“Wonderful Food, Marginal Service”
Review of Chow's Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Chow's Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: THis restaurant is on your site but it is the Juan Tabo location which is now operating under another name. The name was never "Chinese Bistr" always "asian." Don't know what the mix-up is.
Reviewed 5 April 2012

After waiting quite awhile to get seated, it took awhile to get service and to top things off, I was brought the wrong entree. There were too many customers and not enough servers. Even though the service was marginal (and believe me - the servers worked very hard to compensate), the food was wonderful. We would go there again; however, would go on a weekday when the crowd numbers were down. i would have rated the overall score an "excellent" had it not been for the service.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Clean restaurant, friendly staff, kid friendly menu, relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

You wouldn't believe that Chow's would be the best place for oriental food in Albuquerque, being that this place is on the West Side and part of the Cottonwood Mall. Don't let that stop you from going to Chow's and enjoying the superb food and service that you would come to expect from a 4-5 Star restaurant. Since moving back to Las Cruces we make it a point to visit Chow's everytime we come back up to ABQ and Jason the manager, remembers us and pulls out all the stops to make our visit a most delicious event!

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Chow’s Asian Bistro
Chow’s Asian Bistro of Albuquerque is located on the west side of Cotton Wood Mall, the largest mall in all of New Mexico. It is open from 11:00am to 9:00pm, most days of the week. Chow’s offers a complete oriental menu as would be expected but also includes luncheon specials. Most visitors to Chow’s are admittedly, the mall shoppers but it would appear that many others make Chow’s a special stop for lunch or dinner. Chow’s atmosphere is a welcome respite from the busy and nosy mall. My wife and I had made most of the morning this date preparing for a trip when we both said it almost the same time- Chow’s. Chow’s does a lot of things just right, after you order should there be a soup or salad coming with your meal they are delivered immediately. I like that action! The meals follow almost as fast but quick delivery doesn’t mean the quality suffers. The food is always delicious in my opinion.
I typically order Cashew and Chicken but today it was Sesame Chicken while my wife tried the Lo mein. Both were excellent! Luncheon fare runs around $8.20 per plate so it is a tad above most lunch prices but well worth it. The meals come with either a salad or soup. Being in the mall there is ample near-by parking. My future outings include a return to Chow’s Asian Bistro.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

I have been following the family since I first moved to NM several years ago. They closed the Juan Tabo location to much sadness of my coworkers and myself. Decided to go to the son's location in Cottonwood Mall. My favorite item is not on the menu - Sesame Chicken. They also used to make me Lemon Chicken at the Juan Tabo location, but I did not see that on the menu either so I went with the Sweet & Sour. It was very tasty, the rice was good. Unfortunately our waitress did not get our drink order right. We ordered Dr. Pepper, we were told they didn't have it so they gave us Pepsi, when the second waitress came to our table she asked if the refill was Dr. Pepper, we said you told us you don't have it and she said no, that waitress is new - we do have it. So she proceeded to give us Diet Pepsi this time. Other than missing our favorite menu items, it is still very tasty cuisine. The Firecracker Chicken was fire-crackin! Very hot stuff. Looking forward to the Fan-Tan location opening up to see what else the family has to offer. We would recommend this place to others asking for Asian Fusion cuisine.

1  Thank Midnitesun3