“Dirtiest room ever?”

Ranked #89 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tahlequah, OK
“Dirtiest room ever?”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a Post by post account from Facebook of my wifes stay at this hotel on July 5, 62013.

Made it to New Mexico. Staying at the Suburban Extended Stay. The most disgusting hotel I've ever been to in my life. A security guard let me in to get my room, a gang member was standing outside my room but he seemed nice actually. The room had damp towels with a couple of hairs on them, the coffee pot had some tasty old coffee waiting for me, the room had not been clean, at all, probably ever. It's already paid for, and I'm exhausted. I feel unsafe and worried about my vehicle getting stolen. I just want sleep. I went back to the office to get clean sheets and clean towels but the security guard wouldn't give me any. We brought our own pillows so I'm praying I don't get lice. I'm never using Priceline again, if I survive.

Now the clerk at suburban extended stay in albuquerque told me they made a mistake and put us in a room that hasn't been clean. He said I should have asked for another room! I told him I insisted on another room or at least clean sheets and towels and she refused me! I'm calling the chain and writing a review and never staying here or in any if their hotels again.

I was given a dirty room last night. When I went back to the office to complain and ask for clean towels and sheets I was refused. I was not given another clean room either. It was 1 in the morning, raining, and I had driven 14 hours. I stripped the bed used my own pillows and slept for a few hours. This morning I went down to get clean towels and report my experience with the "security guard" I was told by the desk clerk that I should have asked for a clean room or left! He (Darwin) said it was my fault for staying!

So, there you have my wifes experience at this hotel. Looking at the post prior to mine I see a theme developing here. Hopefully management gets a handle on their issues.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Aquariuz
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Aquariuz,

Thank you for sharing your wife's review, I would like to address everything that has been shared.

First I would like to apologize, when booking through priceline all reservations are booked as the basic least expensive room type. They do not specify smoking or non, they do not give the option for rooms with multiple beds. I would also like to apologize for the the security guard on duty and will address the lack of customer service she gave you with the compnay she is employed by.

Last and most importantly, the cleanliness of the room issue, I do apologize that there was a hair on the sheets, we do our best to make sure that all linen is hair free when placed on the bedding. We want to offer all our guests to have the cleanest and safest accomodations.

Due to not meeting your expectations we have returned half of your stay to priceline, you may want to contact them to ensure you get it back. We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Montesano, Washington, Usa
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Everything about the hotel seemed fine as far as checking in and the outside appearance and location. I stayed one night. Reserved the room through priceline and the price was right. The room was small but sufficient. Only issue, epic fail on part of the maid!! There were pubic hair on the bathroom floor, shower curtain was dirty dirty! Some of the dishes had crusted cheese on them (had a kitchenette) microwave had dried up cheese in it. bathroom mirror was dirty, kitchen floor was dirty, counter top was dirty, cutting board was dirty, towels were not even hung decent..little bottle of dish soap was half empty and missing the lid. if your not going to clean at least straighten the towels! I threw the comforter off first thing, bedsheets were clean!! That was my main concern. Coffee station was dirty and had no supplies, dusty furniture and carpet was poorly vacummed and in desperate need of a shampoo. The room was tiny! it could have been cleaned much better. The bed was comfortable and roomy!!! I informed the front desk, not because I expected a refund or free stay but so they can find out who 'maid up' the room and re train them??! Funniest thing, on the fridge was a statement that offered free maid service every 7 days, if anything was needed beforehand a fee would incur. Hmm...how about cleaning the room in the first place??!!

Room Tip: I highly doubt every room was like mine but just had to state my crappola experience there.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa R
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Lisa R. ,
I am sincerely sorry for the cleanliness issues of your room. You are absolutely right the housekeeper failed you and the hotel with the issues you have described here. The lack of attention to detail and quality of cleaning is most definitely not the standards of our hotel. I can assure you that the housekeeper who cleaned this room will be sent through additional training. Thank you for expressing your unsatisfactory stay at our hotel so that we can make sure this does not happen to another guest.

I hope you will consider staying at our hotel again in the future.

Heather Buskirk

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

BAKERSFIELD
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I arrived in the evening late & the said no problem & put us in nice 1st floor rooms perfect for handicap. I loved having the Kitchen where we could cook & make our own Ice. I like it so much I went & made a reservation for my return trip. When the man saw me come thru the door @ 9:30 at night. He called me by name & said I didn't expect you until tomorrow. I said oh no. He said its ok he signed us in for 2 rooms & all was good. I checked & I had booked 2 hotels on the same day in 2 diff states. This Hotel is near everything so I would go back again. A home away from home. Now one thing did happen we can laugh at the new security guy printed us room keys & the later came & knocked & said I show this room should be empty. We looked at him & he said oh I gave you the keys myself. But is does show they are out patrolling & checking during the night.

Room Tip: Just tell the Man at the desk what you need.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you Gerald G for your recent review of our hotel and for returning on your way back!

We appreciate your business. We consider all our guests a part of the Suburban Family and I am so pleased that the staff remembered you, little touches like thiseally does make the difference.
However, I would like to apologize to you for the security guard knocking on your door after check in. I will make sure they print a new vacant list after everyone has checked in so guests are not disturbed.

We look forward to your next visit home!

Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Everything was great it was in a great location good price the bed was my favorite it was so comfortable! The only thing I am going to complain about was the man at the desk when I went to go check out he was a rude he was eating sunflower seeds while talking spitting them out in the middle of his sentence grossed me out he wouldn't look me in my eyes and I myself work at a hotel at the desk and I would never do that. But, other than him the stay was great I plan on staying there again my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you heath l for your recent review of our hotel, I am pleased that our hotel exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the new beds. We look forward to your next visit.

ABQ
Reviewed 22 June 2013

If you are looking for work....."apply online!" BEWARE. The Wi-Fi at Suburban is dismal. I have been here 3 weeks, looking for work and I get knocked off their internet AT LEAST 10-12 times EVERY SINGLE TIME I AM ON......

VERY VERY FUSTRATING.

Besides that and the abundance of DOG POOP.....it was nice enough!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hi Judy,

I would like to apologize for our internet issues during your stay. We were in transition from regular service to upgrades of fiber optics and a 10mb connection. I would also like to apologize for the pet droppings, we do request that all the guests staying with us walk their pets in a designated area and clean up after them. Sometimes this does not happen. I sure hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

My stay was very pleasant and the attendants and people who work there were very amiable and professional.And I would definitely stay there again knowing that my next stay will be exceptional as well.

• Stayed June 2013
Suburbanabq, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you telli131 for your review!

I am very pleased we met your expectations and that our staff was attentive and professional. We look forward to your next visit. I hope that our hotel will become your home away from home while in Albuquerque!

Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The property was clean and in a safe neighborhood. Unfortunately our room was on the 2nd floor so it was a bit difficult climbing the stairs with all our stuff. Close to Ruby's BBQ (1 block walk) and Park Inn Hotel for happy hour food and drink specials. Decent size room and nice to have a microwave and refrig. included in the price. Unfortunately didn't have the small extras like no kleenex and NO ICE machines. This was a first for my husband, but we haven't been to an extended stay place before, so the expectation of ice was important. Also didn't have any hair dryers available, but overall it was OK.

Room Tip: Request ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Lois K for your recent review of our hotel.

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. As a extended stay hotel there are items we do not offer like other hotels; including kleenex, ice machines and hairdryers in the rooms as well as some other items. However we are looking to purchase a ice machine and additional hair dryers to have available for our guests. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to make our guest experience the best we can!

I hope that you will stay with us again.