“Very friendly staff”

Ranked #99 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Missouri
“Very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed for 6 nights during the Balloon Fiesta. The room was what we expected; reasonably clean with a very comfortable new bed, newly painted room, etc. We did not expect the most elegant hotel in town nor was that what we were willing to pay for. Had a special request that Heather accommodated. Very short drive or reasonable walk to WalMart, Kmart, and Whole Foods Market. Handy to the highway to the Balloon Fiesta.
What really made the stay great was the very friendly and helpful attitude of the staff, particularly Heather and Darwin. Although the balloons couldn't fly for several days due to weather, we extended our stay at this property and stayed again on the way home after making a side trip to the Grand Canyon.
I am very glad we got one of the renovated rooms!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PseudoGeek
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Dear PseudoGeek,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I will be sure to tell Darwin to share this with Darwin and thank him for helping to make your stay wonderful. We are dedicated to updating our hotel and all of our rooms will receive new beds and paint as we continue to upgrade. It was a pleaure to have you stay with us and I hope you call me in the future when you return to our wonderful city!

Kind Regards,

Heather Buskirk
Suburban Extended Stay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

The extended stay was a very nice place to stay. It was clean and I felt safe while staying there. It could use a little more light but other than that it was fine. Of course we always reserve a handicap room, which tend to be nice and clean, but I not complaints. We were there a week after the balloon festival and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

My best friend and I are currently here for the Balloon Fiesta. We got our tickets through Expedia which included the flight and hotel. The location is fine because it's about 20 minutes from the Balloon Fiesta park, and has Rudy's Restaurant at the corner.

Our plane got in after midnight so unfortunately we had booked a rental car with Advantage but did not know that they close at midnight. So, we had to take a $21 taxi ride to this Suburban.

Yeah, it looks nice on the outside but our first room was disgusting. The second room was tolerable. Our first room had a strong odor of DOG, the carpet was filthy, the televison's off button was missing, and the refrigerator was downright scary. We were scared to lie down in bed for fear of bed bugs. The only thing we saw on our bed sheet was a cigarrete burn.

We were exhausted so slept anyway. The next morning we asked for a second room. The second room had less dog smell, but missing knobs from the dresser, missing iron, and missing those things that sit under the stove burners! We got clorox wipes from K Mart and wiped down all countertops, the frig and the toilet seat....just because. Also the bathroom wall and door had digusting "things" on them. As I was wiping off the kitchen countertop, "stuff" was coming off with the wipes. Folks, it was disgusting! Also in the second room I saw an ant on the bedsheet, so I just slapped it off.

We will never ever stay at any Suburban again. If you want to stay at a filthy, smelly place then go right ahead. We're only staying because the room is already paid for.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Regi_RN
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, 8 October 2011
Thank you for your review, we take our guests comments very seriously. I do apologize that your initial guest room did not meet your standards. During the Balloon Fiesta all our rooms are occupied and I am pleased we were able to get you in another room that did not have the same issues. I would like to let you know that we do not have bed bugs and have never had such a comment posted. I would also like to say we are in the process of upgrading our rooms. We have pantied over 40% of the hotels guest rooms and we have started replacing our beds and bedding in 10% of the guest rooms. I would like to invite you to stay with us again once these have been completed. Please feel free to contact me when you return to our hotel or since you are still at the hotel any time to discuss your stay.

Heather Buskirk

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Helena
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

Our room was dirty and smelled musty. We went to the local mall and bought air fresheners. Laundry facilities were decent. Convenient to restraurants and shopping.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Nice larger room with mini-kitchen, good bed, free wi-fi, and at a good price! We were there for 4 days during the Hotair Balloon Fiesta and it was great. Near enough to the freeway but quiet, well kept site, and friendly staff. There is a nice laundry room too, if needed. The staff were very helpful with recommendations and directions. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank WannabeTravelers
Manitou Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

I choose the Extended Stay for 2 reasons 1) the reviews on TripAdvisor and 2) the price. I was not led astray. The front desk women were friendly and helpful even providing me an excellent recommendation for a Mexican restaurant with accurate and efficient directions. The room was large and clean, had an old but working cable television, sit up desk/bar, clean fridge and stove, working a/c and a clean bathroom. The bed was comfortable and although I was only there one night I could have easily stayed more. If you are looking for a discount on a meal the front desk has several business card sized coupons.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dogperson17
Atlanta Ga.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband was working in albuquerque and he stayed there 4months and i visited him and enjoyed the room being close to the freeway and the staff was very helpful and rooms were clean and we had a stove and fridge. There were cheaper but did not have the security. I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: did not have fitness room