“I would stay again and recommend to others”

Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park
Ranked #77 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Hobbs, New Mexico
“I would stay again and recommend to others”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed two week nights and was thoroughly happy with the quiet, clean, comfortable room.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. When I expressed concern about the location of my room, they immediately gave me a different room further from potential noise.

The internet worked perfectly, the TV was good, room smelled fresh, bed was comfortable. That's all I wanted. Also the location was near the tourist destinations. Only about ten minutes to the tramway ride, less than 15 minutes to Old Town and trolley tour (great!), a Trader Joe's and lot of other shopping areas only one exit away on Paseo del Norte.

I would stay again, and recommend.

Room Tip: I always ask for top floor so I don't get potential elephant dancing above, but these rooms seem...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Lily H, Owner at Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear AJ L,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel that your room was quiet, clean and comfortable and that the staff was friendly and acommodating. We take pride in offering great service to our guests. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. I am also happy to hear our location was close to all the touristic spots you were interested in and that you were able to visit while staying with us. we are looking forward to see you back here soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel and found that I was not as enthusiastic with this hotel as before. I found out that there are no refrigerators in every room, only suites. However, in my daughters room, she had a refrigerator but it did not work and when I reported it, the staff said "only suites have refrigerators and that there should not have been one in her room." Great staff resolutions, NOT!!!! Carpets were dirty. At business center, printer did not work. Only pleasant thing was breakfast.

Room Tip: If you want a refrigerator or micro get at suite, but of course this cost more (of course).
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear TucsonTraveller2,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am deeply sorry that your visit was less than satisfactory due to the issues you experienced with the room and maintenance levels being sub par. Rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments so that we can further improve on our efforts.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed at.. Upon checking in it looks great.. Then you get to your room and it hits you. You can't stand in the bathroom without having to stand in a corner to shut the door. The lamps didn't work next to the bed. There was a big burn mark on the carpet, the pull out bed didn't have sheets on it . They have this round table that's by the couch that assuming you used the pull out bed the table would block the path from the other 2 beds. Then I went to give the kids a bath. The stopper didn't work. Then I went to take a shower and the tub creeks like it gonna break . Then I woke up went to get out of bed and the comforter was dirt on the inside . Like they just turned it over. We thought that it was over then we went to breakfast. My wife tried to eat the biscuits and gravy but it was still frozen in the middle. The hotel was so bad I checked after a day..

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank TazInAz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear TazInAz,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, NM.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2013

a really great hotel in northern part of city right there next to the balloon park and just minutes from the Sandia casino .. very very quiet king suite on the first floor .. we heard nothing, just the hum of the air conditioner .. soft bed, great couch area and desk .. small refg, coffee maker and microwave .. the pool was warm and the hot tub nice though its jets didnt work .. excellent breakfast of eggs and sausage and all sorts of extras .. staff was of great help and very friendly and knowledgable of the area .. easy to find and get on and off the interstate . .. thanks to the manage of this hotel for such a wonderful stay

Room Tip: . we called Holiday Inn reservations and were able to secure a suite for the price of a regular room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stayed at hotel to visit with family and friends. This hotel provided good service and a very good, hot breakfast. Had a very spacious king room across from elevator. Had no problem with any noise from elevator, just kids running down hallway in morning. I saw construction area, however they were not working when we were there from Thursday eve thru Saturday.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the Christmas Holiday. Although the room was not cleaned on the holiday, the staff provided clean towels. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially the lady at the breakfast buffet. The hotel is very comfortable and attractive. We will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank A T
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I was visiting friends in downtown Albuquerque, Rio Rancho and I had a court hearing in Santa Fe. This was the perfect location if you plan to hit all three areas since it is right off of the interstate. There was no noise from the interstate, but construction next door during the day was annoying.

My only complaint was that the tiny pillows are worthless to sleep on. Why do hotel properties use these?

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends