“good choice”
Review of MCM Elegante Hotel

MCM Elegante Hotel
Ranked #82 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 21 April 2014

best hotel I have stayed at in Albuquerque. good idea for us to stay here not to expensive, nice rooms, bar, restaurant and pool all nice and clean. I didn't meet one rude or hateful person. shuttle service included.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is the best hotel we have stayed in in Albuquerque NM. The room was very updated with an exellent bed. The buffet breakfast was second to none. We have now found The place for us to stay in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: The MCM Elegante Hotel is very conveniently located close to the I40 and close to restaurants. I wil...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie D
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had made reservations for 2 rooms. When I made the reservations, I requested adjoining rooms. They said to call back a couple days prior to our stay and request it at that time, which I did, but was told there were none available - first disappointment. When we got there, about an hour later than check-in, I again requested adjoining rooms, and they again said there was none available and that I could have 2 rooms next to each other, but I would have to wait, which was ok since we had other plans for that day. When we finally came back, we were able to check in and go to our rooms.

The rooms were nice - a little dated, but sufficient. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was a little dirty - saw a piece of dust/dirt behind the bathroom door that was there the whole time of our visit. The water pressure for the shower fluctuated - at times it felt like someone flushed the toilet - got a burst of hot water, then cooler water - not a pleasant experience.

The pool/hot tub and exercise room were clean and well kept, although we did have to request the door to the pool be unlocked to use it during "open hours". Also, my wife couldn't use the pool once in the morning because they were still doing "maintenance" to it.

It was centrally located, which was convenient when we wanted to see the sights.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, just average.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DaLostTraVeler
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We traveled with two other couples (all of us are 45 and over,) Check-in took less than 20 minutes.
We arrived via train and we contacted the hotel for shuttle service from the station to the property it took them about 45 minutes to respond. We then learned they only had one driver on at that time. We used the shuttle service several times during the week and enjoyed all 4 of the drivers we encountered. They we friendly and always provided service with a smile.
The housekeeping staff we also excellent. They promptly provided additional towels and the room was well cleaned each day. The hotel is older but service of the housekeeping staff made up for this.
When our group travels together we like to relax at the end of the day by gathering poolside. We were not able to do this as you could not enter the pool area using your room key. You had to have a hotel staff member let you in and supervise you. The one time we attempted to use the pool one member of our group arrived at the pool before the rest of us and was told by the staff member that her supper break starts in 30 minutes so she hoped we would be done before them. Due to this event we did not use the pool area. Later we found out that it is hotel policy to have staff present when the pool is in use.

Room Tip: Rated service excellent based on the shuttle staff and the housekeeping staff. Higher floor rooms ar...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

It took over an hour to get checked in after waiting in line. (I felt lucky, others had been there for 2 1/2 hours) I made a reservation way in advance, but there were no rooms clean. Finally, they put me in a pet room. When I got there, it still was not cleaned. The bedding was balled up in a chair, there were many personal items in the restroom still and a wrapper from a gift basket on the desk. I had a presentation at 5:00 p.m., and was not able to get into the room until 3:30 p.m. - called the front desk, they apologized, offered a free meal ticket (which I never received) and said they would send the cleaning staff as soon as possible. By 4:20, I realized they were not coming, so I had to go to the presentation without getting ready after a 4 1/2 hour drive. The room was next to the side entrance so there was constant traffic in and out the door. The cleaning staff started cleaning the room next to mine at 6:30 a.m. with a vacuum. Did not feel comfortable or safe. No, I will never stay here again. When I told the front desk staff about the evening, they just smiled and said sorry, but we can't do anything since you booked through a third party....huge disappointment!

Room Tip: Do not stay here! Spend the money for this room somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank liblady1124
Reviewed 7 March 2014

If you want a place to stay with the most comfortable beds around and a reasonable rate, this is the hotel for you. I've stayed in three other MCM Hotels, and the experience has always been good. This trip was business, and we had multiple rooms and late check-in and stayed in the Tower rooms. The staff was very accommodating. The rooms were clean and quiet. We were given two free drinks in the lounge every day as well as free breakfast with a buffet and omelet bar. Overall the food was very good. For the value, it's worth checking this place out.

Room Tip: Ask for the Tower room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mcabqnm
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are looking for a nice place to stay - keep looking. This hotel is sub-par for most standards. However, if you have a large team of sweaty kids and you don't care about nasty carpets and lousy service (but a decent free breakfast) - feel free to bring your entourage. My check in took over an hour, the shower still had hair from the previous tenants, and it was even hard to order a drink at the bar. Pay the additional $25 a night and book the Crown Plaza across the street.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gracee61
Travellers also viewed these Albuquerque hotels
Quality Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Old Town
Fairfield Inn Albuquerque University Area

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about MCM Elegante Hotel

Address: 2020 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107-1715 (Formerly Holiday Inn Mountain View)
Region: United States > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #82 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Price Range: £64 - £110 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — MCM Elegante Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your MCM Elegante Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mcm Elegante Albuquerque