“I DREAM ABOUT THE COFFEE CHICKEN!”

Chow's Asian Bistro
Ranked #879 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: THis restaurant is on your site but it is the Juan Tabo location which is now operating under another name. The name was never "Chinese Bistr" always "asian." Don't know what the mix-up is.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“I DREAM ABOUT THE COFFEE CHICKEN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

When you live in an area that has a Chinese restaurant just about on every street, you'd think it would be difficult to select one on any day of the week. Not so for me. Chow's is "it", if you're looking for a not-the-run-of-the-mill menu and NOT a buffet loaded with pre-cooked food food. Chow's chef(s) prepare each dish for you and the selection of "different" dishes is wonderful. My go-to dish is the Coffee Rubbed Chicken...voted #1 in Albuquerque. They also created a shrimp dish...served in a pesto-like sauce and piled onto jasmine rice....delicious! Having the choice of white or brown rice is a plus and both my husband and I appreciate this. The ambiance is peaceful, lovely and contemporary and the location is convenient for us. There are few in-the-mall restaurants I would recommend, but this is one of them. You will not be disappointed, as one reviewer stated. Look at the reason....out of seafood...well, if it's NOT available fresh, they won't serve it. I, for one, am grateful for that. Just sayin'

• Visited April 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“You should eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have dined at Chow's numerous times, and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, and it good quantities, the servers are very attentive, just an all around pleasant experience. You would never expect this at a restaurant in a mall!

• Visited January 2013
“Huge disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

My husband & I choose to go on a date to Chows Asian restaurant in cottonwood mall because the movie theater was near. It looked like it could be a nice restaurant from the outside. But boy were we disappointed! My husband wanted to order the $17 seafood sensation dish but wasn't able to because they were out of seafood. We ordered lettuce wraps as an appetizers and did not finish it because it was gross. The chicken and veggie platter that my husband ordered was in a thick cakey sauce. I ordered duck n it tasted like salty dried fried chicken. I was not impressed with any of the dishes that i saw or tasted We will not go back again!

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“"Let us sit crooked, but talk straight!"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

The most sincere comment I can make about Chow's Asian Bistro is that it is unpretentious from any viewpoint. Its owner, Jason, is a serious restaurateur in the classic sense - he ensures that the quality and taste of the food being served is higher than one could expect from a "family" restaurant located in a shopping mall in middle America. The menu is sufficiently varied, particularly the dinner version, such that customers will not become bored with its offerings. Everything I have ever ordered at Chow's, during the several years I have been a customer, has been delicious, although my wife and I do have our personal favorites - No Roof Noodles, Bangkok Shrimp, Mongolian beef, Chicken fried rice, and all of the tofu dishes offered are memorable. The atmosphere is pleasant; the waitstaff can be a tad inefficient at times but never so much that it begs a complaint. And besides, do we always have to be in such a hurry to do everything? This is not a place that I would ever want to rush through the meal. Whenever people ask me about good restaurants in Albuquerque, I find Chow's in my top three. My family and I consider ourselves regulars. If I were forced to complain about something at Chow's, it would be that sometimes I experience the booths to be a bit tight spatially causing me (6'3") to sit crooked so as to be comfortable. So, to avoid that possibility, I ask my family whether they mind sitting at one of the many tables to enjoy our meal. This is a reasonably priced Asian restaurant that offers excellent food. I recommend it to anyone who is hungry who happens to find themselves on the west side of Albuquerque.

• Visited November 2012
Ocala
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

The food at Chow's is not your typical asian food. The food is definately 5 star. The food is fresh, presentation is very nice, and Chow's uses interesting food and/or spice combinations in the preparation. The service is a little slow and server needed to be more familiar with the menu. One member requested additional white pepper for the hot and sour soup and the waiter was befuddled. After looking for some time, he came back with regular pepper and said that Chows didn't have white pepper. This is a very minor problem. Chow's is a restaurant that should not be missed.

• Visited October 2012