caters to both the business and pleasure traveler.
Thank you again for writing such a kind review. Please let us know if you might ever return to our city as we would be more than happy to accommodate your stay once again. All the best and we hope to see you soon.-Matthew Troche

Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I booked a room last minute and I have nothing but stellar comments about this property already. I'm usually a tough customer and expect nothing but the best and this property and staff has exceeded my expectations already! Not an easy task at hand!
I booked last minute at 10:00am and they had a driver at the airport to meet me within 10 minutes. I got to the hotel and they held my bag until my room was ready and dropped me off in old town to roam around a bit. I called and the driver was back in old town to pick me up within minutes. When my room was available they walked me toy room and informed me of the location of coffee, tea, ice ect. I went to the rooftop bar to have a drink an claim a spot to watch the sunset. The bartender and waitstaff could NOT impress me more if I wanted them to. They were sold out with a wedding occupying the property but I never felt like I was passed over because of the crowd. I am already planning a girls weekend back here because you really feel at home at this property.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sea2Sea4me
MatthewTroche, Guest Services Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Sea2Sea4me,

It makes us so glad to hear we met your tough standards! We as well set the bar pretty high and always look to meet even the most selective of travelers’ needs. Whether a guest makes a reservation a year in advance or walks right in, we are always ready to serve our visitors with top notch customer service.
One thing that might interest you during your next visit is our “Girls’ Night Out” package which comes with private accommodations for your guests and special deals at the Apothecary lounge.
Again, thank you for joining us at Hotel Parq Central and on our rooftop lounge. Feel free to contact me directly should you need any help planning your next visit. All the best. –Matthew Troche

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just spent the night in the most delightful boutique hotel on Central Avenue!
Hotel Parq Central is fresh, funky and has the BEST views of sunset and city lights from their Apothecary Lounge. Once an old Railroad Hospital converted to hotel, there are subtle winks to it's past throughout the grounds and rooms. Will certainly be going back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel away from Central Avenue. Regardless, you will sleep grea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandy C

Dear Sandy C,

We would certainly love to have you return! It makes us so glad you had an enjoyable visit and love that you were able to pick up on our little nods to our historic past. If ever you are to return please feel free to reach out to me and we will make sure you next experience is even more memorable. All the best. –Matthew Troche

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Treat yourself to a stay at the wonderful and relaxing Hotel Parq Central in the heart of Albuquerque. The hotel has peaceful gardens and tranquil paths throughout, and neighbors a beautiful little hillside park. The rooms are tastefully appointed with modern decor and comfortable seating and bedding. The bathrooms are large, and light with a big glass walk in shower door and a spa-like shower head. Just when you think you have really been spoiled by that, you can wrap up in the light but warm, long robe. They offer fresh morning coffee just steps away from your room, and a delicious and healthy complimentary breakfast, including fruit, yogurt, quiche, pastries and hard boiled eggs. The juice selection will have you spinning.There are several comfortable sitting rooms on the main floor where you can recline and read or just enjoy the peace and quiet. All around the hotel are old items of memorabilia from when the hotel was a hospital. They have added in touches of decor that feel like they have been there for years. Everywhere you look there is delight! ( can you tell a girl is writing this?)
There is a rooftop bar and restaurant where we sipped wine and watched the Sandia Mountain serenade us in color as the sun set.
Across the courtyard you and your family can retire to play games in a comfortable salon. You will want for nothing during your stay here. The staff is courteous, welcoming. Our hat's are off to the proprietor's of Hotel Parq Central. We will be back.

Room Tip: Suite 223 has a view of a charming hillside park and large trees. Easy access to the rooftop bar and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KP S
MatthewTroche, Guest Service Specialist at Hotel Parq Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear KP S,

We always appreciate when a guest can describe, especially as colorfully as you have done, the beauty of our property. You truly have a gift for words! There really is something special about our location and it means the world to us that that you, and all of our guests, get to share in the Hotel Parq Central experience. Keep in mind for your next visit that we do offer rooms with a bit more space should you ever need it. I would personally recommend the executive room as it is particularity spectacular! We hope to see you pass through our doors as soon as possible and thank you again for you detailed (and beautifully written!) review. All the best. –Matthew Troche

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I spent several nights at the Parq Central on a recent trip to Albuquerque. The hotel is a renovated Railroad Hospital from the 1920s. It sounds weird, but the Hospital theme is subtle and appears throughout the hotel. It is so tastefully done that one hardly notices the connection, e.g. a hallway display with flowers in test tubes, and a coffee table in the bar which has gurney wheels. The rooms are small, but comfortable and well appointed.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room away from the stairway to the bar. There is some late night noise...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UW70SCUBA

Dear UW70SCUBA,
It was always been our hope here to Hotel Parq Central that as we move forward we are always able to continue to hold a deep respect for the historic nature of our building. We take a tremendous amount of pride in working in a place which has played such a prominent role in the history of our wonderful city. Thank you so much for taking notice of this and giving us the chance to host you during your visit to our lovely city. Please let us know if you might ever return as it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us once again. All the best. –Matthew Troche

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our family had a wonderful stay at Hotel Parq Central. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms are very clean and nice, breakfast was delicious, and the staff could not be better!

We were picked up at the airport by the hotel shuttle -- a Suburban -- and the man driving gave us a nice description of Albuquerque. His name was Matthew and I found out late he was the "Revenue Manager" of the hotel.

We had thought of renting a car but we didn't need one as the Suburban took us everywhere we needed to go.

Matthew made sure we had a nice room and whenever he saw us he asked what the hotel could do for us to improve our stay.

I travel some for business and have stayed all over the country. I have never been to as nice of a hotel (it is a smaller hotel converted from a hospital -- very unique) but especially I have never come across employees who care so much for the customer.

In this age of lousy customer service, this hotel is almost shocking in how nice they are. Anything they can do to help, they will.

The atmosphere is very laid back and friendly. There is a cute "hotel dog" that the kids loved playing with.

I asked Matthew who owned the hotel as it didn't seem like any place I have stayed. He said it was privately owned by some investors whose goal is to make the experience of staying in the hotel a wonderful experience.

They have met their goal.

By the way, the rooftop is spectacular -- view of the city and very relaxing.

I've never been motivated to write a review of a hotel before but Parq Central is that impressive that you almost have to give them a review.

All of the staff was wonderful -- I do want to especially tell you that Matthew made us feel very comfortable. I had to leave to another city for business and my family (and an 88 year old great aunt) stayed behind. Matthew assured me he would take care of my family and it was genuine.

I truly felt comfortable leaving them as I knew the hotel would make the rest of their trip a unique and enjoyable experience.

If you stay in Albuquerque, you need to go here. We took one day and went to Santa Fe -- stayed in a nice hotel there. It would normally have been very impressive -- but it lacked "character" and when we returned the next day to Albuq the feeling was "Ahhh..... we are at home at Parq Central."

Enjoy!

John Watts
Birmingham, Alabama

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms -- they were both nice. No complaints!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnGWatts

Dear John,
Firstly, I apologize for the time it took to respond to your thoughtful review. In short, the pleasure was all mine, and the hotel’s, in hosting you and your family. There was not one employee you came into contact with any one of your family who did not find them entirely delightful. Time and time again it is our guests which make our job such a delight and this was without a doubt one of those times. We are deeply honored to have had the opportunity to play a role in creating s special vacation memory for each of you. If you all need a break from the Alabama heat this summer please come back as see us as soon as humanly possible. All the best and hope to see you soon.-Matthew Troche

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at the Parq Central for one night on a business trip. Very nice stay - the service was excellent and the desk agent gave a tour of the hotel while showing me to my room. Complimentary breakfast was very high quality, including a choice of fresh quiches. Perhaps not the best surrounding area (road is a little loud), but the accommodations are very modern and clean. Free wi-fi and parking. Great value overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard side instead of the road side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan K

Dear Dan K,
Thanks for staying with us during your recent business trip. As much fun as we have here at Hotel Parq Central we hear time and time again from business travelers how well our hotel accommodates those here for work related travel. Whatever the reason for your visit, please let us know if you might ever again be in our neck of the woods as we would love to host you at HPC as soon as possible. All the best. –Matthew Troche