“Best burritos in town.”
Review of The Burrito Lady

The Burrito Lady
Ranked #683 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is really NEW Mexican cuisine, but you don't list that as a choice! It's the tiniest place in the back corner of a shopping center, but when I google it I see reviews from yelp, urbanspoon, etc.
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This place is tiny and hidden but their Supreme burrito is the best burrito there is for breakfast, the green chile is always spicy but so worth it. I am yet to try other stuff on menu because I just love burritos. I guess that everything most be as good. The lady is always busy but we have never waited for longer than 30 minutes to get our food even when it is crowded. there is not a lot of tables, so take out is always a good option.

Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

Great selection of burritos (I like them all!!) not much seating, my suggestion, order burritos and a drink head to the nearest city park and have a picnic.

My recommendation try them all!!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

The Burrito Lady runs a friendly popular place for the best red chilli around.
The Burritos are the best.
Excellent varied menu as well.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

This is really NEW Mexican cuisine. I think the locals would prefer the Burrito Lady remains a secret--it's certainly a challenge to find unless you go with a guide! Nestled in the back corner of an older shopping center (next to the barber shop), this restaurant's sign is difficult to read. The whole place is the size of a closet, but there are several tables outside. That being said, there is always a line for this one-woman show. The food is cheap, plentiful, and delicious, but the hours are short--6:30 a.m. until 2 p.m., M-F only. We had carne adovado--one a breakfast version (potatoes and egg added) and one a lunch version (choice of rice, potatoes, or beans). I'm used to spicy food, but this was HOT! My lips were numb and my tongue tingled, but I certainly ate the whole burrito, which was large. There is a good choice of fillings; tacos and enchiladas are also on the menu. Our burritos were $3.75. The Burrito Lady herself is friendly and personable. I don't know the history of this place, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had once been a mobile unit which found a stationary home. I would highly recommend you try it, but remember the motto printed on the menu is "If You Like It Hot." Oh and be forewarned--it's cash only.

1  Thank FoodyMama