We chose Los Poblanos for an overnight in Albuquerque on a cross country Route 66 Adventure. It is a bit removed from the lively heart of the city, but offers views of the mountains and a more natural setting among gardens and lavender fields. Checking in, Sarah was super friendly and helpful. She has a great sense of humor and gave us a wonderful property room. Our room was bright and airy with a four poster bed, sitting area, wall mounted tv, and large kitchen area. Plenty of closet space and sumptuous lavender bath products that they produce at the farm. The pure white rooms felt a bit sterile, but still very luxurious for a farm. There is free internet and lots to do on site. There are guided farm tours, multiple gardens to walk, plenty of event space, a charming farm shop, greenhouse, honeybees, a pool and the best part.....the animals.
Wandering the grounds are peacocks and other fowl. There are chickens, goats, sheep, cows, llamas and my favorite, pigs. They have coin operated feed dispensers too. It was neat to hear crows in the morning and assorted farm animal noises throughout the night.
We had dinner in their restaurant which uses as much on site or local produce as possible. It was very good. As was their included breakfast. We would have liked more than 2 choices at breakfast, but we appreciated the creativity and flavor balances in the dishes.
Los Poblanos gave us a very romantic and laid back night in Albuquerque and we are very glad we stayed here. The unique combination of organic farm and luxury inn found a very nice balance and we truly enjoyed exploring their property and experiencing their hospitality first hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among 25 acres of lavender fields and lush formal gardens, Los Poblanos is one of the most prestigious properties in the Southwest. Detailed tours of the historic property are available to all guests, as well as the included gourmet breakfast incorporating ingredients from our organic farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Poblanos Historic Inn And Organic Farm
- Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm Hotel Albuquerque