“Not so Elegante” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Clovis, New Mexico
“Not so Elegante”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are looking for a nice place to stay - keep looking. This hotel is sub-par for most standards. However, if you have a large team of sweaty kids and you don't care about nasty carpets and lousy service (but a decent free breakfast) - feel free to bring your entourage. My check in took over an hour, the shower still had hair from the previous tenants, and it was even hard to order a drink at the bar. Pay the additional $25 a night and book the Crown Plaza across the street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gracee61

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lordsburg, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The building and hallways aren't the prettiest, but this is an overall nice place to stay. Rooms are clean and modern, staff was accommodating, and the breakfast is very good as free breakfasts go. This is the perfect compromise of luxury and price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hawle1ja
Stevenage, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here for business and this hotel was less than pleasant after work. To begin with, the light was broken in the bathroom and the bins had not been emptied from the previous guests. Having just wanted to get in and go to bed I didn't really want to deal with this and used the light of my cell phone to shower. Speaking of the shower, the shower head was inefficient and nonadjustable and the water was either ice cold or scalding hot. In the morning I wasn't sure if breakfast was included as it was booked through the company so I double checked with front desk. I had to explain 3 times what I wanted to find out and it took 2 members of staff 5 minutes to figure it out, in the end consulting a paper copy of the contract with my company. It wasn't included, so I didn't pay $8.50 for a continental breakfast and went to Subway across the road for half the price. Additionally, the decor is similar to hotels I remember from the mid 90s and I was genuinely astonished when I saw that it is listed as a 4 star hotel. It's a shame as it is in a decent location and could have great facilities but needs a considerable amount of money spent to make it an actual 4 star hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank aidanjmcg
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This place does a lot of convention business and maybe it's great for that. I found it large and impersonal and was disappointed in a number of ways.

When I checked in, the clerk said I could upgrade to the "Tower" for $20 and get a nicer, quieter room. The "Tower" turned out to be five stories high and the room was very ordinary. It was quiet -- the tower was fairly empty. The room was not particularly spacious --- I kind of feel like I got conned.

The restaurant area was gigantic and cavernous - and I had a coupon for two free drinks so I ate in the bar. Most people seemed to prefer the bar -- there was more people than in the restaurant. Service was indifferent, the chairs were uncomfortable, atmosphere was nothing, but the food was decent.

You do get a free breakfast and they have a staff person who will cook you an omelet. Unfortunately, the staff person was no cook and the omelet was sub-par -- overcooked on the outside and undercooked on the inside. I would have liked to toast an English muffin, but they seemed to be gone.

Room Tip: I would not pay extra for the "Tower." Actually, I'd stay somewhere else. I have wri...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank devideviq
Carlsbad, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I loved this hotel. The rooms where really clean and the workers where friendly. The pool was nice, Even breakfast was overall good. The only thing I didnt like was in our room, it seemed like the toilet was going to over flow every time we flushed it, And we had to hold the handle down for a few minutes until it flushed... But other then that, it was a great place to stay. We will be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emily P
Silver City, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this Hotel many times. It is always our 1st choice when we stay in Albuquerque. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff are fabulous. The breakfast that you get with your stay is amazing! Not only do the have the usual bagels, danish, cereal and yogurt that most hotels give you but they also have a hot buffet that includes scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon,biscuits, gravy and oatmeal. BUT even better - someone will custom make an omelet for you while you wait! Our most recent stay was in January and it had been almost a year since our previous stay - the gentleman that is in charge of the breakfast area remembered us! We will stay here again and again!

Room Tip: The only recommendation I have is to not stay near an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travelholly57
La Luz, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the night prior to checking my cancer patient sister into the hospital and returned for the next three nights. The staff were courteous and helpful, giving me the same room four nights in a row as our departure plans were repeatedly delayed. The hotel atmosphere was lovely. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was great when I got the chance to eat there. I'm planning on returning in a few days as we continue getting my sister the care she needs two hundred miles away from our small town. Not my favorite part of Albuquerque, but close to the hospitals.

Room Tip: Just tell the desk what you are looking for. For me it was a handicapped room/minimal walking. The...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family