“A perfect getaway”

Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Ranked #6 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I loved staying at Los Poblanos! The setting is gorgeous. There is a surreal mountain view, and the grounds and gardens are nothing short of beautiful. We stayed in the Gallinero room, which is a private cottage that is set back from the rest of the rooms. It was small but charming, and we certainly enjoyed having our privacy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious, so we definitely looked forward to it each morning. We'd love to come back sometime in the Fall when the temperatures in Albuquerque aren't quite so hot.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mmdorame
There are newer reviews for Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I recently stayed at Los Poblanos. We do quite a bit of traveling and have stayed in many nice places. This is definitely one of the best! The grounds are beautiful, the room was very nice, and the food is excellent. However, the best part of our stay was the staff. Everyone was very friendly and put customer service as their highest priority. The staff seemed like they were one big family and likewise treated us like we were family. The employee that stood out the most was JC. He was setting up a room for a big event and saw us poking around. He stopped what he was doing, invited us in to the event room and gave us a quick, but informative tour of the area. He made us feel very welcome. The staff here sets the standard for what customer service should be like. We'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a great time at Los Poblanos. The grounds are beautiful with gardens and peacocks. The suite we stayed in was spacious, quiet, clean and nicely air conditioned with ceiling fans. The bed was very comfortable. The pool area was great and not crowded. We ate dinner at La Meridia, and the food was amazing. Breakfast was included with the stay and was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank doo5
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed one night last week, it was fantastic! A very relaxing place to stay, very clean room. There is a very nice salt water pool, bikes to ride with very nice bike trails nearby. Nice gardens to take an evening stroll, and a wonderful restaurant.

Room Tip: The Meem 3 room is very close to restaurant, pool and has a very nice courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed C
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We're repeat visitors to this lovely oasis in Albuquerque. There are bike's available if you want a scenic ride. The onsite shop is crazy overpriced but it's a neat addition none the less. We'll definitely be back. It's good for a romantic getaway or spending quality time with the family. The in-room fire places are excellent and add a great touch. The organic breakfast is amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChooChoo34
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent a three day girls weekend here and was so happy with our experience. It really exceeded our expectations. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I like the "less is more" decor of this inn. The bed and linens were excellent and to have a kitchenette was an added bonus. It was so nice to be able to step out the door to the adirondack chairs and enjoy our evening glass of wine or morning coffee. The staff was friendly and professional. We got to meet the property owner who gave us a little background and invited us to tour the function area of the inn where one of the cooks gave us a bit if the history and showed us around. I can't say enough about how relaxing and calming our stay was here. We couldn't wait to go to breakfast and see what new delights were in store for us each day. We had heard how good the food was at the inn and it did not disappoint. There is a very good winery close by that we enjoyed an afternoon of music on a Sunday afternoon (another bonus). If you enjoy a little rustic, hold the fancy-schmancy and are a foodie, you'll love Los Poblanos.

Room Tip: We took Farm 5 & 6 because they could open to one another. We found it to be a good choice for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were attending the James Taylor concert this past weekend which was held at Sandia (such a good time). I waited until the last minute and could not reserve a room at Sandia without it being around $300 for a Wednesday evening! Imagine my surpise when I received an e-mail of the top 10 eco-friendly resorts in the United States and a property called Los Poblanos in Albuquerque was listed. I booked through Smith Hotels and they arranged everything.

The place is absolutely lovely. Who could imagine a setting like this in Albuquerque. A quiet and winding road leads to the main entrance which is surrounded by fields of lavender. Reception was expecting my husband and I and was even able to accomodate our arrival at 1:00 instead of 4:00. The reception area, breakfast room and historic rooms are all part of the old ranch house. I am such a fan of Santa Fe architecture so was eager to see how everything looked. It was so peaceful and lovely in it's New Mexican style with lovely tiles, fireplaces and thick adobe walls. As for the room, I had booked a standard room through Smith Hotels but we must have gotten upgraded because we had a private cottage in the farm style. In my opinion it was THE nicest room there, right next to the greenhouse with a private pation with 2 comfortable lounge chairs. Smith Hotels arranged for a bottle of wine and chocolates to be delivered to us as well. 4 different types of homemade chocolates made there at the inn. The cottage was charming with beautiful Coyuchi linens, a huge walk-in shower, and a kitchenette with plenty of room in the fridge for wine and food. A french press and ceramic dishes completed the kitchen area. They've managed to blend New Mexican with contemporary clean styles very well.

But the thing I was most excited about was the fact that it is an eco-friendly b&b. Last time we were in town we stayed at Route 66 casino to attend a concert and the chemicals they use to clean the rooms gave me a splitting headache. I was afraid to touch anything! Walking into our room at Los Poblanos everything was so fresh and aired out and I slept wonderfully.

Our breaskfast the next morning was, of course, fantastic. I had a quiche with leeks and spinach from the garden. Yum! And right next to the breakfast area is a bocce ball court but that seemed to be the area that Albert the peacock liked best, so I stayed away. I loved this b&b so much and look forward to returning next month. If you like a room that is more quiet then choose the farmhouse rooms. The historic rooms look lovely but they are right next to the dining area so not a lot of privacy. We did not have the opportunity to eat dinner at the restaurant but based on the food they have at breakfast I would love to try. By the way breakfast is free to guests, they bring a receipt which shows what you ordered and ours would have been $48 had we not been guests. All in all well worth the price for a stay at this darling place.

Room Tip: Choose a farmhouse rrom for quiet... Bring money for items at the farmhouse store, cutest things ev...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple