This hotel has a convenient location for us, close to I-25 with access to Albuquerque destinations we like, and not far from Rio Rancho where we visit family. On the same lot is a Phillips 66, a convenience store, and a Carl’s Jr. The location is also very close to the Balloon Fiesta grounds.
This is a lower mid-level hotel with most of the necessities we want for a reasonable price.
The breakfast is fairly typical of this style of hotel and more than adequate for us. It included a pancake machine which worked well and provided some variety to the usual fare of cereal, juice, bread and roll varieties, fruit, etc. The attendant provided good service and overall the breakfast was a plus.
We found the facility to be pleasant and clean.
There are two computers and a printer in the entry area for those who need them. We did not use the pool or workout facility.
As mentioned in other reviews the bathroom is small. Exactly the length of a bathtub, to be exact. One person can manage fine, but the toilet and door occasionally get in the way. The shower enclosure floor was faulty in some way and made loud creaking noises as we stood in the shower.
We had a suite which suffered terribly from dim lighting. The light situation was worsened by a broken desk lamp and a burned out light bulb in a wall lamp. We asked that the lamp be replaced and the desk clerk promptly brought us a replacement. The room’s wet bar was above average, well lit with a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave.
Our room was not made up on our second day even though the housekeeping cart was at our door when we left the hotel. The desk provided clean towels when we returned that night, but the event hurt our overall impression of the place.
This hotel has many things going for it but this particular experience was not what it should have been. It strikes me that our issues could have been prevented by the housekeeper and might not be typical of every guest’s experience. Given the things we DO like about the hotel, we will give it one more chance sometime in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North-Balloon Fiesta Park was designed to provide a comfortable stay, whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. We take great pride in our property and our staff is dedicated to providing total guest satisfaction. We are minutes from the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Park and Sandia Casino, with easy access to Interstate 25. Hotel features include complimentary hot breakfast and free local phone calls. Visit Albuquerque, NM and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park Hotel Albuquerque
- Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque
- Holiday Inn Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Holiday Inn