“Great Central Location”

Suburban Extended Stay Albuquerque
Ranked #99 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed here during Balloon Fiesta Week. The location was great, just a short drive to either freeway, which got us to where ever we wanted to go. The only downside which was mentioned here before.....when our neighbors were in the shower it sounded like they were in the room with us. Very loud - luckily they seemed to be on the same schedule we were so it wan't a huge problem.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2010

This review is about my most recent stay. As we have before, we booked this hotel for our visit for the Balloon Fiesta. We arrived late at about 12:30 in morning. Only the security guard was on duty at the front desk. She was unable to get us into the right room after three trys at making keys. One set was not woking for that room. Another set was for a room that was already occupied, and a third was for the right room but wrong keys. On the fourth try she was finally able to make a good set and for the right room. This all took about an hour and 4 trips to the front desk. Very disappointing not to have a desk clerk on duty at 12:30am; Management? Rest of the stay was uneventful. Rooms were quiet, comfortable and warm. We utilized the kitchenette, the free wi-fi and the television. All were excellent, although the TV channels were few and no pay per view movies. Parking was close by although crowded due to the event. Checkout was a breeze. Other than check-in, no problems at all. Nice stay, nice hotel. We'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I won this through hotwire and with the amenities listed had a good idea it was probably an extended stay hotel and I was right. I prefer a normal hotel with continental breakfast and daily maid service but this was not bad for the price. It was during the balloon fest to prices were alot higher than normal..and I had to have a room with high speed internet so I won this for 79/night. Room was small but had everything we needed included a fridge, stove, coffee maker and microwave. I recommend you bring more towels but we did get some extras. Also they only give you one bar of soap and 1 little bottle of shampoo. After 4 nights with kids our room was looking pretty wrecked with the maid only coming weekly but we managed. Wi-fi was easy to use and worked good, plenty of parking. TV had a couple movie channels. It was ok overall.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nocturnalgirl72
Reviewed 4 September 2010

In Albuquerque I was searching for budget and well located hotel. In my opinion Suburban Extended Stay is an excellent choice. It is located near to the highway crossing (about 1 mile). It gives huge flexibility when travelling to any point in the city. Rooms are basic, but spacious. I recommend this hotel, but I need to make one distinction: for traveller focused on the old city, I suggest to find something next to it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ke1con
Reviewed 3 September 2010

The location of the hotel could not have been better. We were very close to Old Town Albuquerque and the Museums. Our kids had a wonderful stay as did my wife and I. The room was cozy. We had two beds and they were Queens, at most places we travel we would get two doubles after being told they were Queens. Great staff as well.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank thetieguy
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I loved my stay at the Suburban Hotel. The kitchens in the room were awesome. The work area was well lit up and the WiFi was fast. I could get my work done well eating a home cooked meal.....and watch a lot of great channels. I will have to say the best staff anywhere!!!! I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We were in this hotel about a month. The service in this hotel is the worst Ihave ever experienced. The hotel staff is not only unfriendly but downright rude. If you stay longer that a night you have to pay extra for cleaning. Cleanliness is not that great to start with. These people treat their guests like second rate citizens. The old adage beware of something too cheap it may not be what it appears is very true in this case. Because the price of the room is decent the hotel staff takes a very poor attitude. When you go to the front desk and ask for towels the manager probably will ask you if can get by with only 1 towel and not a washcloth! That is the managers attitude.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business