“Loads of fun” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of iT'Z Albuquerque - CLOSED

iT'Z Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: iT'Z the best place in town for a fresh Italian buffet, over 150 games, Bumper Cars, Frog Hopper Ride, Rock Wall and the Spinoli indoor ride!
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loads of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We bought the unlimited everything for our family of five. We expected to stay for a couple of hours but ended up staying for the better part of six. Food was alright but we went for the games. Kids had a blast and can't wait to go back.

8 Thank Pjcruces
ITZCORP, General Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello Pjcruces! My name is Robert Bowen and I am the General Manager of iT’Z Albuquerque. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at iT’Z! We are happy that you and your family had a great time. The unlimited package, or Biggest Deal, is definitely the best way to go if you plan on enjoying our park for a few hours and like doing a lot of rides.

Please feel free to email me more about your experiences here at iT’Z at rbowen@itzusa.com.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again and we hope you are having a great day!

Robert Bowen, General Manager, iT'Z Albuquerque

kingsland ga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good food, great fun. Themed rooms to eat. Even had a drive in theater type. The only issue is I wish they would keep their games with tickets filled.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Melissa181
Brandenburg, Kentucky
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Not much more than a giant Chuck E Cheese's with worse food and much dirtier. Took my daughter to a Girl Scout function here and was fairly disappointed. She had a good time but a 7 year old tends to overlook sanitation and prices. Luckily I didn't have to pay to eat. This was the first and last time I will be seen here.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank armydude_52
ITZCORP, General Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
My name is Robert and I am the General Manager of IT'Z Albuquerque. Thank you for taking the time to review our park. We always like to hear about our guests visits! We always strive to have great food and entertainment in all areas of our park.

Please feel free to email me at rbowen@itzusa.com about your future visits!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Thanks again and we hope you are having a great day!

New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Friends don't let friends do "It'z" ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I have visited It'z in Albuquerque many times not because they are good in any way but because of the morbid curiosity of seeing if this place actually ever improves which I have really given up any hope of ever witnessing. I have called in food safety and health inspectors on this place more than once and still remain utterly horrified.

In at least 90% of visits, I witnessed children often unsupervised and clearly far younger than mandatory buffet age 10 helping themselves to the buffet, reach their hands in to bins like mac and cheese and drop handfuls on their plates without utensils. In many of those cases, I personally witnessed those also drop food on the floor, pick it up and throw it back in the food bins. To my utter horror, I say It'z staff members see the same events across the way looking right at it and could not be bothered to go take away or change out the food bin as protocol would require.

I have repeatedly witnessed staff use the same rags to clean customer tables and wipe down the buffet and serving handle utensils.

In one visit in particular, a man in his mid 40's I would guess was coughing repeatedly and violently hard and coughed and spit all over the drink serving machine unprotected close up on the machine. The man was also splattering blood on the floor. To my horror, I saw at least three It'z buffet employees in eye view directly watching everything with what happened and not one of them cared in the slightest and never broke down the machine or even approach it, let alone clean it and I watched for a good hour afterwars as well and had to stand there on my own and warn customers myself not to use that machine to get drinks.

In this same period this visit, and as so often the case every visit, nobody came around to clean any tables aften leaving them sitting dirty for hours until they start to run out of tables available for new customers to use.

So often the staff, often teenagers themselves, are just as bad as what I observe in the little unsupervised kids. I have personally witnessed staff drop utensils on tue floor and put them back in food bins on more than a few occasions on different visits to the restaurant as well.

The most horrifying experience came when on one of the uncleaned table visit days, I saw a staff member go get all the dirty plates and dishes from all the dirty tables and begin stacking them on the front customer side of the serving buffet and even balanced a few of them over and directly between the food bins on the buffet themselves! There the dirty plates sat for a good 20 minutes or so as they collected up more dirty plates from customer tables, then went off sweeping the floor and emptying trash cans, and then finally returned some time later to remove the customer dishes from the buffet. I have never been so horrified in any restaurant, even those geared for kids.

The first few visits, and before I knew what all actually went on there at It'z routinely, I actually tried their food and it was always consistently sub-par quality, over cooked, dried out with looks of sitting out too long, watery, bland or just wierd off rotten tastes. Each and every time I ended up with severe bowel distress the next day. I eventually wised up and now knowing also what I know, I only stand around and observe and do not actually eat anything there anymore.

I have two children myself ranging in ages from preteen to teen and they have often been with me visiting It'z and saw these thingd for themselves first hand, sometimes even catching a few horrors I missed. When I jokingly ask them these days if they would like to go to It'z for dinner, they are quick to tell me that would be cruel and unusual punishment probably violating some international treaty somewhere on tue treatment of prisoners.

I have spoken to both local management at It'z and even higher corporate on a number of occasions to no help or progress. Food inspectors often green light thr place when it is in clear violations but then I was there one inspector visit and witnessed the inspector hugging one of the staff members and high givimg them a high five so I expect their own kid working there which could skew things.

It is not the type of place either. I have visited other very similiar businesses such as for example, Mr. Gatti's in Texas and never observed the problems or issues I routinely see at the It'z location in Albuquerque, NM.

It does not talk too long watching staff to begin to realize they have little to no training, are innefficient, and very clearly could care less about food safety or even their jobs for that matter.

I cannot say if these issues are typical of all of the It'z company locations or just Albuquerque alone as that is their only location which I have visited but I would say where it comes to Albuquerque, any place you go in the city would be a much better choice than going to It'z ... that bad.

9 Thank MattNM
ITZCORP, Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Hello MattNM,

My name is Robert and I am the General Manager of It'z Albuquerque. We want to thank you for visiting our park and taking the time to review it.

I would like to extend a personal invitation to have you stop by at anytime you like to get a tour of inside our kitchen area. I know that you will see a very clean and sanitary area that has passed every visit from our state inspectors. You will notice all our team members working in a safe and sanitary manner.

It'z Albuquerque takes full advantage of all the state food safety courses that are offered and we use those teachings to train all our staff. My management staff and myself welcomes any comment or suggestion presented from our guests. It'z Albuquerque does not tolerate the gross mismanagement of food handling that is discussed in this review and I encourage any guest to inform management if they witness any thing that makes them feel uncomfortable especially food handling.

While It'z Albuquerque is a all you want to eat buffet, we also can make personal, fresh food requests straight from our ovens to your table. Our staff takes great pride in our food and want to make it the best it can be. Thank you for letting us know your opinion about it and we will definetly look into this matter further.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to ask for me, Robert Bowen, call me at 5058833677, or email me at rbowen@itzusa.com.

It'z Albuquerque
4595 San Mateo Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Rude. Expensive. Rude.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We had been regulars at iTZ since it opened. We've always bought the unlimited passes, the buffet, and had a great time. Last time we went for our sons birthday and again we bought 4 buffets and 4 unlimited passes which is $108 without tax, roughly $115 with tax. We were surprised that when using our unlimited game cards we weren't allowed to play any games that gave you prizes, or tickets. It didnt used to be this was amd I failed to see the 4mm fine print at the bottom. When I asked about it they simply said they had changed it and too bad. The place was a disaster. Dirty tables, trash on the floor, old food was out. When I asked a worker when they might put out new pizza (which took 15 minutes just to find someone to ask) they said "later". Real helpful. The ice cream machine was broken the entire experience was a joke. They advertise unlimited game cards but its really only unlimited on 30% of games and none that little kids want to play so we spent another $40 on another game card so the kids could play games that gave tickets. There's also a lock out system so it's not truly unlimited. If you play a quick game then want to play again you're "locked out" for a specific amount of time. For being "unlimited" they sure have a lot of limitations. So, for $155 we had old, cold food, in a filthy atmosphere, with rude service, and no dessert. All of this might have been overlooked but I called the next day to speak with a manager who I guess wasn't in. I emailed my complaint via the "contact us" feature on the website and never got a response. I guess our $155 that we spend 4-6x a year or $620-$930 a year was meaningless and not worth a response. That in my mind solidified that management does not care about your concerns or experiences. I noticied someone else reviewed them with similar complaints and the manager responded ignoring the fact that their dinning experience was awful, and instead just listed their prices, it's insulting. Why would I return someplace where the employees were rude, the food was awful, the place was filthy, the tables weren't cleared, the prices were high, the unlimited passes were limited, and nobody responded to my concerns? Addressing someone's concerns by explaining how they can spend more money is absolutely terrible business in my opinion. Even at the groupon price I would not ever spend one more dime at this place. Since that time we've been going to Hinkle family fun center. It's always fun, and the employees are always really nice. I'm in no way affiliated with Hinkle, I work in the medical field. I'm simply a mom who enjoys taking my young kids out to have fun. I believe we all work hard in our careers and considerimg the current economy customer service, one would think, would be a priority. I'm not going to spend hard earned money and waste my limited and precious family time in a place that doesn't appreciate, or value my clientage or can even be bothered with providing me a response to my concerns.

Visited August 2012
12 Thank SarahEDK
ITZCORP, General Manager at iT'Z Albuquerque, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to email us about your recent visit to our park. I would like to thank you for being a loyal guest and for bringing your family here to visit us. I apologize that we did not receive your "Contact Us" form via the web, as we pride ourselves on responding as soon as possible to ALL web submissions.

As you may have read from other comments, a few years ago, we changed our unlimited pass. Our Biggest Deal allows our guests to enjoy an all day unlimited pass to our buffet, soft drinks, rides, mini bowling, unlimited video games, and 20 points to play the ticket and prize games.
We do understand that this was upsetting to some of our guests at the time, so we have lowered the cost to our prize and ticket games and brought in more rides and video games.
Your description of our buffet is concerning to me. We do strive to provide a clean, safe, fun environment for our guests to enjoy.

I would really like to hear more about your visit. Please feel free to email me directly at rbowen@itzusa.com or call me at 5058833677. I promise you that you will receive a response from me promptly.

We look forward to hearing from you and we hope you have a great day!